MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #101
creektrack
Senior Member
 
creektrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 119












Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Only because you assumed... why then?

Maybe so people might understand the concept.. of providing #'s.
Ie: 15 wrecks, 4 fatalities. I would think that the lack of any mention of money or a 'buy in' might be a subtle clue that money is not involved.

Now the idea of pointing out accidents/deaths is a reminder to those riders still with us, to think. This one, an oblique approach as opposed to the more direct one with Racers accident list.

If you want some candy coated approach...then go do it and quit complaining...
You are hopeless...
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a sure sign yer a redneck Truckin_Thumper Off Topic 8 11-30-2013 07:40 AM
Yer Granny Gets Tazed... Tiller1k Off Topic 11 06-28-2010 01:02 PM
Sneezing in yer helmet.... AaronP220 Off Topic 31 07-24-2009 04:21 PM
Clayton, pick yer' poison ScooterTrash Off Topic 49 01-05-2007 05:42 PM
Can you pick your own numbers? roro Taking it to the Track 5 08-30-2005 09:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #102
creektrack
Senior Member
 
creektrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 119












Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
....and to sidestep for a sec.

How old are you, and how long have you legaly been riding on the streets creek?
Even though it is irrelevant...I am 23 and I have a one year old son, so I ride with care...
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #103
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
You are hopeless...
... no,
you're too young and/or intelligent to understand.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #104
creektrack
Senior Member
 
creektrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 119












Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
... no,
you're too young and/or intelligent to understand.
I believe you just messed up on that one...you just said that I was too intelligent, I think you meant to say UNintelligent...and if I wasn't smart enough then how come I'm the one that thinks it's immoral to have a "pot" on peoples deaths...Also, I work as a CNC Machinist, so apparently I'm not that dumb...
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #105
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
I believe you just messed up on that one...you just said that I was too intelligent, I think you meant to say UNintelligent...and if I wasn't smart enough then how come I'm the one that thinks it's immoral to have a "pot" on peoples deaths...Also, I work as a CNC Machinist, so apparently I'm not that dumb...
You're right, it a problem that comes with fatigue, bad typing habits and not using spell-check before clicking the post button.
You're job as a proof as intelligence? C'mon... demonstrate it.

Did I claim this was going to be a 'nice' or pretty thread? No...
It's meant to be blunt... accidents, especialy those with fatalities aren't pretty. If your lucky you haven't had to witness or been involved in one.

Morbid, yes. Immoral? No, I don't think so... if money were actually involved, that might be another matter. Money isn't involved, so that aspect is a moot point.

So that taken care of, where is this candy-coated idea/concept to remind people to gear up and ride sanely/appropiately on the streets?
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #106
creektrack
Senior Member
 
creektrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 119












Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You're right, it a problem that comes with fatigue, bad typing habits and not using spell-check before clicking the post button.
You're job as a proof as intelligence? C'mon... demonstrate it.

Did I claim this was going to be a 'nice' or pretty thread? No...
It's meant to be blunt... accidents, especialy those with fatalities aren't pretty. If your lucky you haven't had to witness or been involved in one.

Morbid, yes. Immoral? No, I don't think so... if money were actually involved, that might be another matter. Money isn't involved, so that aspect is a moot point.

So that taken care of, where is this candy-coated idea/concept to remind people to gear up and ride sanely/appropiately on the streets?
You're not getting what I'm trying to say to you...Your post was a fair idea, you just worded it completely wrong, and with the "idea/concept of a football pot" is where you went wrong...It's all fine and dandy that you wanna make people aware of the dangers and harsh reality, but don't you think people that have lost might take a major offense to how leisurly you state...Have a little more emotion when you speak...

And how does spell-check have anything to do with it...I don't use it and how would spell-check know that you meant to say UNintelligent instead of intelligent?
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #107
DNGRMOUSE
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Noorf East side, Hillbilly , In the Dog house normally
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'97 Honda VFR 750
'09 Buell Firebolt Xb12R
Fatboy
Tricycle
pocket rocket






User is banned

.
DNGRMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #108
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
..
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #109
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
You're not getting what I'm trying to say to you...Your post was a fair idea, you just worded it completely wrong, and with the "idea/concept of a football pot" is where you went wrong...It's all fine and dandy that you wanna make people aware of the dangers and harsh reality, but don't you think people that have lost might take a major offense to how leisurly you state...Have a little more emotion when you speak...

And how does spell-check have anything to do with it...I don't use it and how would spell-check know that you meant to say UNintelligent instead of intelligent?
Creek, 2nd part first.
My brain and my fingers work at two different speeds. This means I get letters inverted, truncate words etc. There's what I wanted to say and what I typed.
Quote:
You're right, it a problem that comes with fatigue, bad typing habits and not using spell-check before clicking the post button.
You want to focus on the spell-check and ignore the first two of the three explanations for the error. Quit picking the parts and address the whole.

You might also note, that as you've become more verbose I have attemped to respond in kind. You gave short stupid reply, and I returned the compliment so to speak... but I flubbed it wish the obvious mispelling for the reasons provided.


Now to the first.. I don't agree. I think it was worded fine. Perfect...no, but adequate.
This isn't care bear central and no one is forced to read any threads.
You want concern for those left behind, then go read the thread involving the accident/rider down post.
Words have the power you give them, if what you read upsets you...thats your problem. If seeing a thread, with estimates on accidents upsets you, don't read it... or do give it the power to upset you... and if it happens to stick in your head, bug you in the background. Good let it work as a reminder to ride smart.

The point? It's not required a topic be nice, pretty and candy coated. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.


as for the ashton kutcher wanna be. Grow up.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #110
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









btw creek, ...having said all that, understand, I'm not claiming or even attempting to claim this is the 'only' way to attempt to draw attention to and attempt to impact those that rides like idiots. It is the way I chose for this thread.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #111
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em
 
gsxr_firerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: conroe
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 412


Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold









all this has drawn attention to is how much of a deuscher you are. i think we understand the point you were getting at. its just stupid. all the people on here say theyre a riding community, and brotherhood and yada yada. its ridiculous. people are going to do what they want to do. wear what they wanna wear. ride how they wanna ride. calling them a squid does nothing. and i catch flak about wearin shorts in my avi. you know what though? i dont care. you calling me squid isnt gonna make me all of a sudden be like, youre right i should go buy a leather coat. although i do ride with jeans and an a star jacket most of the time.
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #112
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
all this has drawn attention to is how much of a deuscher you are. i think we understand the point you were getting at. its just stupid. all the people on here say theyre a riding community, and brotherhood and yada yada. its ridiculous. people are going to do what they want to do. wear what they wanna wear. ride how they wanna ride. calling them a squid does nothing. and i catch flak about wearin shorts in my avi. you know what though? i dont care. you calling me squid isnt gonna make me all of a sudden be like, youre right i should go buy a leather coat. although i do ride with jeans and an a star jacket most of the time.
Check post history... you'd note this 'deuscher' has pointed it's not so much what you wear, but how you ride that 'depicts' wether or not you're a 'squid'.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #113
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em
 
gsxr_firerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: conroe
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 412


Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold









my mistake for not knowing how you define a squid. maybe youre just misunderstood. but when saying things like mother nature needs to cull the herd, and having football pot, make you come off as if youre crossing youre fingers for people to go down. youre wording is wrong. and i dont care if you sugar coat it. i see people at their worst, for a living, every day. maybe thats just how you are
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #114
creektrack
Senior Member
 
creektrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 119












Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRMOUSE View Post
Ulric - you're starting a pot???
I'm in


CNC machinist - did it when i was a kid too, most mind numbing job i ever had. sit there for 10 hours reading a book and pressing buttons
Do you even know what a CNC Machinist is? You may have worked as a CNC operator trainee, but not as a machinist...In order to be considered a machinist you actually have to have a little experience with the machines and the programming and editting of them...Go do some research before you open your ink hole...
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #115
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
my mistake for not knowing how you define a squid. maybe youre just misunderstood. but when saying things like mother nature needs to cull the herd, and having football pot, make you come off as if youre crossing youre fingers for people to go down. youre wording is wrong. and i dont care if you sugar coat it. i see people at their worst, for a living, every day. maybe thats just how you are
Stop...and think for a minute what you remember (your commentary above). You're close to understanding, the question is if the epiphany
will come or not.


Creek, I'm pretty sure the guy your adressing a 'bit' older than you,
and likely knows more than your giving him credit for.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #116
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em
 
gsxr_firerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: conroe
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 412


Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold









maybe im just having trouble sorting through your rhetoric b.s
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #117
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
maybe im just having trouble sorting through your rhetoric b.s

the derogatory nature of the statement implies that
you've already closed your mind to attempting to understand.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #118
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em
 
gsxr_firerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: conroe
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 412


Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold









no im pretty sure i understand, i just dont agree
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #119
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
no im pretty sure i understand, i just dont agree

If you understood, then you wouldn't have made the comment.


<shrug> Postwhores trashed it, moot point.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #120
FJRmgm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha, Arkansas USA Motorcycling Paradise
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,995

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R







I am an advocate for ATGATT but really, just because a person is not all geared up does not in any way, shape or form make them a squid.

Many people have ridden for many years with no helmet and in a t-shirt or tank top without harming themselves or others. And they will continue to do so.

Being a squid is a state of mind, not a state of attire or accessories.
FJRmgm is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy