MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #41
jdm_phunk
RideTillDeathDoUsPart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
50cC pocKet rocKet
95 Toyota Supra TT
95 ciVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb0314 View Post
... as some of you know, my 650R is my main form of transportation because i don't own a car (even thou I use my parents cars when I'm at home....)

I have been riding for about a year now and seen couple people go down in front of me. and have read/heard a lot about people going down and being hurt/passing. I am the only child and my parents care about me a lot. I've been thinking that if i go down and get hurt or worse, my parents (specially my mom) wouldn't be able to live with it. After seeing all these threads about people going down and stuff, I've been thinking a lot about selling my bike and getting a car till i finish up school. And then getting another bike when I have money and a job, because right now I'm supposed to be concentrating on school.

I hate thinking about selling my bike because I love it! Its an amazing feeling every time I ride. But the though of my parents worrying about me, everytime i go ride and just thinking about how hurt/sad my parents/loved ones would be if anything happens. I can deal with the pain of injuries but cant deal with hurting my parents.

all that being said, I think I'm gonna put my bike up for sale and seeing what happens from there. I do plan on getting anther bike, but probably later on in life.

I know i rambled on and on, but i've just been thinking a lot... anyone else ever feel like this?

Yep im sure many have felt like this, as I have. Mainly because of many other problems in my life that I cant fix family wise and others. I ride to get out n get away from. Which I turn to the bike ride and ride and ride have fun, but im a night rider like many said (("houston highways are dangerous")) +1 yes they are. But its your own decision. Maybe others thoughts & inputs, will help you decide. if i were you DONT sell the bike!!

This IS the biKe racK. . . RighT??
jdm_phunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
considering sell my bike albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-05-2015 12:04 AM
Considering sell my bike. v4lu3s General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-08-2013 04:05 PM
That feeling you get when your bike rides off. Senator General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-12-2010 07:02 PM
Bike not feeling right 03 - 636 50fool How To's and Q & A's 2 11-19-2007 10:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #42
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

If i love something I do not put it out of my life. I love riding, and love my bike. I have see many accidents on bikes and will see many more. I have been in the ER working then guys came in from bike crashes. That is why I try not to be stupid, I stay alert, and I wear plenty of gear.

I won't quit unless i lose a limb or two...to me my love of the ride is worth a lot more than the risk.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #43
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb0314 View Post
... as some of you know, my 650R is my main form of transportation because i don't own a car (even thou I use my parents cars when I'm at home....)

I have been riding for about a year now and seen couple people go down in front of me. and have read/heard a lot about people going down and being hurt/passing. I am the only child and my parents care about me a lot. I've been thinking that if i go down and get hurt or worse, my parents (specially my mom) wouldn't be able to live with it. After seeing all these threads about people going down and stuff, I've been thinking a lot about selling my bike and getting a car till i finish up school. And then getting another bike when I have money and a job, because right now I'm supposed to be concentrating on school.

I hate thinking about selling my bike because I love it! Its an amazing feeling every time I ride. But the though of my parents worrying about me, everytime i go ride and just thinking about how hurt/sad my parents/loved ones would be if anything happens. I can deal with the pain of injuries but cant deal with hurting my parents.

all that being said, I think I'm gonna put my bike up for sale and seeing what happens from there. I do plan on getting anther bike, but probably later on in life.

I know i rambled on and on, but i've just been thinking a lot... anyone else ever feel like this?
Yes
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Yes
Liar.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #45
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

yeah, i have half assedly tried to sell my sv a few times. i know it would be safest if i did, and better financially, but i just cant bring myself to go through with it
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #46
superduke
Dont be That Guy.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
00 XR400R
Black 08 Speed Triple (sold)
05 R1 (sold)
05 R6 (sold
85 VF1000R (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to superduke
My folks griped at me when I bought the 85 vfr when I hit 19, they griped when I sold it and bought the 05 r6. I griped at them for griping at me when they bought a vtx1300. Life is short man, do what you love to do. You take chances with your life when you might not even realize it. With that being said, I do understand why you are selling it. Im currently expecting a little one in December, so yes I have thought about it as I'm sure multiple people on here have for the same reason. But the fact is, I could sell my bike and the very next day get hit by a drunk on my way home from work, or wake up one morning with a terminal illness. So I just keep riding because it means that much to me. But when I think about doing something silly on the street or entering a blind twisty a little to hot, I think of that little one and it keeps me in check. Whatever you decide, do it on your own terms, not someone elses.
superduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #47
spyderryder
Paid Poser

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold

Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
I am sure everyone has been there a time or two trying to decide whether or not to sell or keep...I know I have several times. I sold my gsxr6 while trying to focus and finish school. And sold my r6 to come up with a down payment for my house. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices but it will all come out good in the end! I now get paid to ride!!

