MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Another Patriot Guard Mission

Fellow Texas PGR Members,

We have a confirmed mission for March 23rd. in Waco Texas. Please contact a Regional Coordinator in your area for staging from your region of Texas. This mission is a good ways out and we should all have plenty of time for planning. Be sure and track the Official thread on the PGR Website. Listed below is the list of Regional Contact Coordinators. If you are not sure which region to respond to, respond to any and all that seem appropriate. You will then be receiving multiple contacts from multiple regions.

THIS MISSION IS NOW A GO AND WILL BE MOVED FROM THE WATCH LIST TO THE CONFIRMED MESSION RIDES.
THE MARINES PAO CALLED ME TONIGHT AND STATED THAT "YOUR MISSION HAS A GREEN LIGHT, AND IS A GO FROM GUNNERY SGT JOHN D. FRY'S WIFE MALIA FRY"

THE ONLY INFORMATION WE KNOW AT THIS TIME:

THE SERVICE WILL BE IN WACO TEXAS ON MARCH 23 rd, 2006

OTHER DETAILS WILL FOLLOW AS WE HAVE THEM

OK TEXAS PGR, THIS GIVES YOU TIME TO MAKE ARANGEMENTS, TO RIDE THIS MISSION.

"JOHN WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A DEVOTED FATHER AND HUMBLE PATRIOT"

LETS RIDE TO HONOR THIS HERO AND HIS BELOVED FAMILY.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patriot Guard Mission FlipSideUp Events, Meets and Rides 57 12-11-2007 06:45 AM
PATRIOT GUARD MISSION Houston, Texas ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-05-2006 07:23 AM
Patriot Guard mission complete ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 03-10-2006 11:31 AM
Patriot Guard Mission - Thursday ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-08-2006 10:31 PM
Patriot Guard Mission tomorrow in greenville texas ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 2 02-22-2006 11:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

bump for some assistance with this ride. Its a close one and we can make this ride. Please remember, its for a fallen marine hero who gave his all.
If you guys and gals could have seen the last mission response and the family's gratitude. I know you would readily go.
Please visit www.PatriotGuard.org for more information.

GUNNERY SGT JOHN D. FRY was not only a true American hero, he was also a fellow biker, he bought a new ride right before his deployment. Lets show our support for him and his family. There is plenty of time to get ready and make arrangements.
trust me, you will be moved beyond words can express.

Thanks for your consideration and the thanks Chris for the forum use for these missions.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Family remembers selfless Marine killed in Iraq as a humble patriot

By Katy Moore Tribune-Herald staff writer

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Gunnery Sgt. John D. Fry was due to return home from Iraq to his wife and three children on March 15, just days before the three-year anniversary of the start of the war. But the diligent Marine who specialized in defusing explosive devices was killed Wednesday after he volunteered to disarm a bomb in Iraq's war-torn Al Anbar province.

The shy 28-year-old Lorena native planned to return to his family at the Marine base in Lejeune, N.C., for six months before another tour of duty in Iraq in September. The unit to replace his group had already arrived in Al Anbar, while Fry's unit awaited return flights home.

"He believed in what he was doing," Malia Fry said of her husband. "He was protecting his country, and he was doing his job because he didn't want his children to grow up with people blowing up buildings . . . How he felt about the conflict was that he was doing his job."

As an explosive ordinance disposal technician, Fry disarmed hundreds of bombs during his six-month stint in Iraq.

Although his hitch in Iraq was almost over, Fry volunteered Wednesday to defuse one more bomb, family members said.

Relatives said that despite his best efforts to disarm the device, he was killed in an ensuing explosion.

"He laid down his life so other Marines would be safe, and he did it willingly," Malia Fry said. "Every EOD tech that is over there does the same thing a hundred times a day, and they don't think about themselves. They think about the Marines . . . They think about the children that are over there."

Fry's death brought to at least 2,304 the number of U.S. service members who have died since the beginning of the war, according to a count by the Associated Press.

Fry was assigned to the 8th Engineer Support Battalion, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force.

He served in Iraq's largest province of Al Anbar, a desert area stretching from Baghdad to the borders with Saudi Arabia, Syria and Jordan. It has been battered with frequent insurgent attacks.

In interviews, Fry's family described him as selfless in his work, protecting both his comrades and Iraqis from explosive devices.

Both his wife and his mother, Beth Fry of Lorena, described an incident in which the Marine answered a call to disarm a bomb and played a game of hide-and-seek with a young Iraqi boy before sending the youngster away from the site and out of danger.

On another occasion, John Fry arrived at an Iraq home to find a bomb strapped to a young mentally retarded Iraqi boy. The Marine disarmed the bomb and saved the child's life.

"He was so proud to be there doing what he was doing," Beth Fry said of her son. "Not just the war part ... but the Marines and all the military people that are there have restored power, built schools, built hospitals and they have running water. Those are the things that nobody talks about and that nobody hears about."

In October, family members said, the soldier suffered a serious hand injury and could have gone to Germany, as the severity of his injury could have provided him a virtual ticket out of Iraq. But his mother said her son wouldn't leave. Instead, he continued working seven more hours to finish disarming an explosive.

"(The military) wanted to give him the Bronze Star for his injury, and he wouldn't accept it," she said. "He said what he was doing was what he was supposed to be doing and what everyone else was doing."

Family members described Fry as shy, quiet and often deep in thought.

The graduate of Waco Christian Academy was happy to be salutatorian of his high school class because he didn't like speaking in public and didn't want to give a speech at his graduation.

Relatives said Fry will be remembered as a devoted father and a humble patriot.

Family members said he had no second thoughts about returning to Iraq in September and served with the thought of his children's freedom in mind. The Marine left behind three children: Kathryn, 9; Gideon, 7; and C.L., 2.

"He was a person who knew exactly what he wanted to do and was willing to make the sacrifice to do it," Beth Fry said. "And he realized the cost."

Can we not volunteer to ride and assemble for this Hero / Patriot ?
link to his photo and story http://www.militarycity.com/valor/1588232.html

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Thumbs up

I usually have bible study on Thursdays. I will ask my pastor to see if I can make an exception to miss bible study that day. This valiant act of bravery is a optimistic view as to what a true American, and man of honor, dignity, courage, that more than deserves our thanks, gratefulness, respect. This young man also represents all the TRUE BIKERS of America. That regardless of race, creed, religion, He, I, and many others believe that we are all brothers that bleed the same color blood. If I may suggest those that are able to ride down maybe we can have one card that represents us all, and put all collected monetary funds into that one card for his wife to decide what is need for her and her family. Scooter - if you're willing to do this and if I am not able to make the ride PLEASE pm me and let me know so at least I can contribute monetary funds for him and his family. May Bless Him, and his wife and children. He and others have paved the way with there lives so that you, I, we - are able to ride freely all throughout the United States. We will miss him - and on the behalf of myself and others we will miss him, but most of all we all should say, " Thank You."
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC
I usually have bible study on Thursdays. I will ask my pastor to see if I can make an exception to miss bible study that day. This valiant act of bravery is a optimistic view as to what a true American, and man of honor, dignity, courage, that more than deserves our thanks, gratefulness, respect. This young man also represents all the TRUE BIKERS of America. That regardless of race, creed, religion, He, I, and many others believe that we are all brothers that bleed the same color blood. If I may suggest those that are able to ride down maybe we can have one card that represents us all, and put all collected monetary funds into that one card for his wife to decide what is need for her and her family. Scooter - if you're willing to do this and if I am not able to make the ride PLEASE pm me and let me know so at least I can contribute monetary funds for him and his family. May Bless Him, and his wife and children. He and others have paved the way with there lives so that you, I, we - are able to ride freely all throughout the United States. We will miss him - and on the behalf of myself and others we will miss him, but most of all we all should say, " Thank You."
well said Big C, I wont be making this ride as I will be in Lousisiana all next week at a continuing ed clas for work. Don't let that or anything else stop any of you from riding up and showing your respect. It doesnt cost anything short of gas money and your time and as shown on the last one i rode on, its a priceless education for yourself. I was so moved by what i was participating in, it was insurmountable for me to put it into words. To best it all, was the look on the families faces when they saw us paying silent honor to their fallen one and the gratitude they showed to us by making arrangements to feed us. just blew me away emotionally, and they were shown that everyday people came from all over in the rain to say goodbye to someone we had never met. We all knew the fallen one gave their all for us and it was nothing on my part to compare. My wife said I spent 100. via gasoline for the truck and flags I bought to hold, and I told her it was a small nothing and worth more than could be spent to understand and see what it meant to the family. I would do it again all over in an instant, and if I was going to be in town, I would be on this mission as well.
Sadly, there will be others to attend.
I urge all to visit www.patriotguard.org and join up, its free and not only will it enrich your lives and open your eyes to reality we only read about, but it shows support to the family and the other service members that attend. America needs to unite and show support, whether you agre with the war or not, the least we can do is support the boys and girls who are in the service.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement