MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #61
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
nope, i got a DWI 10yrs ago that i plead out on...probabtion...etc...
i got another last year that i got dismissed...and i got my CHL this year.

If you get a DWI or any class B while you have a CHL, you will lose it and will not be eligible for 7 yrs to re-apply. 5 is the std and an extra 2 yr penalty for being a ball-sack and getting in trouble as a CHL member. totals 7 yrs.

if you dont have a CHL and get a DWI, then its 5 years before you can apply.

If you have a felong conviction for any thing (less a deferred adjudication) you will never be elgible for a CHL. Deferred adj cases... depending on the nature of the crime (listed in handbook) and has to be 10yrs prior to applying...(if i remember correctly)...

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DaveC caught in curb monkey action !!! lanzer913 Off Topic 11 09-06-2010 08:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #62
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
what?!?!?!?!?! he said he got a DUI a few years back. you can have multiple DUIs and still own guns. you just cant carry concealed. (unless something in TX is drastically different than other parts of the country)

I'd follow up on this. I could be wrong, I admit I'm no legal expert.
what i meant is that if you are a convicted felon you cannot own a firearm. soooory should of been a little more clear.
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #63
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

I'll shoot back when stealing your bike!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #64
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
I'll shoot back when stealing your bike!
LMAO....yup, you actually have a great point here... have to watch out for those thieves that work solo or in groups...they may be packing too...if you pull out a piece, you better use it or you never know which of them may use one on you... when you least expect it.... no warning shots allowed!

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #65
Bazzy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

One time i was sitting in my car behind my old job. My car had very dark window tint, somewhere around 5%. Me and my ex are watching this low life stroll through a parking lot checking out cars. He spots my car, and casually walks right up to it. Mind you, we are both sitting inside with the car off, snickering at this idiot. He walks up to the drivers side door, checks to see if it's locked. Once it's cracked open he swings it wide open and goes to sit down. I jump up and yell "WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING" and he just sorta froze for a second and said "Oh ... Oh, oh.. man i thought i saw someone trying to steal your car and i was making sure everything was ok." After he started to walk off i yelled i was going to cut his up to his neck next time i saw him in the parking lot and got back in my car.

Another time i was downtown at a club (only 18 or 19 at the time). I got dropped off by some nice people to my truck since i was a little.. dazed and lost. As i'm walking up to the door i notice my buddy already waiting inside my truck, and then think to myself "I didn't drive any friends up here tonight...?" I run up to the window and the guy inside is digging through all my , had his pockets full of change and cds. He flips out and can't find the door handle, i'm too drunk and nervous to find the key hole, so we're both screaming at each other trying to get the doors open. I finally get the key in, and it unlocks both doors, he takes off running. I chase him for a few blocks and slowly start to feel the night creeping up my throat. I turn around and get in my truck. I find the first cop i could and tell him to be on the lookout for the guy, then drove around the area for 30 or so minutes looking for my new friend. All in all, it was a very sobering event that would have ended alot sooner if i had a hand cannon.
Bazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #66
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
if you're carrying a gun, either on your person or in a saddlebag, tankbag or whatever, & you want to do it legally, then yes you need CHL.
ONLY if concealing it on your person do you need a chl, if in a tank bag/backpack etc its the same as carryin it in a car. You only need a chl when concealing on your person.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #67
MACK
I'm voice activated

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage