MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Neversatisfied02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Alright guys, Im looking for the best brand stuff and i need some input!!!

Hey guys,
Im looking into buying a few things for my Black 06 Kawasaki ZX6R 636. Im looking for general info as to which ones are good or which ones to stay away from. Im willing the spend the money for the better parts so let me know which ones yall would get...

Steering damper?

Exhaust (full or slip-on)?
Ive been looking at the acrapovic, yoshi, arata, two bros, micron, muzzy, m4 and leo vince. Which would perform the best and sound the best? I know the prices on these vary but im willing to spend the money to get the best one the first time. I want one that will look nice under the tail of my black bike so i will probably stay away from the polished look. They are nice but i think it will be a little too bling bling for the all black bike. Titanium or carbon fiber will most likely be what ill get.

Frame sliders?
I ordered the ones that dont require you to cut anything but have since then been told that the other ones are better. What brand are the good ones or will these work fine?

Air filter?
Ive heard the BMC is good but is it any better than the K&N?

I wanted to ask about these items since there are alot of options for these and i have no idea which ones are good or which ones to stay away from. As for the exhaust, i like it loud but toned loud. I dont really like when it just sounds like a hollowed out pipe and sounds like a tin can with marbles in it. I want something that will Have a nice aggressive tone to it and something that i will be able to hear when im riding but also perform well along with being durable to last a long time and keep a good finish.

So, what yall think?? Let me know guys! I appreciate the help in advance!! :notworthy

Last edited by Neversatisfied02; 03-14-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Input on some of the new layout stuff.... Mr. Unassailable Forum Updates & Feedback 10 08-18-2007 08:23 AM
alright im going back to the GYM AznGoneNuts Off Topic 25 04-02-2007 08:01 PM
alright guys, i need help NINEmmRegret General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 04-19-2006 10:09 PM
Alright guys... personal problem here... come help Neversatisfied02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 167 04-19-2006 07:58 AM
alright im serious. im done. bye hfa3g11 Off Topic 12 02-04-2006 09:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #2
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Steering damper? Scotts or GP

Exhaust (full or slip-on)? Full, might as well get the most out of your money. Go with Akrapovic

Frame sliders? Frame sliders ar only good for tip overs. Once the bike hits at speed, frame sliders have minimal crash benefits. With that said, either or will work for that. Wether it be cut or no cut.

Air filter? Either/or is good only because you can clean them. The performance gains are minimal at best.

However, you can get the most out of your bike by getting a rear shock like a Penske and having your front forks redone with some new valving and spings to match your weight. Also get some SS Brake Lines. You seem to be consumed with making the bike faster. You should have just bought a liter bike if you wanted faster.

Last edited by bdmpastx; 03-14-2006 at 12:06 PM.
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
zixx6r

I would advise against a K&N...actually hurts performance versus stock in many cases. Like said, it's only benefit is it is washable, but most OEM filters are washable as well so there is no real benefit. Stick with stock in thsi case.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

Steering damper: GPR (no drilling required)

Seriously, talk to Patrick as he is a walking encyclopedia IMO.

After getting my M4, Patrick advised against the BMC until I got a Power Commander to fatten up the mixture. He also has dyno graphs if I remember correctly.

Frame sliders: shogun

Do remember that everyone will have different opinions as to what works best, fitment, etc.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

Also, have M.U. set up your suspension. You will notice a night and day difference in handling. My end was a little squirrely before I had mine done.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #6
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

kawiforums.com

Go to this site and wear the search button out. All the research has been done for you, you just have to look for it. Arturo3rd is a mod over there and he has told you the same thing in another post. But to answer your question here goes......................

Steering Damper: GPR

Exhaust: Akrapovic Slip on - why not full system? The dyno won't be able to tell the diff. No large increase in power vs. money spent, but you do get poser points for having a full system.

Frame Sliders: Woodcraft - why? they are not hollow and the slider pucks are replaceable. In my opinion they just look better too.

Air filter: I'd say stay stock on this one. Choose the K&N or BMC but don't do it unless you have the PC and exhaust already.

Now if you really want the best bang for your buck. Add reflective rim tape and a fuzzy wrist band on your brake reservoir, it looks like a race bike and chicks dig it.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Lol. Thanks for the replies guys! Ill be sure to get the fuzzy wrist band and the tape for the rims. lol

So im guessing most people would say acrapovic is the best? Seems to be a steady reply. How loud is it though? Dont get me wrong, i want the performance for sure but i want to have a bike that i can hear when im riding. From what ive been told, the acro isnt much louder than stock. Is this true? Do any of the other pipes come close to being as good as the acrapovic?

