MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
Should have told him to wait while you wife brings you a copy of you insurance card and then told him she was coming from the oposite side of town and would be there in 30 to an hour and I am sure he would have just let you go.
So did you get a speeding ticket too?
Yup too tickets. I'm not mad at the officer, he's just doing his job. I'm mad at myself for not noticing him until I was almost on him.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poodle attacks HPD officer Bevo Off Topic 122 06-12-2015 05:19 AM
Leonard Skinner dies eltejano Off Topic 15 09-21-2010 06:44 PM
hpd officer runs himself over craigntx Off Topic 22 07-16-2010 10:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #42
shanecrow99
punoɹƃɹǝpun xıs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
old skool
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
new skool
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

The officers first name wasn't - was it? LOL
Old 06-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #43
Malcolm
Just me

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 Honda CBR1000rr
'76 Honda CB750F
'72 Honda CB450F
'02 Kawasaki 650 Prairie

Let David Sprecher take care of your legal needs. For $100 he will probably get you out of it. Call him at 713.639.2600. He has taken care of my last 6 or 8.
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Um... actually the speed limit is the speed that you go when all conditions are perfect (as you described).
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #45
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
Plan ahead, or call ahead.

I know it isn't always that easy.... BUT it could be...
I agree.
They aren't that strict on me since I just make it up on the back end of the day.

But some people don't, can't or won't. or run into heavy traffic, etc. I was just giving a reason as why people would speed to work...

of course there is always just the thrill of going fast....

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #46
CalamariKid

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1, 1995 R1100GS, 2008 WR450F

FTP
CalamariKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #47
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

wah i was doing somethign illegal, the cops busted me on it. they suck, not me.
i hear this one all day

yeah, it sucks. either dont do it, or do it, get caught, and dont expect much sympathy. if i was a patrol cop, i would crack down on traffic law as well. we have about a 1 to 1 ratio on RIP threads per day.

we might as well sticky a dead or seriously injured rider thread. :(
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2002 Honda F4i (street/stunt)
2009 TTR50 (stunt/street-illegally)
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

so I'm confused...

this thread is directed at cops being ???

take responsibility for your actions... the speed limit is posted for a reason... you chose to break the speed limit regardless of what it was... so chose to accept the consequinces...

everyone speeds ( I get that )... but when everyone is driving and they look down at their speedo and it shows a number... you know that you are speeding; so if you don't let off the throttle, then you have made the choice to make someone else do their job...

it was your fault you got the ticket, not the officers... he would have never had a reason to pull you over if you weren't breaking the law... period

yes, some officers give you a 'grace' in speed... but not all, so I wouldn't judge my driving based on that

this type of "complaining" reminds me of the riders that go down cause they ride over their head.... then jump up and say "there was something in the road"

just man up and say I fked up... and either learn your lesson.. or stop complaining
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
If more people watched , the world would be a much more peaceful place!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #49
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
so I'm confused...

take responsibility for your actions... the speed limit is posted for a reason... you chose to break the speed limit regardless of what it was... so chose to accept the consequinces...

everyone speeds ( I get that )... but when everyone is driving and they look down at their speedo and it shows a number... you know that you are speeding; so if you don't let off the throttle, then you have made the choice to make someone else do their job...

it was your fault you got the ticket, not the officers... he would have never had a reason to pull you over if you weren't breaking the law... period

yes, some officers give you a 'grace' in speed... but not all, so I wouldn't judge my driving based on that

this type of "complaining" reminds me of the riders that go down cause they ride over their head.... then jump up and say "there was something in the road"

just man up and say I fked up... and either learn your lesson.. or stop complaining
The OP was just voicing frustration at himself (and posted a message declaring that) - others saw something else and started down a whole other path.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #50
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2002 Honda F4i (street/stunt)
2009 TTR50 (stunt/street-illegally)
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
The OP was just voicing frustration at himself (and posted a message declaring that) - others saw something else and started down a whole other path.
ok, maybe I misread the whole thread :thread:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
If more people watched , the world would be a much more peaceful place!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #51
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #52
landon05

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb656 View Post
+1 No insurance tickets are just a waste of time if you actually have a policy.

Its not a waste of time... Its the STATE LAW that if you pull soeone over with no insurance the officer SHALL (In legal terms that mean you better, you will, you must) issue a citation.... If not its the cops and im sure nobody here wants to loose their job for something that simple...
landon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #53
killabrew

Bike(s):
06 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
so I'm confused...

+1

its always the cops fault he caught someone breaking the law.. its always the cagers fault when theres an accident.. when i crashed my bike last year... i didnt blame the city for putting a stop sign on the street... i blamed my self for being stupid...
killabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #54

BTW, there are no such things as quotas. Believe me, if there were a quota, I'd be writing them all night. I write on average 2 tickets per month.. That's pushing it for me.

Tickets = court = overtime. That's pretty much it. You don't get paid extra PER ticket. Writing a ticket just gets you/us in court. So win/lose/rescheduled, we get $$$$$. Go ahead and spend your money on Sprecher or whoever you want. Doesn't make a difference as we get paid either way. Make a fool out of me on the stand. I don't care. You just helped me buy something for my bike,
1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #55
landon05

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
BTW, there are no such things as quotas. Believe me, if there were a quota, I'd be writing them all night. I write on average 2 tickets per month.. That's pushing it for me.

Tickets = court = overtime. That's pretty much it. You don't get paid extra PER ticket. Writing a ticket just gets you/us in court. So win/lose/rescheduled, we get $$$$$. Go ahead and spend your money on Sprecher or whoever you want. Doesn't make a difference as we get paid either way. Make a fool out of me on the stand. I don't care. You just helped me buy something for my bike,

What dept. you work for? Pm me if you like... Know any perm ej's?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by landon05 View Post
What dept. you work for? Pm me if you like... Know any perm ej's?
I'm with Houston. I don't know of any right now. I have one for myself on lock down.
1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #57
landon05

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
I'm with Houston. I don't know of any right now. I have one for myself on lock down.

Oh ok.. I came across a couple good fill ins this week that I hope I can get to be perm... Med center and directing traffic seem to be where its at

Advertisement