MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by linjy2
pulling out fast with a bunch of people and then having to slam your brakes too hard because the person in front of you did the same? result highside because you lack finesse on the controll?
buying your first bike= $10000.00
buying your first ins. policy=$3500.00
going out to eat with moto houston guys= $10.00

highsiding because you were pulling out fast with a bunch of people and then having to slam your brakes too hard because the person in front of you did the same= PRICELESS

:laughing6

Last edited by CarbonJames; 03-17-2006 at 04:53 PM.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My wreck last night Persh General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 09-27-2011 08:29 AM
wreck last night NO MORE F4I Off Topic 17 03-26-2010 02:52 AM
Wreck at the End Zone last night Yammy General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 12-22-2008 08:25 AM
motorcycle wreck last night witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-29-2008 02:59 PM
Wreck in Atascocita last night Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-25-2008 03:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
lol, but still....at any time they could've seen you and easily messed you up. i'd be scared, but then again i'm no bandido
me either, i just play one on the internet

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I would not call that a highside but.... that sucks.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #24
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Dang dude that sux...Be carefull out there....scooter iv done the same loli will kick there car in a heart beat,

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #25
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #26
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
hey for all you who said to speed up and chase his ...uhmm his clip snapped and was hanging on for life...i got out my tools and tightened the out of it but it was still not trust worthy,thats why mike was supposed to watch his back on the ride back tot he woodlands...silly spaz ,bikes are for men
So could you tell me why you are riding....:eh:

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #27
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

oh ..so you're the dude I heard about on the 750? that sucks...next time be careful when you come out of a parking lot w/ other riders
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #28
Candie

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Glad you made it home safe! Take care and hope you get ur ride fixed soon!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 AM   #29
poulsen

Bike(s):
02 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
how did you highside when exiting a parking lot? is this your first bike?
No this isn't my first bike. I spent almost a year on a Ninja 250 before moving up. And here's the story of what happened: I pulled onto the feeder with about four guys ahead of me. I didn't accelerate fast and you can ask them because they all totally ditched me. My back end slipped a bit, partly because I have a cold tire (and because they're Dunlops too) and partly due to some sand or gravel in the ditch (near the Lowe's parking lot entrance) and my back end started to slide out. While trying to hang on I accidently grabbed more throttle which shot my back end out further to the left. My back end was almost perpendicular with the curb when the bike snapped straight up and shot me over the handlebars. No I wasn't going too fast, I'm not a squid and I'm not inexperienced. This was just a lot of bad luck in a short amount of time.
poulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #30
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulsen
No this isn't my first bike. I spent almost a year on a Ninja 250 before moving up. And here's the story of what happened: I pulled onto the feeder with about four guys ahead of me. I didn't accelerate fast and you can ask them because they all totally ditched me. My back end slipped a bit, partly because I have a cold tire (and because they're Dunlops too) and partly due to some sand or gravel in the ditch (near the Lowe's parking lot entrance) and my back end started to slide out. While trying to hang on I accidently grabbed more throttle which shot my back end out further to the left. My back end was almost perpendicular with the curb when the bike snapped straight up and shot me over the handlebars. No I wasn't going too fast, I'm not a squid and I'm not inexperienced. This was just a lot of bad luck in a short amount of time.

well dont sit there and blame the "tire" it was mostly you. Tires on every bike there were "cold" you just happen to be the only one who made a simple mistake and had a crash..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #31
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
**slaps tire** Bad Tire

Old 03-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #32
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

I'm quite sure you had enough lectures dude. Man I'm just glad that had his hand on you that night. I have to work on my temper. I use to have a bad temper but now I have problems when someone willfully do something to put my life in danger. To me that's attempted murder - straight up. Do you all agree?
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #33
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:

i kind of heard this and your story was being passed around ASI later that night. i think they said you reached for your front brake but forgot the gas was on the same handlebar and gassed up.

oh well, mistakes happen and at least you didnt hit anybody else.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #34
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
MSF? :dontknow:
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #35
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Glad you are OK
Old 03-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #36
Badass Billy
ScrubCycles

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-10R

In June of 02 an 18-wheeler ran a stop sign and crossed my lane on a highway in which I smashed into him around 70 mph. (Died, CPR revived me, life-flighted) After that incident I have always either carried crushed up sparkplugs, bolts, or nuts in my jacket pocket in case if anybody did anything stupid again, (and I was still riding) I would throw them into their front window while riding ahead of them. I have only done this 1 time in which a car cut in front of me making me almost wreck and I drove up next to him and flipped him off and he kept trying to run me off the road. After throwing the handful of bolts it spidered his windshield so bad that he slammed on his brakes and came to a stop. The sad thing is that there is nothing legally you can do if a car does this to you. The police say "its your word versus his, what am I supposed to do?" I'm sure I will get some bad feedback about this but oh well, its the truth and we have to take our stand.
Badass Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #37
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass Billy
In June of 02 an 18-wheeler ran a stop sign and crossed my lane on a highway in which I smashed into him around 70 mph. (Died, CPR revived me, life-flighted) After that incident I have always either carried crushed up sparkplugs, bolts, or nuts in my jacket pocket in case if anybody did anything stupid again, (and I was still riding) I would throw them into their front window while riding ahead of them. I have only done this 1 time in which a car cut in front of me making me almost wreck and I drove up next to him and flipped him off and he kept trying to run me off the road. After throwing the handful of bolts it spidered his windshield so bad that he slammed on his brakes and came to a stop. The sad thing is that there is nothing legally you can do if a car does this to you. The police say "its your word versus his, what am I supposed to do?" I'm sure I will get some bad feedback about this but oh well, its the truth and we have to take our stand.

thats what im talking bout, getting mad, WOO WOO
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #38
poulsen

Bike(s):
02 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
well dont sit there and blame the "tire" it was mostly you. Tires on every bike there were "cold" you just happen to be the only one who made a simple mistake and had a crash..
Well I got the whole tire thing from someone asking me if I had Dunlops. I said yeah and they said, well that's your problem right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
i kind of heard this and your story was being passed around ASI later that night. i think they said you reached for your front brake but forgot the gas was on the same handlebar and gassed up.

oh well, mistakes happen and at least you didnt hit anybody else.
No, I didn't touch the front brake at all.
poulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #39
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

at least your alive..

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #40
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Well I got the whole tire thing from someone asking me if I had Dunlops. I said yeah and they said, well that's your problem right there.

No, I didn't touch the front brake at all.

because you grabbed too much throttle?

Advertisement