Ill try the search as well. I just like the fact of making a new post on the top of the list so you can get the most current answers to the questions. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

As far as slip on's go, Akra, Leo Vince and M4 are all in the same category.
You won't see much benefit of a slip on vs a full system unless you are racing the bike. The full system will bias the power torwards the top end of the RPM range.
Lastly, surprisingly enough, out of the multiple pipes we've tested on multiple 636's, the M4 so far has given the best performance, and it's 25% cheaper than the others!

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Well thats surprising. JJo was telling me something like that when we were at one of the meets this past weekend. That very interesting! I didnt really get to hear how it sounded though. I just heard him roll in but i never really got to hear how it sounded on the high end.

Which out of those 3 would be the best to have if im looking for performance, loud exhaust but with the deeper and more aggressive tone than just the hollow tin can sound? I want something i can hear when riding and something that will make noise when i pass someone but i dont want it to be as loud as those nasty D&D pipes ive heard! YUCK!! Why not just gut your stock exhaust if its gonna sound like that? lol
Old 03-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

damper for the 05-06: Best over all : GPR
slip on exhaust: M4 or Two Brothers
full exhaust: Akra
sliders: Shogun or Vortex (cutting required)

here is a write up i did on the sliders. i can do it for you (free) if you dont feel confident to cut the fairing yourself.
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=27599

my friend javier crashed on the track and the sliders held up well.

they also have sound clips of the akra, M4, micron, two bros, yosh, and others on kawiforums.com if you do a search. all on the 05-06!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Sweet! Thanks for the help man! Im going to see if cyclegear will let me replace the non-cut sliders i ordered with the ones your suggesting. Ill probably have you cut my fairing if you really dont mind. It would be a mighty expensive fix if i messed up. Sinec you have done it before, id trust you to do it before trusting myself to cut on it. Thanks for the help man!!

Ill check out the sound clips as well!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #12
john @ks

Bike(s):
sv-1000, rd-400, gsx-r 750

Steering dampers- i would go with gpr or scotts

Exhaust (full system)- i would go with akrapovic b\c from what i have seen it make the most. only thing is that u have to remap the Fi withmost pipes but alot of times the akrapovic dosent make u have to. the last one i did made the most with the stock map and it made about 7.5 hp.

( slip-on)- i would go with the yosh b\c they last pretty long. also from what i have seen on the dyno it makes most the most hp. most of the time u dont have to remap at slip-on. the yosh tends to make around 4 to 5 hp.

Frame sliders- eaither vortex or lockhart & philips

Air filter- on that bike i tried both k&n and bmc. the k&n makes bout 1\2 to 1 hp. the bmc (race) makes 1 to 1 1\2 hp.
mon- sat
9am-7pm

gsxr-750 89"
sv-1000 05"
rd-400 79"
john @ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:51 AM   #13
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Alright, thanks for the info man!

I want the acrapovic because of the performance and craftsmanship but its so quiet compared to the rest. I just wish it was louder! :BangHead:
Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #14
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Alright, thanks for the info man!

I want the acrapovic because of the performance and craftsmanship but its so quiet compared to the rest. I just wish it was louder! :BangHead:
two bros. and micron sound good and they are popular pipes over at kawiforums.com
Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #15
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:29 AM   #16
schecterx

Bike(s):
k4gsxr750

Send a message via AIM to schecterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
i would think,the best 600 bike wouldn't need mods...just my two cents.
please tell me that sarcasm
schecterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-15-2006, 02:33 AM   #18
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

I do fell that it is the best 600 class bike in 2006. The honda 600rr doesnt even compare, the gsxr 600 isnt much ahead of the honda, the yamaha id say comes the closest to hanging with it and the 636 is sittin out in front. Yes it has the 36 extra cc's but its still sold as a 600 class bike and my insurance says its a 600 so out of the 600's, ive seen the 636's walk on all of them in person. It take a modded 599cc bike to hang near a stock 636. A modded 636 cant be touched by anything other than a 750 or larger from what i have seen. I even seen 750's get beat by them. Never personally saw one beat a 1000 but ive never seen a 636 and a 1000 race. I know in the 1000 class, the 10R takes the title there too!

No point in arguing, its just the facts.

BTW, im not tying to offend anyone. Im sure everyone has a bike they like and i understand that. Im glad you have your own taste. Performance wise, nothing can come close to what kawasaki is producing right now.

Regardless, i think we should plan a big cruise sometime soon so we can match faces to the screennames and spend some time getting to know the people we talk to on here.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:01 AM   #19
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-15-2006, 03:05 AM   #20
ownage
Banned

User is banned