MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Anyone hear good or bad things about this TPro Extreme Harness?

Thinking of getting something for chest/back protection and ran up on this guy. Wonder if anyone has one or has heard about it?

Thank you.

LINK
Gonna ride down to Galveston, how bad are things for bike security? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-16-2012 05:26 PM
On stunt videos, would you rather hear the sound of the bikes or hear music? Versatile337 Stunters Lounge 6 11-21-2009 09:51 AM
If things got bad for you, what country.... Solracer Off Topic 52 03-04-2009 10:53 PM
crazy things you hear about bikes sbfuller General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-11-2007 03:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
i think someone (bigcomfy?) made a post about the stuff some time ago. Might try asking him
Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesmart View Post
Thinking of getting something for chest/back protection and ran up on this guy. Wonder if anyone has one or has heard about it?

Thank you.

LINK
are u stuntin' or trackin it ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
Gisi 600rr

Bike(s):
'05 600RR Red

I have no personal experience with them, but I had happened upon the thread below where several people say good things about TPro/Forcefield.

There's also a link to a Ride article that rated a number of back protectors (the Harness wasn't in there, but another TPro/Forcefield product was). Hope it helps.

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11917
Gisi 600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

track only....lol

unless it helps in bed too. lol x2

Quote:
Old 06-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Tpro Forcefield review:
http://www.livestrong.com/health-art...-dcd9c95f822b/

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/back-...tor/tpro-bohn/

Quote:
Greetings!

http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcef...arment_kit.htm

I've worn these for a few thousand miles now, so figured I would write up a review about them.

First, what was I looking for when I purchased them?

I already had and used a BMW AirFlow2 jacket and Draggin' Jeans with velcro knee insert armor. These didn't have chest or hip protection & I was concerned about how loose the armor fit on me, worried about movement during crash.

I wanted something that would be less likely to have the armor slide around in a crash. Most jackets and armored pants would let the armor move around in a crash, meaning they may not be where they should be if I needed them. I wanted CE certified armor for shoulders, elbows, forearms, hips and knees. I also wanted something to protect the chest area. I live and ride in Tampa, so ability to use in hot weather was important. It should either incorporate abrasion resistance and/or be able to be worn under another abrasion resistant layer.

So, how do I like them now that I've put some decent miles on them?

The armor stays in place, inspiring confidence in their ability to actually be where I need them to be if in a crash.

All the armor is CE certified to the most recent standards. It has hip and chest protection, along with the other areas I wanted.

It is made out of material designed to wick away moisture and be as cool as possible. My standard riding gear is now the TPro kit as well as an outer layer of BMW AirFlow2 jacket (with all the armor removed) and Draggin' Jeans with no knee armor inserts. I also wear the TPro Back protector on the outside of the TPro kit and under the BMW AirFlow2, Sidi On-Road work boots and Rev'It gloves. And of course a helmet, Arai Corsair This combo is good upto 90F for me. If it goes over 90F, long as I keep moving it is bearable, but soon as I stop for even 30 seconds it starts getting sweaty fairly quickly.

So, if over 90F I still wear the same below the waist, but on the torso I wear my Joe Rocket Reactor2 mesh jacket. Sometimes with the TPro back protector, sometimes not. Sometimes you have to compromise to avoid heat stroke, lol. I'm looking for another hot weather torso armor solution though. The Reactor is starting to show it's age, was my very first jacket.

The TPro pants are pretty unobtrusive under my Draggin' Jeans.

Comfort/Fit wise it feels pretty good. I am unable to use the thumb hooks due to arms being too long (36" long sleeve dress shirt size), hurts my hands too much. Armor stays in place quite well anyway.

It is alot of stuff to put on and take off each time, but it gives me some versatality and allows me to get as much protection as I can for the temps I am riding in.

Can't use that get-up on a track though, and if I ever want to try out track days I will need to get a leather suit. Perforated for sure. Will be starting another thread asking some questions about that as well.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesmart View Post
track only....lol

unless it helps in bed too. lol x2
looks like a stunt vest to me....
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Ive had a forcefield protector before... not bad...
Old 06-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Ridesmart

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

just trying to look into some option here...here is what got my attention, and more questions though...

LINK
quoting from link above:

I just wanted to provide some positive feedback after testing your T-Pro back protector out for real on Sunday whilst racing at Snetterton.

I had a relatively low speed highside in the wet which threw me head first over the front of the bike, causing me to somersault and land flat on my back, taking the full impact through my Crowtree leathers and your T-Pro back protector, which I have owned for about a year now and never go out on track without, even when I am rushing to get out for a race.

Although the crash speed was relatively low (I estimate about 25-30 mph), I know from experience that doesnít matter with highsides as I previously broke my collarbone and ribs, collapsed a lung and moved my heart sideways from a 50mph highside.

In this crash, I took the full impact on my back, having done a full somersault (according to the marshals, who gave me 9 out of 10) and missed my helmet hitting the ground. The impact knocked the wind right out of me, but despite not having a great back to start with, I didnít suffer any injuries at all, maybe just a bit of minor internal soft tissue bruising or soreness due to the sudden stop.

I then went out on track later the same morning and set a new lap record for our class (700cc Streetstock with NG Road Racing club).

It was also good to know that when having my made to measure leathers made up at Crowtree in Lincolnshire, we were discussing body armour and when I told them I had a T-Pro back protector, they quite honestly said I didnít need any more back protection in my suit as that was the best I could buy anyway.

I would also add that with 1 years use (in often sweaty conditions) it is holding up very well and is very comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the offer of a cap, youíve already done enough by saving me a painful injury, but Iíll wear it around the paddock in appreciation.

Was hoping for something that would also provide side/rib protection but seems that there is not much out there that offers all front, rear, side/ribs.

Quote:
looks like a stunt vest to me....
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

I wear the back proctector with the seperate upper torso / rib protector. They go good together and cover contiously from the back proctor around the sides of ribs and chest too. I got them from Johnsonleathers at the Moto show last year and have 5 or 6 track days using them. The chest / rib protector feels alitle bit like wearing a barrel at first but I don;t notice it anymore. Though I do ride a more upright standard position then you probably do but I still would'nt expect it to be a hinderence in a full sport bike posture. I would give them both good reviews for comfort and protection (percived protection) since I have not crash tested them personally and hope not to.

The one your looking at here combines the smaller chest protector with the back proctor so it does'nt have the energy absorbing stuff all the way around the sides. Not having the side protection is a trade off for more flexibility over what I have but it still looks like a good combo as well. I don;t know of any local vendors but I recently saw that Pete from TTD had the backprotectors at their last TD. Motoliberty has them too if your making any trips to Austin or SanAn anytime soon. You might want to try on etx. I have the size Medium for both the back protector and chest/torso (5'10" 200 lbs).

http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcef..._protector.htm
http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcef...pper_torso.htm

Advertisement