MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

i need a badazz alarm installed saturday

from what i'm seeing, the lojack dosen't have a pager feature. gonna want that.
want a perimiter sensor, the whole 9 yards. lethal shock feature? i'm IN.
i've already lost 2 bikes, aint gonna lose another.
THANKS
CRAIG
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hooligan is such a badazz GRIFF Off Topic 18 05-23-2009 12:16 PM
SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY..... MAY 5TH AFTERNOON.... Northside G35 Events, Meets and Rides 1 05-04-2007 06:29 PM
badazz sunset Buck Nasty Off Topic 8 05-10-2006 10:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
from what i'm seeing, the lojack dosen't have a pager feature. gonna want that.
want a perimiter sensor, the whole 9 yards. lethal shock feature? i'm IN.
i've already lost 2 bikes, aint gonna lose another.
THANKS
CRAIG
LoJack will call or text you if the bike is moved.

http://www.lojack.com/motorcycle/pag...-recovery.aspx

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Lowjack Does have a pager, get it installed from Motorcycles Unlimited Patrick will hook you up.

and your avatar is that really the ugly flat chick from Transporter 2? lol

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, Lojack has made their early warning sytem for motorcycles available for the Houston area.

The basic principle is that anytime your bike is being moved and the remote is not near it, your are notified by phone, text, e-mail, beeper etc., up to 5 contacts of your choice, and you can add or change contacts at any time at no charge.

The motorcycle recovery stats for Lojack in the Houston area are phenomonal; 97% recovery in the first 24 hours and 100% recovery period in the Houston area.

Lojack is the only system directly monitored / located by law enforcement.

The MH price for Lojack is $600.00 for the unit and $175.00 for installation.

That's it, no monthly fees, nothing else.

Please give us a call if you have any questions.
flip326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
craigntx
team ftp

Bike(s):

so many products..
any have gps snitch?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
Seriously the best way to secure your bike is not park it at an apartment complex.

fixt
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Ok guys, let me clear this up. The Lo Jack system does not have a pager built in. It is similar but it works different. A pager system is designed to notify the owner of the motorcycle at that moment that his or her bike is being moved, sat on, touched, kicked, etc. In most case if someone is looking for a pager system it is because they want to be notified the exact moment the bike is being touched. You will not get that with Lo Jack.

The Lo Jack unit has a built in sensor and comes with a key fob. It will notify the owner via text message, phone call or email after the bike has been MOVED for a certain amount of time. Not touched, or knocked over or sat on. The notification is there to let the owner know to contact the police so it can be tracked.

The main purpose of the Early Warning system is to reduce the amount of time between the bike getting stolen and the owner actually finding out. It is not an ALARM system. It is a theft recovery system only.

An alarm is good for letting the owner know something or someone is messing with or trying to steal their bike. It does no more than that. The Lo Jack system is designed to let the owner know that the motorcycle has been stolen and offer them a way to get it back. This I prefer this option a lot better than to just knowing that it was stolen.

Some statistics for yall. With the early warning system. Lo Jack is 99% recovery with in the first 24 hours. That is about as close as you can get to a guarantee to get your motorcycle back. Lo Jack also has additional warranties you can buy to help cover your loss if there are damages to the bike. You must carry full coverage for some of the warranties

Call Brandon at the shop with any questions you have on Lo Jack.

Hopefully this helps clarify

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

Oh and the bike he's getting has a MicroTrak GPS unit installed on it that includes an accelerometer and tilt sensor that will send alerts to the web based tracking system whenever the bike is moved off the sidestand, accelerates above 3 or 5 mph (can't remember which)....

and even though its a little big brotherish, you can track routes, and speeds with it as well

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
DLSGAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
Oh and the bike he's getting has a MicroTrak GPS unit installed on it that includes an accelerometer and tilt sensor that will send alerts to the web based tracking system whenever the bike is moved off the sidestand, accelerates above 3 or 5 mph (can't remember which)....

and even though its a little big brotherish, you can track routes, and speeds with it as well

That will work great as long as he is getting a signal from the satellite. If the bike is put in a van or a bed covered truck it will probably loose signal.

Can't track it without a signal

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

surprisingly it has picked up in places i didn't expect it to... the underground parking garage at work for one...

I'd recommend an alarm of some type too... I've kept it under lock and key in the garage when i'm not right next to it so the alarm at the house has it covered when i'm not around.

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

oh and did he mention he's not only getting a killer deal on the bike... he's getting it delivered too...

Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #12
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
I use a scorpio paging alarm in my bike, and it works great. I tested it in the PP1 parking lot and the claimed 1/2 mile range works flawlessly.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #13
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

If you do decide to get an alarm and want it installed let me know. I will give you the info to a badass guy that does my installs. He offers a fair price and honest work, was referred to me by a fellow MH member.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
craigntx
team ftp

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
I use a scorpio paging alarm in my bike, and it works great. I tested it in the PP1 parking lot and the claimed 1/2 mile range works flawlessly.
got a deal thru here, $325 + install for the 900
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
craigntx
team ftp

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
oh and did he mention he's not only getting a killer deal on the bike... he's getting it delivered too...
bring a digicam please
and thanks again`
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
sure, line of site and out in the open. when your inside a building that range diminishes greatly!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #17
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

yes it does.......

If a thief wants it, they are going to get it. Make sure you ar epaid up on your insurance and make sure you have a good policy.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Ok guys, let me clear this up. The Lo Jack system does not have a pager built in. It is similar but it works different. A pager system is designed to notify the owner of the motorcycle at that moment that his or her bike is being moved, sat on, touched, kicked, etc. In most case if someone is looking for a pager system it is because they want to be notified the exact moment the bike is being touched. You will not get that with Lo Jack.

The Lo Jack unit has a built in sensor and comes with a key fob. It will notify the owner via text message, phone call or email after the bike has been MOVED for a certain amount of time. Not touched, or knocked over or sat on. The notification is there to let the owner know to contact the police so it can be tracked.

The main purpose of the Early Warning system is to reduce the amount of time between the bike getting stolen and the owner actually finding out. It is not an ALARM system. It is a theft recovery system only.

An alarm is good for letting the owner know something or someone is messing with or trying to steal their bike. It does no more than that. The Lo Jack system is designed to let the owner know that the motorcycle has been stolen and offer them a way to get it back. This I prefer this option a lot better than to just knowing that it was stolen.

Some statistics for yall. With the early warning system. Lo Jack is 99% recovery with in the first 24 hours. That is about as close as you can get to a guarantee to get your motorcycle back. Lo Jack also has additional warranties you can buy to help cover your loss if there are damages to the bike. You must carry full coverage for some of the warranties

Call Brandon at the shop with any questions you have on Lo Jack.

Hopefully this helps clarify
Thanks! Based on what I read on their website I understood (wrongly) that as soon as the bike was moved at all I would get an email or text message and the only delay might be the speed of the internet or phone system.

So what is the time frame and distance before it goes off?

Does it just measure GPS coordinates every 10 minutes or so?

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #19
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
Thanks! Based on what I read on their website I understood (wrongly) that as soon as the bike was moved at all I would get an email or text message and the only delay might be the speed of the internet or phone system.

Does it just measure GPS coordinates every 10 minutes or so?
I don't believe lojack has anything to do with GPS. It is a transponder, that once activated, sets of a receiver in police cars nearby.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
Pabst214

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
Lo Jack says that there needs to be a few minutes of constant movement. This way it stops the annoying phone calls every time you move the bike across the garage with out the key fob close.

I have heard on several accounts that just by pushing the bike out of the garage and into the drive way people have been alerted. Point being is that it doesn't take much to alert, but it is not instant.

Also the unit does not alert the police. You will alert the police. You will receive a call, text or email asking you to check your unit from Lo Jack. If it is missing you then alert the police, give them the info off of your Lo Jack unit and then they start tracking.

Whole process takes about 5 mins.

FWIW GPS units may give the customer a more exact pin point location quicker, but it is always relative to the satellite signal. Lo Jack works off of an AM band. The bike could be in a steel container and the signal can still be tracked.
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement