Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #41
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









don't want to dtract from this, so created another thread in off topic for discussion of the accident.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austin area riders -- LIME CREEK police warning NitroHonda General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 05-15-2011 10:47 AM
The road to lime creek bttran Events, Meets and Rides 25 03-29-2011 11:57 AM
Shouldn't have...but did *Lime Creek Rd* thegeneric General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-10-2009 11:18 AM
lime creek(austin texas) Whorenet Events, Meets and Rides 11 11-26-2007 07:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #42
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Best wishes for the family and especially the children.

Assumptions were made based on the information provided. Unless the ride leaders wish to take the responsibility on their shoulders and speak about the situation from what they gathered, there's no reason to continue the debate.

Yes, everyone can learn something from accidents and folly of others but its not our turn until the family and close friends have found their closure.

Hiya Will and Jen
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #43
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,126

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Im wondering the relationship of the poster to the lost riders.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #44
FJRmgm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha, Arkansas USA Motorcycling Paradise
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,995

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R







Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL & JEN View Post
FJRmgm, you are not entitled to that information. Again, someone assuming they know the speed - you do not.

We do not know if this was rider error or if other health issues the rider had that caused this. That specific section of the road was flat and only a slight sweeping curve. The M.E. will be doing an autopsy and hopefully the family will share the results with us. The officers estimated his speed was 70mph, and again this part of the road was flat and basically straight.

I don't like the words you chose in your comment and question above. I probably should not even respond to you. I would hate that the last post about these two beautuful people be from you FJRmgm.

Again, i started to quote many of you who commented....many comments were not true. many comments were assumptions you made based perhaps on your own experiences of rides you went on. Perhaps you have at some point gone too fast because perhaps you felt pressure to keep up. there were several comments made by you riders that were not true at all of the circumstances of that particular ride and that day that couple or that road. I appreciate all who have said prayers for those effected by this tragedy. I only hope that those of you assuming and talking about something you dont know of please stop. please keep an open mind - not all rides are a race. not all rides are fast paced, not all rides push riders too far. not all groups pressure folks to ride in a way they aren't comfortable with. dont assume you know the experience level of this rider or anything else about them. please take all precautions you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others you ride with. limit the variables. stop assuming you know everything or anything about this. keep riding. ride safe.
you may be under the assumption that I don't care about these two people just because I don't know them personally. You are wrong.

I care about ALL my fellow motorcyclists and their families and friends.

And to the family and friends who may read this - I am very sorry for you loss.

I have been riding for over 40 years and have lost way to many to motorcycle related accidents. The older I get, the more determined I am to share information that will help less experienced riders learn and stay alive for a long time.

If discussing the details of an accident can help keep someone else from being killed while out riding then I believe it should be discussed - no matter how painful. We can and should learn from ours and others experiences.

As to what information I am "entitled" to - I'll decide that, not you.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #45
WILL & JEN
Member
 
WILL & JEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)







I guess you may not know what the word means. If you were entitled to facts and details about this accident, i would have provided that information to you. Entitled, you are not. I appreciated your post until that last sentance. I guess because you are typing to seemingly faceless persons, you don't chose to take the care you should in what you express. That's okay though, thankfully someone on this forum just told me about the ignore feature which i now intend to use.

enĚtiĚtle [ in tt'l, en tt'l ] (past and past participle enĚtiĚtled, present participle enĚtiĚtling, 3rd person present singular enĚtiĚtles)


transitive verb

Definition:

1. grant somebody right: to give somebody the right to have or to do something ( often passive )


2. give title to something: to assign a title to something such as a book ( usually passive )


3. award somebody honor: to confer an official position or honor on somebody that brings a particular title with it


[14th century. Via French< late Latin intitulare< Latin titulus "inscription"]
WILL & JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #46
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN
 
KEITH HUBBARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: houston \ flatonia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,489

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50






RIP to the riders , prayers out to the family & friends involved.
Stay safe everyone.
__________________
Some people call me the space cowboy ,some people call me the gangster of love ...... :nod
KEITH HUBBARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






fyi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Yup, it was less than a mile from my house.... it was too fast into a corner and looked like the yellow line was ignored. It was up by the quarry, not in the actual twisties. It seems as though they just didn't expect what they found - a turn.

It sucks.

But, it happens EVERY R.O.T. weekend - sportbike, cruiser, scooter, doesn't matter - they come into town and ride roads that [whether they CAN turn or not] they don't know. And, someone pays the ultimate price.

It is really sad for those involved. I'm not surprised. I was just surprised WHERE it happened on that road, I've peeled many a rider off that pavement....
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #48
dhdrider
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,719


Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
fyi:
This is from a friend of mine here in Austin who lives near the site as well, a day after the accident:
Quote:
We just walked the accident site. We do this to try to understand what happened, so that maybe we can learn something that may save us or one of you in the future. It also gives us the opportunity to pay our repects to the fallen riders. It was a newer body GSXR1000 blue-white w/ a Houston GIXXERS sticker on the tail. They had just started on Limecreek heading south & were only down a few sweeping corners when it happened. It appears they were really hauling a$$, there is paint starting in the oncoming lane POI (Point Of Impact) & 3-4 scratches in the road where the bike slid. Looks like he hit the brakes, low sided, then they went off about a 5' drop, sliding & tumbling across about 25'-30' of grass & into a 3' high wall of large boulders. There is a blue paint impact mark on the rock face & then the bike flipped over & went through a wooden fence. There is a wooden cross in front of a rock on the right of the bike marks, & another laying on the rock to the right. There are pieces of a pink ICON helmet & we found both clear face shields (unscratched) in the grass. There are pieces of fairing, slider, etc. all over around the area. I looked over the boulders & the complete airbox & headlight assembly are both still there behind the rocks. Yellow plastic still there.
__________________
- Jason

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #49
texasyankee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 370

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)








Will & Jen,

This insult is deliberate. You have no right to tell people what they are entitled to. Your attitude is beneath contempt. You write that people are wrong in their assumptions. Don't say they are wrong, state clearly what the facts are.

Sam Sullivan
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #50
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







I am not trying to insult Will and Jen, myself. Its I assume you knew the riders, were close, maybe were riding with them or something to the extent. I am sorry for your loss if that is the case but that is no excuse to come on here and try to regulate and tell everyone that we are not allowed to discuss and try to find out what happened here.

You know, I am VERY familiar with Lime Creek Road and have ridden it more times through the years than I can remember but a lot of people that visit Austin are not familiar at all.

Maybe someone would have read the details of how this all unfolded and made it a point to be careful on that VERY unassuming portion of the road that has claimed 3 lives in the last few years. Of all the curves and elevation changes, the most nondescript portion of the road has seen 3 deaths, imagine that. And maybe its because the deceased all failed to appreciate the danger on that portion of road, to no real fault of their own, they just didnt know to be careful there.

Instead of being so upset that we are trying to figure out what happened, share what you know, someone that will ride that road might just read it and know not to take that piece of road for granted.

Thats one of the main reasons we discuss these things on here in detail, to learn and be safer.

Nothing can bring our departed back but the lessons they teach us may save someone else's life.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #51
WILL & JEN
Member
 
WILL & JEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)







The bike wasn't yellow (per above, "yellow plastics...").
There was no drop off on the side of the road they were on (per above - that is also wrong).
Just because someone lives a mile from an accident scene doesn't mean that know anything about what happened.
This was not the couple's first pass on this road that morning either so they did in fact know, "what was coming".
All the assumptions and false statements that people are trying to pass off as facts boggles me.
It disturbs me how you are pushing so hard for info on this accident. It seems like nothing more than morbid curiosity. They way you are DEMANDING and insulting those close to this couple makes me say this.
On the HG site is a very long post with every single detail of what is known about this accident (private site so don't bother trying to get onto it). The only thing not known yet is if a pre-existing health condition caused or contributed to the accident.

On one hand, I would like to share all details of this accident so you will all hopefully see that the news had many many incorrect statements about this accident. It would be nice to think that detailing it for you might help someone.

I cannot however bring myself to do so because the tone of your demands for details doesn't seem to be coming from a place of concern or even willingness to learn. The ignotant way you continue quoting false info and assumptions and pass them off as facts tells me that you have already determinied in your minds what happened that morning. It wouldn't matter what I told you about specifically what - you would only believe whatever you chose to - regardless of the facts.

I will not be logging in again so say whatever disrespectful and incorrect things you are going to say. I caution you not to believe everything people tell you or that you see in the news - in this case there is just one incorrect statement after the next. I just wish for your sakes you would not continue saying things about this that you do not know are true. It's my belief that in doing so you are asking for bad things to happen to you or someone you love - it's just bad kharma. Goodbye and I wish you all nothing but safe happy rides!
WILL & JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #52
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers
 
Pachuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston (Proper)
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,823

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
__________________
Stuntin like Jet Li, boat houses and jet ski's
Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #53
1fastchevy
Bout Time
 
1fastchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,059

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
750









I think it was alreaady said but bad things happen to good people all the time, we dont have the answers and can only help the family cope with this terrible accident. please post up any information that may be helpful for them, 1FC
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #54
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL & JEN View Post
I caution you not to believe everything people tell you or that you see in the news -!
does this apply to you and your comments as well?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #55
OMEGA
good eenin *****es
 
OMEGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: se houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 7,971

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL & JEN View Post
I guess you may not know what the word means. If you were entitled to facts and details about this accident, i would have provided that information to you. Entitled, you are not. I appreciated your post until that last sentance. I guess because you are typing to seemingly faceless persons, you don't chose to take the care you should in what you express. That's okay though, thankfully someone on this forum just told me about the ignore feature which i now intend to use.

enĚtiĚtle [ in tt'l, en tt'l ] (past and past participle enĚtiĚtled, present participle enĚtiĚtling, 3rd person present singular enĚtiĚtles)


transitive verb

Definition:

1. grant somebody right: to give somebody the right to have or to do something ( often passive )


2. give title to something: to assign a title to something such as a book ( usually passive )


3. award somebody honor: to confer an official position or honor on somebody that brings a particular title with it


[14th century. Via French< late Latin intitulare< Latin titulus "inscription"]
why dont you stop dickin around and tell people what may of been the cause, so that maybe others can learn and maybe surivive if they ever came across the same situation, sorry if you knew them but this isnt the first rider down we haveever seen, alot of us on here have seen people go down and die before our own eyes. and we take those lessons and learn from them
__________________
GU flag
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #56
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Having been on a ride, with only 5 people, and someone lost their life...I will say that unless you are directly behind the person, you won't ever know what really happened. You won't know any more than they ran off, lowsided, high sided, etc. In death, there will always be some mystery.

So for anyone, and I mean anyone, save the person directly behind them, to claim they know what happened is arrogant and probably false.

I doubt Will and Jenn even know exactlř what happened.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #57
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Bottom line, with the exception of blacking out, the couple carried too much speed for their skill set.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #58
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"
 
Longstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 574


Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD




Member Garage





Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
I've seen Cdill whoooop Chuck Norris, just so ya'll know!
__________________


- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #59
dhdrider
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,719


Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W









Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL & JEN View Post
The bike wasn't yellow (per above, "yellow plastics...").
There was no drop off on the side of the road they were on (per above - that is also wrong).
Just because someone lives a mile from an accident scene doesn't mean that know anything about what happened.
I am not trying to be argumentative, but the person I am quoting, came upon the accident scene in progress the day it happened. They went back the following day to walk the scene. I am quite certain they are accurate in its description. He refers to yellow plastic, not "yellow pastics." Could be from any number of things (road pucks, gear, plastic w/ yellow paint from the road etc.) The fact that he refers to a piece of the bike w/ the Houston Gixxers sticker on it tells me they were in the exact spot.

That is all. May they rest in peace, and well wishes and future happiness to the children..
__________________
- Jason

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #60
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
On the HG site is a very long post with every single detail of what is known about this accident (private site so don't bother trying to get onto it).
OK, so whats your fvcking point, then? What does this comment accomplish??

Quote:
On one hand, I would like to share all details of this accident so you will all hopefully see that the news had many many incorrect statements about this accident.
But I am sure you are one of the "chosen ones" that knows and you are one of the keepers of the truth that must secretly be guarded at all cost while dangling it in front of people's noses.

Quote:
It's my belief that in doing so you are asking for bad things to happen to you or someone you love - it's just bad kharma. Goodbye and I wish you all nothing but safe happy rides![
I dont believe that you wish anyone a safe and happy ride at all.

All you had to do when you saw the thread about people discussing this horrible incident that people ARE gonna talk about because it IS a pretty big fvcking deal, was to just keep on cruising and not post because in the end and after all your writing, you ended up contributing ZERO point ZERO to this matter. Go waste time elsewhere, please.

Instead of helping and trying to inform so maybe then next poor sucker doesnt end up dead in what is turning out t be a deadly stretch of that road, all you did was spew a bunch of holier than thou . And I find that personally insulting.

Please, go back to HG and dont come back, PLEASE.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy