MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Scotland trip 2009

Hey guys I know I'm still way new to the site, but had to share with you all (specially as Houston is super flat.) Well I'm here in the motherland of Scotland, and I wish I shipped my bike over here!!! The roads are simply amazing for bikes, twists, hills, straight aways...and the scenery is unbelievable. The weather has been great and just perfect. Still have 2 weeks left and there is a British Superbikes races at Knockhill race track which is about 10 miles from where I'm staying that my uncles friend is working the pits and got me in for free lol See ya when I get back stateside

Scotland trip 2009
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W Representing motohouston in Scotland.... duston98 Event Pics and Vids 19 08-11-2014 06:05 AM
Hello from Scotland! Squoddybody Off Topic 26 08-08-2011 12:10 PM
Scotland Road Trip Flying Scot General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-26-2009 06:29 AM
GO ON SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!! Flying Scot Off Topic 6 09-06-2006 07:51 PM
In Scotland!!! Flying Scot Off Topic 13 05-30-2006 12:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.....now don't forget to take your skirt off before you get home
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

im pretty sure you can rent bikes over there, rent and post up pics..... im a lil envious i didnt get a chance to go there when i was in germany....

and riding on the left side of the road on a bike blows me away.....
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

I hate you man! J/K

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

a friend of my dad's lives in Aberdeen... he's coming to the states in september to ride deals gap... the photos my dad has from over there are amazing.. i want to visit so bad..

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
DLSGAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
So uh if you see anything with TopGear on it bring it back...for me please.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 AM   #8
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Bike(s):

Ok ran into a little problem, the library that I use to check emails has blocked sites for me to upload pics and vids, so I'll post more when I get stateside (was able to use my uncles broadband on first set). It turned out my uncle rides bikes I was super excited and thought finally. Turns out he has 2 Ducati's and some rare design Suzuki (forgot what he said but will try find out). I wasn't able to ride them as he was a little hesitant (and said I wasn't insured on them in case I was pulled over), but he did take me up in his glider (which I was a little hesitant). Man was really looking forward to posting some more pics on the scenery and all, stupid firewalls haha Ok I'll do it when I get back in a week. Ride safe all and I hear its a little warm over there, its been a high of 20 celsius (68 fahrenheit) lol

SexualChocolate lol Top Gear is on everyday man I love that show, haven't found gear though but The Stig is huge here ;o)

Last edited by GSXR_911; 06-29-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add last part
GSXR_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

OMG! Where are you? My grandpa lives in TAIN and my Uncle is a bobby in Edinburgh! We go visit every other year. I can't remember the name of the bike shop, but you really can rent a bike in Scotland! I'll ask GuitarMan to post up and let you know because I'm sure he remembers!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

There's a bike shop in Perth that rents out bikes. Here's the link http://www.perthmcs.com/bike_hire.php There are other places as well. Type in "Bike hire" on your search engine, there are other places as well.

Meaner and I are planning on renting bikes sometime in the future and riding over there. Every time we go we are dying to ride, but we usually have the kids in tow. We went in February this year and the last time we went in the summer. The summer is sooooo nice over there. I think we experienced a heat wave one day with about 79 degrees woot woot. Actually broke a sweet climbing the hill to see the Wallace Monument. We camped for 14 days and talked to bike riders that were camping also. The guys from main land Europe call Scotland "The Race Track" and they usually came over on the ferry. The camping was so awesome that I told the wife I could have done it another 2 weeks no problem. She said "Screw that, I want my own bed for a change." I would drop everything here if I could and live over there. Send more pics.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

good to see you post up about the trip! i was wondering where you had been... looks like some great scenery over there

enjoy, and give us more pics when ya can
Old 06-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
Good to see and hear so many of you enjoy Scotland! I am from Edinburgh and flying home in August for my first ever motorbike road trip in my home country...I cannot wait! I started riding here in Houston so I can't wait to get there this year. It doesn't hurt that 2 of my very best friends now also ride AND are police officers - oh yes that will help I am sure! So the 3 of us are starting Edinburgh up to Cupar (where I pick up my rental) then all the way to the Northern tip of Scotland.

The roads are soooo enjoyable when I go home I'll just go and drive out of town for a day going nowhere, it really is that special. Why do you think the top racing sports in the world all have a Scotsman - they grew up on these 2 lane 2 way roads with speed limits of 70mph.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! If you are heading to Edinburgh for a night out let me know and I'll sort you out with places.

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
www.myspace.com/getitupyee
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

id love to go on a ride out there

the scenery is phenomenal

thanks for posting the pic and vid....im officially jealous lol
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot View Post
So the 3 of us are starting Edinburgh up to Cupar (where I pick up my rental) then all the way to the Northern tip of Scotland.

The roads are soooo enjoyable when I go home I'll just go and drive out of town for a day going nowhere, it really is that special. Why do you think the top racing sports in the world all have a Scotsman - they grew up on these 2 lane 2 way roads with speed limits of 70mph.
Going all the way up to John O Groats eh? We were up there 2 yrs ago and we drove along the northern coast and it was fun driving those roads in a car. I kept telling the wife that we need to rent some bikes and hit them one day. The single track roads on the NW side were different. I always remember Plockton over on that side. It reminded me of being in the French Riviera. Very nice, I really did'nt want to come home from that trip.

My wifes cousin is a police officer in Edinburgh. Your friends would probably know him, His name is Yockson Bell and they actually live in Dalkeith SE of the city.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:00 AM   #15
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Bike(s):

Hey thanks for the rental site, Perth isn't far from where I'm staying, Kelty, Fife just outside of Dumfermline. I think I have a spare day before I get back so who knows. Since I was born here and all my family lives here its been great having a place to stay free ;o) That's great to hear there are fellow Scots on MH and those that ever get a chance to fly over the pond I HIGHLY suggest it. Basically you can drive anywhere as Scotland is wee ;o) Example Kelty to Inverness about 100 miles give or take. But the best thing is during the summer, at midnight the sky is as bright as 7:30p Tx!!!! Thats more "daylight" riding than one's tooshie can handle haha Ok well I'm off to go to Edinburgh and this year I'm climbing King Arthur's seat for those that know what I'm talking about.
(again sorry the library computer won't allow me to post pics at this time but plenty when I get back. Over 1000 so far haha thank for digital cameras)
Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
Going all the way up to John O Groats eh? We were up there 2 yrs ago and we drove along the northern coast and it was fun driving those roads in a car. I kept telling the wife that we need to rent some bikes and hit them one day. The single track roads on the NW side were different. I always remember Plockton over on that side. It reminded me of being in the French Riviera. Very nice, I really did'nt want to come home from that trip.

My wifes cousin is a police officer in Edinburgh. Your friends would probably know him, His name is Yockson Bell and they actually live in Dalkeith SE of the city.
I'll ask the boys if they know him!

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
www.myspace.com/getitupyee
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement