MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

RIP
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austin area riders -- LIME CREEK police warning NitroHonda General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 05-15-2011 10:47 AM
The road to lime creek bttran Events, Meets and Rides 25 03-29-2011 11:57 AM
Shouldn't have...but did *Lime Creek Rd* thegeneric General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-10-2009 11:18 AM
lime creek(austin texas) Whorenet Events, Meets and Rides 11 11-26-2007 07:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme2move View Post
RIP, It's always so sad when little ones lose both parents... no matter how it happens.
+1 thats very sad
Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #23
VenaSera
I pwn!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Member Garage

Sorry to hear that. My cousin and I were just out there Saturday mid-day running a fast pace. Definitely not for beginners and even more so 2-up.
VenaSera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #24
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

That is very very sad...those children will now have to grow up never knowing their parents...RIP
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #25
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Dang, R.I.P.
Lot's of accidents, and it's never going to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom96 View Post
Lime Creek is a blast on a tard.
^On the other hand, ain't that the truth.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #26
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

rip.......
Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #27
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

news this morning said they were the last ones in the group ride when he lost control on a curve.

Probably trying to keep up at a pace he was not yet ready to ride since he was a relative newbie.

From the picture of the bike on the trailer - that bike was TORN UP and trashed.

RIP to both and so sad for a one y.o. and three y.o. to lose both of their parents.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #28
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
Probably trying to keep up at a pace he was not yet ready to ride since he was a relative newbie.
Thats why I quit doing group rides over a year ago. WILL NOT do them. You always got someone that tries to keep up with the faster riders and crashes. It got to the point, summer before last, that someone crashed almost every single weekend that we would go riding.

I always try to tell people that are not familiar with Lime Creek Road to slow the down and 9 times out of ten, testosterone takes over and they dont listen.

So was this couple riding along with a bunch of other Houston Gixxer people?
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #29
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Very sad to hear. I saw the other thread, but did not realize it was Lime Creek Rd.

Lime Creek Rd is a very fun road, but with limited experience or riding above your skill set, it VERY dangerous. Lime Creek Rd is one of the best roads I have ridden on to this date, but can easily see how someone can get hurt on that road.

Its very sad that 2 kids will have to grow up now without their parents. I have a 7 year old son and a 2 year old daughter and I just couldn't imagine them growing up with out me or their mom. It makes me really sad reading things like that.

RIP to both them.

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #31
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

They rode down Limecreek as a group and decided to retrace since it was such a fun road. Thats when the accident happened. RIP to the riders and best wishes for the families
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #32
BoostJunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Here in Austin for the ROT rally no doubt...

UPDATE: 2 killed in Leander morning accident
By Joshunda Sanders | Saturday, June 13, 2009, 12:13 PM

Two people were killed when their motorcycle swerved out of control near Leander motorcycle accident around 8:10 a.m. Saturday, according to Department of Public Safety officials.

Eric Kaufman, 23, of Cypress, and Rosse Torres, 23, of Cypress, were killed when Kaufman, who was driving, failed to slow down in a sharp curve on the 11700 block of Lime Creek Road. The motorcyle went into a side skid and then rolled. Both Kaufman and Torres were wearing helmets.

RIP Eric and Rosse.
RIP they were young, so sad...

btw nice avatar, Big libousky
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
WILL & JEN

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
news this morning said they were the last ones in the group ride when he lost control on a curve.

From the picture of the bike on the trailer - that bike was TORN UP and trashed.

RIP to both and so sad for a one y.o. and three y.o. to lose both of their parents.
i started to quote many of you who commented....many comments were not true. many comments were assumptions you made based perhaps on your own experiences of rides you went on. Perhaps you have at some point gone too fast because perhaps you felt pressure to keep up. there were several comments made by you riders that were not true at all of the circumstances of that particular ride and that day that couple or that road. I appreciate all who have said prayers for those effected by this tragedy. I only hope that those of you assuming and talking about something you dont know of please stop. please keep an open mind - not all rides are a race. not all rides are fast paced, not all rides push riders too far. not all groups pressure folks to ride in a way they aren't comfortable with. dont assume you know the experience level of this rider or anything else about them. please take all precautions you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others you ride with. limit the variables. stop assuming you know everything or anything about this. keep riding. ride safe.
WILL & JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #34
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

rip, sad when children are involved.
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #35
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Will & Jen... I'm curious. What happened for the operator to lose control?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #36
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL & JEN View Post
i started to quote many of you who commented....many comments were not true. many comments were assumptions you made based perhaps on your own experiences of rides you went on. Perhaps you have at some point gone too fast because perhaps you felt pressure to keep up. there were several comments made by you riders that were not true at all of the circumstances of that particular ride and that day that couple or that road. I appreciate all who have said prayers for those effected by this tragedy. I only hope that those of you assuming and talking about something you dont know of please stop. please keep an open mind - not all rides are a race. not all rides are fast paced, not all rides push riders too far. not all groups pressure folks to ride in a way they aren't comfortable with. dont assume you know the experience level of this rider or anything else about them. please take all precautions you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others you ride with. limit the variables. stop assuming you know everything or anything about this. keep riding. ride safe.
Agreed sometimes stuff just happens, It can happen to relatively new riders as well as very experienced, when our number is pulled its just time, very sad indeed, hopefully the children will have family, grandparents or someone who will step up and take care of them, No one ever leaves the house with the intentions of killing themself and there wife at the same time and leave there children without parents, Its just a very sad situation, prayers to the family and esp. the children
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
WILL & JEN

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)

thank you DaveC and Flyin'Duc....much appreciated.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #38
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

as a parent I am very sorry to hear about this but I strongly disagree with the comment that "sometimes stuff just happens".

There was a cause and effect here and many can/should learn from it.

That bike was involved in a high speed get-off from the looks of the damage.

If you were there, please enlighten us as to why this happened so we can all learn.

Usually when someone who was at the scene won't say what happened it involves rider error - was that the case here?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #39
WILL & JEN

Bike(s):
'06 gsxr 1k (mine)
'01 gsxr 750 (track)
'06 gsxr 1k (the wife's)

FJRmgm, you are not entitled to that information. Again, someone assuming they know the speed - you do not.

We do not know if this was rider error or if other health issues the rider had that caused this. That specific section of the road was flat and only a slight sweeping curve. The M.E. will be doing an autopsy and hopefully the family will share the results with us. The officers estimated his speed was 70mph, and again this part of the road was flat and basically straight.

I don't like the words you chose in your comment and question above. I probably should not even respond to you. I would hate that the last post about these two beautuful people be from you FJRmgm.

Again, i started to quote many of you who commented....many comments were not true. many comments were assumptions you made based perhaps on your own experiences of rides you went on. Perhaps you have at some point gone too fast because perhaps you felt pressure to keep up. there were several comments made by you riders that were not true at all of the circumstances of that particular ride and that day that couple or that road. I appreciate all who have said prayers for those effected by this tragedy. I only hope that those of you assuming and talking about something you dont know of please stop. please keep an open mind - not all rides are a race. not all rides are fast paced, not all rides push riders too far. not all groups pressure folks to ride in a way they aren't comfortable with. dont assume you know the experience level of this rider or anything else about them. please take all precautions you can to ensure your safety and the safety of others you ride with. limit the variables. stop assuming you know everything or anything about this. keep riding. ride safe.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #40
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I agree there is often cause and effect, but also sometimes bad stuff happens to good people and vice versa, Unfortunately whats done is done and we cant bring these couple back and I feel this is not the time place to make family/friends of the deceased feel even worse than they already do, so I will keep them in my prayers and let it go, sorry for yalls loss
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement