MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #141
TREE
Professional Partier

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 Honda F4i (street/stunt)
2009 TTR50 (stunt/street-illegally)
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
^^^ that is no reason to not do a track day. Everyone has their opinions on which is best just like the whole Honda, Suki and Kawi debate.

if you were to look at it from a 'non trackday rider' then it makes since... the 'crowd' that does trackdays are never civil in there 'comparisons'... i'll just stick to hanging out with stunt riders cause no one cares who you ride with and there is never any drama in threads

when you ask a sincere question... and it turns to a discussion of this magnitude... you have to analyze the whole picture
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
If more people watched , the world would be a much more peaceful place!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
About Track Days Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-03-2008 09:12 AM
New to track days Brandon Taking it to the Track 22 08-04-2007 01:44 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #142
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
it all appears to "cliquish" to me...

I'll just stick to popping wheelies in a parking lot with a lot of other riders who don't care what "stunt team" is at the parking lot with them... and riding casually on the streets...

i couldn't justify the money spent on a trackday just so that a couple months later I could join into the argument as to which one is "better" or not....

pretty sad in my oppinion

are you serious? I can't say the first time I did a trackday I was like, "Hmmm, which cool group should I roll with?"

and for the record, my first td was with Buck Beasley and gang....BY FAR the best track experience with the least amount of BS to go along with it right there...
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #143
qwezy

wow,8 pages....a lot of reading but i have same wonderring as Joe and i have another question that : how many sestions that instructor will be mantorring / instruct novice riders ( like me for example) ? do i have to pay extra for these instructors for extra times they instructing me ? thank you all
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #144
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
if you were to look at it from a 'non trackday rider' then it makes since... the 'crowd' that does trackdays are never civil in there 'comparisons'... i'll just stick to hanging out with stunt riders cause no one cares who you ride with and there is never any drama in threads

when you ask a sincere question... and it turns to a discussion of this magnitude... you have to analyze the whole picture
As much as I don't want to - I gotta agree with Tree. If you look back from the start - we had different organizations instructors enforcing their organization as the best....

It sorta started a mini war...

Its sad all these instructors are doing it with the best intentions, but come out looking like hats or giving a bad impression to the "New/upcoming track day guy".

I gotta agree with Tree. I think it should be left alone and let the person decide what his schedule fits...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #145
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwezy View Post
wow,8 pages....a lot of reading but i have same wonderring as Joe and i have another question that : how many sestions that instructor will be mantorring / instruct novice riders ( like me for example) ? do i have to pay extra for these instructors for extra times they instructing me ? thank you all
i can't say that you'll get 1 on 1 without paying more, but most all schools have a small ratio, whether 3:1, 5:1, etc for the novice group. The key to learning at a trackday is to speak up....find an instructor and start asking questions...seriously.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #146
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
As much as I don't want to - I gotta agree with Tree. If you look back from the start - we had different organizations instructors enforcing their organization as the best....

It sorta started a mini war...

Its sad all these instructors are doing it with the best intentions, but come out looking like hats or giving a bad impression to the "New/upcoming track day guy".

I gotta agree with Tree. I think it should be left alone and let the person decide what his schedule fits...
says a reformed Ride Smart instructor who did the same thing for months
Old 06-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #147
nactx86

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2013 CRF 450R FOR SALE
06 GSXR 600 Sold
07 DRZ 400 SM Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I would like to try one of these track days I hear you all talk about. For a beginner like myself what trackday org should I go with?
Ive done Ride Smart, TDD and LSTD; they're all good, but LSTD has my vote
...Just think how good all women could of been if would have taken a few days to make them.
nactx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #148
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post

are you serious? I can't say the first time I did a trackday I was like, "Hmmm, which cool group should I roll with?"

and for the record, my first td was with Buck Beasley and gang....BY FAR the best track experience with the least amount of BS to go along with it right there...
it was sarcasm...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #149
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
this is kind of why I would never do a track day...

just reading through 8 pages of arguing for someone that was hoping to get some insite on trying something new...

"go to the one that fits your schedule"..... understandable, I doubt Joe or anyone else would pick the one he couldn't go to because of his schedule... so that made no productivity in the matter...

it all appears to "cliquish" to me...

I'll just stick to popping wheelies in a parking lot with a lot of other riders who don't care what "stunt team" is at the parking lot with them... and riding casually on the streets...

i couldn't justify the money spent on a trackday just so that a couple months later I could join into the argument as to which one is "better" or not....

pretty sad in my oppinion

Quote:

+1

i cant spend $400 on one day of riding, two track days a month = 1 new ttr 50 for me

I do wanna to go ride at gss on my motard but that day is far from me....and ya your right about stunt riding and it's what i like about it..it doesn't really matter who you are, or what 'team' you are...if you got the skills to pay the bills come chill with us and ride.

we don't sit back and argue all the time of nonsense and say that asi is better wait no cici's in alvin is better or fsck that! ranken is the

most 'track heads' and 'racers' are to hot headed for me. everyone on that side of the fences seems to be the best of the best. stunt riding you know where you stand and it's seems way more positive, esp when you drop/wreck...

just my two cents.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #150
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

I've ridden with all the orgs and worked with most of them as well. They all serve a purpose and help people become better riders. Unfortunately all of them seem to cause pointless drama. Just pick one, go ride, learn, and have fun. a being part of a click be part of a community instead.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #151
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
says a reformed Ride Smart instructor who did the same thing for months
Yep. And I quit doing it... I seen the light

I saw it from a "new guy" point of view - and it really looked bad. Hence I decided to do what I thought was right and respectfully pull out. I'd rather promote Track Days - not RideSmart or LSTD or TTD.

So that's what I do now... heck this past weekend I attend a Saturday (Ride Smart) day and Sunday (LSTD) day. Let me tell you - I had a blast!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #152
qwezy

Quote:
i can't say that you'll get 1 on 1 without paying more, but most all schools have a small ratio, whether 3:1, 5:1, etc for the novice group. The key to learning at a trackday is to speak up....find an instructor and start asking questions...seriously.
thanks Dbuck ! i look forward to track day when
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #153
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
I've ridden with all the orgs and worked with most of them as well. They all serve a purpose and help people become better riders. Unfortunately all of them seem to cause pointless drama. Just pick one, go ride, learn, and have fun. a being part of a click be part of a community instead.
and I fully agree with the concept that doing a track day 'could' make you a much better rider...

(my oppinion follows)

everyone appears arrogant once they have ridden a few track days... in all honesty, I don't care how fast I can ride through a curve or if I find the apex properly or if my head is in the right position...

it's just not for me I guess...

but I respect the skill... don't get me wrong
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #154
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Yep. And I quit doing it... I seen the light

I saw it from a "new guy" point of view - and it really looked bad. Hence I decided to do what I thought was right and respectfully pull out. I'd rather promote Track Days - not RideSmart or LSTD or TTD.

So that's what I do now... heck this past weekend I attend a Saturday (Ride Smart) day and Sunday (LSTD) day. Let me tell you - I had a blast!

I don't want kids either .... then I'd have to share my 50
Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #155
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
I don't want kids either .... then I'd have to share my 50
lmao i cant wait till my son turns 4...then he CAN have my 50....just an excuse to by myself a ttr 50..those bikes are way better then the honda
Old 06-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #156
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
and I fully agree with the concept that doing a track day 'could' make you a much better rider...

(my oppinion follows)

everyone appears arrogant once they have ridden a few track days... in all honesty, I don't care how fast I can ride through a curve or if I find the apex properly or if my head is in the right position...

it's just not for me I guess...

but I respect the skill... don't get me wrong
The big head is natural after a few days .....but once you get pinked by a really fast hit it goes away. Just the nature of tne beast.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #157
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
lmao i cant wait till my son turns 4...then he CAN have my 50....just an excuse to by myself a ttr 50..those bikes are way better then the honda
I love mine

is there a track we can race the 50's on?? like a go cart track? that would be pretty sweet...

think Houston Grand Prix on 59 would let us use their track...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #158
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

Quote:
I love mine

is there a track we can race the 50's on?? like a go cart track? that would be pretty sweet...

i rode tony's (house of pain) man it's smoother and brakes work 4x better im jealous.

and stock 50 races are awesome
Old 06-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #159
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Dang guys, this is the internet after all. If you're judging a group of folks based off a bbs then you're looking at the wrong reasons for going anyway.

Ask anyone who's done their first track day with any org- the folks you meet at the track are like no other group of folks. 99.9% of them take you in as family and will bend over backwards to help you out.

How many strangers that are stunters or folks at pp1 are going to offer to let you ride/ stunt their bike after you crashed yours? After ~25 years of doing this, I can tell you from personal experience it ain't any of those places, but it happens at the track all the time; I've seen it!

If you want to do a track day, pick one and go. Yeah, some of us have our loyalties; I also prefer a nice on a woman sooner than her It is what it is.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #160
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
I love mine

The Katy track...

Lets see if your stunters can actually make your fiddies turn as quick as you wheel

tmgps.8k.com

Advertisement