As far as your mom worrying about you, I don't blame her. Most of the time it isn't us (the riders) at fault. It's people who don't pay attention, like the lady who thinks it is cute painting her nails while driving, or the teenager who is texting a significant other instead of watching the road...My first and only accident (so far, knock on wood) was when I was rear ended by some drunken idiot. (+1 to Houston streets not being safe!!!).

If you keep your bike, awesome! If you sell it, remember there will be another one someday! Good Luck with your decision.
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #48
Bomb0314

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SOLD all of them :(

thanks everyone for the support... a car is more practical in life for me right now. wish i had a job so i can afford a car and bike . but for now im gonna sell the bike and get a car, then maybe i can even find a older bike for cheap and ride that.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #49
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

GL with the sale man
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #50
FourFiftyFour
I'm not even mad!

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
none currently

I understand how it feels with the parents worrying. I walked into the parents house last night and said hey to them when they were watching tv and instead of saying much my mom told me how someone she knew their son was in a coma and had an amputated arm from a motorcycle wreck. I was like gee thanks mom for the wonderful greeting while I am walking in with my gear on and my helmet under my arm.
Good luck with the sale and hopefully you can get another bike someday soon.
FourFiftyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #51
motomax629
Retired Baller

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Gixxer 1000 (track)
07 Gixxer 600 (track)
Fiddy w88 kit
WR426 TARD
74 H-D Superglide Shovelhead

Whew I can go on for hours ... cause and effect etc..
Having been there done that.
I think one of my biggest personal regrets is quitting racing when I got married.(nationals are expensive!!!)
I miss every waking moment, and that was 10 years ago.
I sold my bikes to get a house then finally got money again bought more bikes, then sold the bikes when Jr. decided to enter the world.
I even bought and built another race bike then sold it because I couldn't make life, work, finances come together as planned.
Granted I have street bikes and a dirt bike NOW, but it took time and patience.
My suggestion would be (if it comes down to it) sell the bike, buy a little ext cab truck so when the time is right buy a bike that you can street and track!
Granted i'm only 34 but racing seem's like it was a million years ago.
On the flip side of the coin, don't give up what truly makes YOU happy!

Good luck on your decision!

Max
Old 06-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #52
peruvian

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki gsx-r600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to peruvian
ehh i feel ya man. i got my bike june 2 right before my birthday (june 22) last year when i was only 16. i dont have a car my parents always told me to get a car first instead of a bike cause its safer and more convenient but i said no cause owning a bike was my dream since i was really young. (im talkin about 5 or 6 yrs old) its kinda hard sometimes when all u got is a bike but for me its worth it. i love my bike. love riding. i know i ride it all day everyday and most of my friends always tell me arent u tired of riding dat thing everyday? im not gonna lie sometimes i wish i had a car but still have the bike. so ive been workin my off saving money and now in about a month im gonna get my car so ima have the car and my bike which is gonna be badass. i wouldnt sell it cause i know i will regret it and i just love my bertha to much to sell her!
GL man
Vortex Frame Sliders,Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen.
peruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #53
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
I tend to choose who I ride with a bit better.
No you don't...you ride with me

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #54
Unicron

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
CBR RR 600

The s2000 is one of the most fun cars i have owned...and driven. you can get a used one for pretty cheap now. I recommend looking for a 2001 and up.
Fyi; I have to warn you that the s2000's differential is a weak point, so don't plan on dumping the clutch at stop lights...heh.

I go through phases as far as mc's go.
I feel like selling it when the summer heat is full on...but love it during the spring/fall.
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #55
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

^Love your Screename!

498px unicron dkug