MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Team W.A.R. (wyld azz ryderz)

Riders:
Dean Laden
Alonzo-aka Dr. Gonzo
House of Pain

Finshed 4th F6-our bike is an F7 We started in the last row of 52 teams.

I want to thank my teamates for their help and support throughout this grueling 8 hour race. We began the day knowing we were riding up a class and didnt not have the right gearing,and old hard tires. yes we were in for a long day. The day became even longer when someone t-boned alonzo going into Turn 4 on his first lap. Thankfully Alonzo was ok ( minus any bruises he is feeling and suffering from today-he will have to speak on that) and was able to finish the race. I admire him for continuing the day in a 100 plus heat. The track had to be around 115 or so. The bike lost a few parts and a few pounds and looked like it would make it the rest of the way. Later in the day I was on the bike heading for T6 and trying to keep pace with a bike in our class. Being under powered and not geared correctly, my only choice was be late on the brakes and throw it in. That worked fine until the brake fluid completely leaked out leaving me coming downhill into Turn 6 WFO. I tried to make the turn anyway and almost made it until my speed carried me to the outer edge of the track. When my back tire touched the grass I began to lose it. Thank it was a mini and I could sling it around. I yanked it straight up and down and took this dirtbike into the hills (off track ) I could not stop going downhill in 6 until i hit the fence out there at about 15 MPH Didn't know there was one. The vines caught my throat. Luckily, amazingly and masterfully I kept the bike on two wheels and still running. Again thank its a little bike, I was able to man handle it and get it out the weeds and keep running my stint with out having to re-tech. (The bars never hit the ground) IN fact, I was back on track before the corner worker could cross the track.

I did about 30 minutes with no brakes and dropped a couple little turdies in my pants in the process, I finally got tired of scaring the bejesus out of myself and came in to the pits. Tony had a kool-aid smile and said I will go ride it. He looked like a kid. I could see him sliding the rear in a few corners. Alonzo went out and did some amazing times on rear brakes also. I admire these guys talent. Spending an 8 hour day of racing with these guys will definately help me.

I also got to ride a NSR50 for the first time. It was a blast. I definately learned alot from that little thing. On one of those you have to be a smooth rider. It was fun passing big bikes in the corner even though as soon as they excellerated I was toast. LOL

A special thank to the following people:

Moe Agha-Black Widow
Linz-Racer 997
Tony-House of Pain
ALonzo-Dr. Gonzo
Team Ciznakel-sorry for the mis-spelling
Team Clutch-for the sprocket

And thank you fans of Motohouston for your support and motivation!

Last edited by THE DEAN OF LEAN; 06-15-2009 at 07:02 AM.
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP JAY J With 1 L.U.V. Ryderz - Funeral information and event information Prico787 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 11-10-2012 01:33 PM
RIP JAY J with 1L.U.V. Ryderz please see flyer for more information Prico787 Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-09-2012 08:11 AM
THE AZZ VIDEO!!! OutlawDCustoMs Off Topic 12 01-25-2006 04:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

You guys had a helluva day, for sure. Props to you guys for picking up the peices and soldiering on. The effort W.A.R. put in on Saturday is the epitome of endurance racing, especially during an 8-hour endurance race. You want a lot of points? Be there at the end of the day. You guys did that and more. Way to go!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Congrats on the 4th (in CMRA F6) & 3rd (in TMGP F6).

- Your team's "best laptime" was 2nd fastest from TMGP F6 teams. Not sure why you call it underpowered...
- KSDS took out Alonzo - it was 100% their rider's fault.
- The fastest laptime of the day (from F6/F7) was 8 seconds faster then your team on an identical built motor (106 wiseco kit) with a 200 lb rider. I think if you guys did'nt have the brake issues and had more seat time on "that" bike I know you guys would have easily put down the fastest laptime in F6 (TMGP F6s).

Its a good learning curve. Congrats!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

nice seeing you guys out there....

I got Zo with a bi-polar slap since they weren't there...I think Timmy would be proud.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Team W.A.R. (wyld azz ryderz) Love the name!

I told you it was going to be hot out there. It was hot Friday and the whole time I kept thinking that the whole weekend was going to be a roaster on that track.

Glad you guys did so well

I am proud of all three of you guys, plus all of the other guys who endured the heat...

MAD MAD PROPS TO YOU ALL!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
You guys had a helluva day, for sure. Props to you guys for picking up the peices and soldiering on. The effort W.A.R. put in on Saturday is the epitome of endurance racing, especially during an 8-hour endurance race. You want a lot of points? Be there at the end of the day. You guys did that and more. Way to go!
Congrats on your awesome riding and first overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Congrats on the 4th (in CMRA F6) & 3rd (in TMGP F6).

- Your team's "best laptime" was 2nd fastest from TMGP F6 teams. Not sure why you call it underpowered...
- KSDS took out Alonzo - it was 100% their rider's fault.
- The fastest laptime of the day (from F6/F7) was 8 seconds faster then your team on an identical built motor supposedly(106 wiseco kit) with a 200 lb rider. I think if you guys did'nt have the brake issues and had more seat time on "that" bike I know you guys would have easily put down the fastest laptime in F6 (TMGP F6s).

Its a good learning curve. Congrats!
our gearing was an issue. The bike was under powered. The F6 bikes were flying past us. Not just pulling but like we were standing still. If I am wide-open throttle no F6/F7 bike shold blow by me. I was playing with #74 the guy was wayyyyy heavier than me and I could only get him on the brakes. With out the brakes it was scary and not really fun. Tony and ALonzo rode more than I did without the brakes they will chijme in I am sure. But I had fun and can barely move today. It was worth it to me. And whoever took me out with 5 minutes left should be stoned to death. I stand by that.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
our gearing was an issue. The bike was under powered. The F6 bikes were flying past us. Not just pulling but like we were standing still. If I am wide-open throttle no F6/F7 bike shold blow by me. I was playing with #74 the guy was wayyyyy heavier than me and I could only get him on the brakes. With out the brakes it was scary and not really fun. Tony and ALonzo rode more than I did without the brakes they will chijme in I am sure. But I had fun and can barely move today. It was worth it to me. And whoever took me out with 5 minutes left should be stoned to death. I stand by that.
Yea, thats the bad part about racing...
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
Yea, thats the bad part about racing...
Seriously though! I know I was on a NSR50 which was slowest of all (unless you were R.PARKER who put in a 50 on his??? Can you say......) but I gave him the while track. He tried to take the 6 inches on the inside. He did apologize after, but still... Flame on if you like, but it's the passers responsiblility to make the clean pass, it's not like he couldn't have passed me ne where he liked. Just not in a 6 inch gap if he can't hold his line.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
Seriously though! I know I was on a NSR50 which was slowest of all (unless you were R.PARKER who put in a 50 on his??? Can you say......) but I gave him the while track. He tried to take the 6 inches on the inside. He did apologize after, but still... Flame on if you like, but it's the passers responsiblility to make the clean pass, it's not like he couldn't have passed me ne where he liked. Just not in a 6 inch gap if he can't hold his line.
still sucks though.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Good times indeed!!! Thank you for the invite Dean, I really enjoyed myself this weekend, forgot how much fun it was to ride minis...

Tony and I were able to fuse my spine back together with some superglue and my left check is being held on by some duct tape, other than that I'm doing well today...

Linz wasn't playing this weekend, that dude was rollin!!! I lost count of how many times he blew by me. Congrats on the first overall Linz, you guys owned it...

Thanks to Romeo, Hotnanas and Larry for the job well done pat on the ...

Huge thanks to the CMRA and TMGP folks for putting on this event, payouts were crazy. Those who finished on the box earned a paycheck this weekend...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
thanks to shogun motorsports and the CMRA for havin the event.

thanks to dean laden for letting me and alonzo ride with you. we had a great time. i had even more fun riding the last few hours with NO BRAKES hahaha.

i think a few cornerworkers were havin a good laugh as i was sliding the rear end through some of the corners yelling out "woooo hoooooo" or "yipppeeee".

and thanks to Ricky Parker, Linz, Dirk Anderson, Chris Romeo, and the countless others who rode by me and ridiculed me on the slow bike. hahahahaha

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
thanks to shogun motorsports and the CMRA for havin the event.

thanks to dean laden for letting me and alonzo ride with you. we had a great time. i had even more fun riding the last few hours with NO BRAKES hahaha.

i think a few cornerworkers were havin a good laugh as i was sliding the rear end through some of the corners yelling out "woooo hoooooo" or "yipppeeee".

and thanks to Ricky Parker, Linz, Dirk Anderson, Chris Romeo, and the countless others who rode by me and ridiculed me on the slow bike. hahahahaha
I actually have a picture of you coming out of T7 and you can see the smile on your face. The motor will have an upgrade for the next race

Advertisement