MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
facts dont lie.. im not picking a fight and he was basically the poster child for yamaha released the LE r1 in 2006. Im just saying a racer is a racer and why would yamaha pay somebody to come out and be a blocker.. you win 2 world championships to take a backseat to somebody else I would find that a little bit of disrespect ..
because they are already paying Rossi to win........so, pay someone a little less who knows how to ride better than 75% of the other guys on the grid to ensure that the guy you are dumping money to wins........
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colin Edwards is teach'n me... Jredford General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 03-12-2013 01:14 AM
Just got invite from Colin Edwards Jason_Canuck Off Topic 5 09-24-2010 12:16 AM
Ask Colin Edwards gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 07-09-2009 03:55 PM
Colin Edwards... DKinsey General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 12-03-2007 11:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #22
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrick21 View Post
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...edwards-tells/

I know its was a couple days ago, but I just ran across it and found it pretty interesting and funny.

good post
rock on Colin and lets turn some of those qualifying positions into race positions
IF he wins one this year the sound of celebration from his fans will register on the richter scale
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #23
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
the tech 3 bikes look so sick
yellowjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #24
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
100% agree.

And unlike Honda... Yamaha takes good care of its riders... Nobody in the Yamaha paddock will "kick Colin out" just to make room for the rookies.

Besides he's probably only got another 2 years left at max... same goes for Rossi... (who will probably end up in Ducati camp or F1).. So Spies will get his way with one of their spots (I hope)...
WRC I'm thinking!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #25
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
facts dont lie.. im not picking a fight and he was basically the poster child for yamaha released the LE r1 in 2006. Im just saying a racer is a racer and why would yamaha pay somebody to come out and be a blocker.. you win 2 world championships to take a backseat to somebody else I would find that a little bit of disrespect ..
you obviously don't understand the politics of racing. there's much more going on than just winning. there has always been an a rider and a b rider. there's not a rider in all of WSB that would turn down a factory ride in motoGP, regardless if they're being paid to win or block. the factories care about championships. the number of wins to get there comes second. colin had his job at the factory team, and he did it well. when the chance arose to be an a rider for a satellite team arose, he took it. then toseland tried to take it away. and now toseland can't do * in motoGP. if anyone needs to go back to WSB, it's toseland, not Colin. Colin is a fantastic rider, and an even better TEAM rider. he does the job asked of him, whether it be to win, or to block, or to finish, he always gives it his all. you can't knock him for that. this year he has been the most consistent top finisher out of all the non-factory teams (and much better than a lot of the factory riders).
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

tornado oklahoma 1999

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #27
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I think Colin is awesome, and a great person to boot, I,m not sure I could settle for a B guy if I had his talent, I would be thrilled o have a 1/4 of his talent, and he is still IN THE GAME and doing purdy good
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Edwards fielded some colorful questions about , his favorite starts, as well as some political topics like gay marriage, and gun control.

This is what I want to read about.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
Edwards fielded some colorful questions about , his favorite starts, as well as some political topics like gay marriage, and gun control.

This is what I want to read about.
fcukin werd
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
rc51eviltwin

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

still i dont understand why going to WSB would be a bad thing,or why some see it as a less than grwat place to race at...wouldnt it be great to have 2 Texans have the 1st and 2nd place in THAT championship........
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #31
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51eviltwin View Post
still i dont understand why going to WSB would be a bad thing,or why some see it as a less than grwat place to race at...wouldnt it be great to have 2 Texans have the 1st and 2nd place in THAT championship........
Collin would probably make more money with a Yamaha ride in WSBK, but he still feels like he has a run at GP. I think he does too. And, if he is able to make that run, he will make more money than WSBK.

Advertisement