MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #21
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

you'll never break it in sittin in the back of the truck. lets see some pics of it out of the truck.. looks sweet though
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remember the Trizinger that was for sale a couple weeks ago? TREE Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 11 04-26-2013 08:29 AM
Going to jail for a couple hundred dollars - overdue bill many years ago! Petro Off Topic 171 04-28-2012 08:42 AM
Quick vid i threw together a few days ago BuffaloRider13 Stunters Lounge 7 06-28-2011 09:10 PM
just got this a few days ago Fight The Chaos General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-26-2007 10:08 AM
Fallen Rider a few days ago wiz General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 02-01-2007 09:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #22
Btrthnezr3
It means Better Than Ezra

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Btrthnezr3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
you'll never break it in sittin in the back of the truck. lets see some pics of it out of the truck.. looks sweet though
He was just trying to show off how well he matched.
Nah but for real...lets see some pics of that thing on the ground...I'm so jealous :notworthy
Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #23
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
He was just trying to show off how well he matched.
Nah but for real...lets see some pics of that thing on the ground...I'm so jealous :notworthy
screw that i want to see some high chair stoppies and 12 o clocks lol

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #24
Red

Member Garage

Nice! Real nice!!!!
I would be riding the same bike right now if I could have got a dealer to take me serious when I walked in and wanted to pay cash for the same exact bike. They seemed less than interested so I took my money else were. Ended up with a solid black R1 instead. Funny how serious they looked when I went back to order look for parts for the new bike they didn't sale me.
Have fun with the new bike maybe we see each other.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #25
ptd
π

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6
We ran it like crazy today up to leakey, and got her pegged out at 185mph comin back thru Bandera.

I think you need a speedo healer.

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:46 AM   #26
Neversatisfied02

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Nate, no problem on the pick up buddy. I just cant believe you were stuntin that thing all night and then when its time to chill out and head home, your chain snaps. Things happen at the strangest times. lol Seriously though, it was no big deal. I was gonna take my truck cause its shorter than russels but he wanted to take his. lol

05cbreezy636: Thanks man! Im gald im in on the family too! I know alot of people love the GSXR's but i had one and didnt like it as much as the 636 i have now. Even though i cant ride it all out yet, it can still tell it has much more potential than that GSXR 600 i had.

Sc0: Thanks for the info man. I think that alot of the stuff i just ordered. I cant remember if the flush mounts are clear alternatives or not and im not sure what the woodcraft design sliders look like but the ones i ordered are the good ones from what cycle gear told me. They are solid black and i know they are the ones that wont require me to cut anything.

Manson6: Yea man, im going to wait till 1500 or so to swap to synthetic. Ive heard alot of people say that is best.

CarbonR1: HAHA! Yea well it was just the first day i got home with it so i snapped a few quick shots. Ill post some pics soon now that i have removed the stickers and added the dark windscreen and the fender eliminator. It looks really nice now. I cant wait to get the rest of my stuff in!!

btrthnezr3: Yea man, i love that both my truck and bike match. I cant wait till we do an out of town cruise and i can pull the trailer with my bike in the bed and all my buddies bikes on my trailer! I actually wanna plan a trip sometime soon.

Thanks for all the help guys!! You guys rock! This site is the shiznit!!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #27
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02

Sc0: Thanks for the info man. I think that alot of the stuff i just ordered. I cant remember if the flush mounts are clear alternatives or not and im not sure what the woodcraft design sliders look like but the ones i ordered are the good ones from what cycle gear told me. They are solid black and i know they are the ones that wont require me to cut anything.

i have news for you, those arent the good ones :laughing6
Old 03-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #28
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
WTF eveyone has a 636...

I bought mine...
Kyle bought a solid black...
Daivid is picking his blue one up tomorrow...
Who else is next???
I think Dylan is lol...

BTW congrats on the purchase!

Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #29
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Congrats on the new bike!
The non-cut sliders on the 636 don't work that well.
A good performace set up would be an Akra / M4 / Leo Vince slip on, PCIII USB, a BMC air filter and -1 on the c/s sprocket.

Lot's of black ones being sold right now, set up the suspension on 3 of them this weekend.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #30
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #31
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Ownage: I said i like this bike better just from what i have seen so far. The feel of it feels better to me. No it is not broke in yet but you can tell a little just from riding it thats its seems to have a little more punch than the gsxr 600 that i had did. I will find out for sure as soon as it is broke in. As far as the break in process, do you think it would be ok to just ride it to 400 miles or so easy like i have been and change the oil and then start getting on it but not red lineing it and then change the oil again at 600 and ride it like a stole it from there. Im sure it cant be bad how im riding it right now since thats what the dealer suggests. I dont normally stay at 1 rpm for too long as it is. Around town its stop and go traffic and when we cruise, its been to downtown and back and stuff like that but i normally move my rpms around from 4,000 to 5,000 to 4,500 to 5,500 etc so its not just stuck to one steady pace. On the highway, i move around my speed from 45 mph to 65 or so. I touched 70 a couple time which is right around 6,000 but mostly just to pass someone or something like that. Didnt keep it there for too long. Cant move it around too much yet though since im supposed to stay around 4,000.

Arturo3rd: If they arent that good, ill just order the other ones instead. Which ones are best?

Sexual chocolate: Thanks man. Yea, the black ones are selling really well right now. I had to drive to Tomball to pick mine up as everywhere local to me was sold out and they were back ordered until July. I didnt want to wait so i found a shop that had one in stock and made the drive to pick it up. Im glad i did though.

Patrick: Ill definitely be getting a PCIII USB and a BMC airfilter. I cant decide on which exhaust to get even out of the ones you listed. I wish there was a way to hear them all before i buy one. I just want to make sure whichever one i get has a nice aggressive tone to it and it is pretty loud. I like when its loud but still sounds good. I also want something that will show some good performance gains. Is it worth it to get the full exhaust or just the s-pipe and slip-on? Also, how much would you charge to set up my suspension?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #32
ptd
π

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
The feel of it feels better to me. No it is not broke in yet but you can tell a little just from riding it thats its seems to have a little more punch than the gsxr 600 that i had did.
636 - 599 = little more punch

-pd
Old 03-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #33
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

a third grader could figure that one out^^^ Good choice on the bike, should make you very happy.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #34
ptd
π

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
a third grader could figure that one out^^^ .
Indeed, just pointing it out as you never know with some of the ppl and comments on here..

-pd
Old 03-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #35
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd
I think you need a speedo healer.

-pd
yep, cuz that speedo is lying to you right now:laughing6
Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #36
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
yep, cuz that speedo is lying to you right now:laughing6
I laughed at that too. If any MH guys want to be humbled by the inaccuracy of their speedometers let me know. I have a Kustom Trooper Radar in a box at the house, was calibrated on a bench and with tuning forks 3 months ago. Funny how a 636 can top 185mph when a stock Busa barely hits 200.

I have a 636 as well and can't ride worth . It's faster and more agile than I'll ever be so I'm not in a rush for performance upgrades, it's plenty fast as is. Suspension upgrades are always fun though. Have fun with your new toy and don't kill yourself on it.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #37
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Lol. Im always careful and i dont ride like an idiot. Im not going to say i dont haul on the freeway sometimes or whatever or take some fast turns but i dont ride like a . lol I still remember that i am on a bike and i act as though everyone around me is drunk cause they might as well be with how blind to bikes most of them are. I always pay attention to whats around me so im ready to react if something were to happen.

I would like to get my suspension tuned though cause i know it will feel much nicer once the bike is actually set up for my size and weight. I love the bike so far though!! I think i definitely made the right choice!
Old 03-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #38
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Nice Bike!!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #39
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Thanks! I love your bike as well! That blue looks nice!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #40
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I've got an M4 on our racebike you can hear. I'd go with a slip on vs a full system unless you're actually racing the bike. As far as sliders, any kind made of DELRIN are the best, I personally like Shogun and Intuitive. We stock the Shogun.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement