MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #41
Manny

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 yamaha r6s

Send a message via Yahoo to Manny
R.I.P
poor kids my prayers to the family
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very weird and horrible way to die for a young Austin woman. eltejano Off Topic 51 07-01-2011 07:42 PM
if i die young bunxx Off Topic 21 09-30-2010 03:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #42
BikerChick

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2001 Suzuki sv650

R.I.P.

My prayers are with the family and the children. It is so sad that they will never really know their parents. They were so young and it is so tragic.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #43
WILL & JEN

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow View Post
i fell bad for the kids 6 months and you take a long trip like that no good
i started to quote many of you who commented....many comments were not true. many comments were assumptions you made based perhaps on your own experiences of rides you went on. Perhaps you have at some point gone too fast because perhaps you felt pressure to keep up. there were several comments made by you riders that were not true at all of the circumstances of that particular ride and that day that couple or that road. I appreciate all who have said prayers for those effected by this tragedy. I only hope that those of you assuming and talking about something you dont know of please stop. please keep an open mind - not all rides are a race. not all rides are fast paced, not all rides push riders too far. not all groups pressure folks to ride in a way they aren't comfortable with. dont assume you know the experience level of this rider or anything else about them. please take all precautions you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others you ride with. limit the variables. stop assuming you know everything or anything about this. keep riding. ride safe.
WILL & JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #44
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Age 23, both parents on a bike, young kids at home.

If you are saying to yourself, "It could have been me and how would my kids be taken care of?", then go buy $500,000 of life insurance for you and your spouse. It'll cost you about $25 a month each. If you go early, like these young parents, your kids will benefit from your generosity and always know you cared about them.

I'm 38, carry $1.5 million in term life insurance, it costs me about $90 a month. I have peace of mind that if I die on a bike, or a heart attack, my wife get a half mil, my kids a half mil, my folks a half mil. I keep it spread and it goes into trusts so no one (boyfriend, scumbag, con artist) can get it out of my wife. The kids will have enough money to pay for all that life could ever throw at em until they support themselves, my parents get to pay off all their debts and live a good life, and my wife will be free and clear with plenty of money to not ever have to work again, unless she chooses to.

I sleep at night, very well thank you. It costs me each month, but it's worth the peace of mind. Do you?
i would look over your policy very very carefully because the majority of life insurance policies i have seen/heard of, do not cover death while doing dangerous activities, many include riding a motorcycle in their dangerous activities exclusions clause.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #45
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
i would look over your policy very very carefully because the majority of life insurance policies i have seen/heard of, do not cover death while doing dangerous activities, many include riding a motorcycle in their dangerous activities exclusions clause.
if it is not excluded specifically, then it is included. That is the general rule of thumb and the route any attorney would take again the carrier if a claim was denied.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement