Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

Tire ?'s

So my front tire is getting bald and this has prompted me to look into getting at least a new front. (With me so far? ) Currently I have 120/60-17 & 170/60-17 F/R. The rear is wider than the stock 160 that came w/the SV while the front is stock. Now I'm convinced that going back to the stock 160 when the time comes is the better decision (unless you can offer up reasons why it's not). But I digress.

My front tire is the one that is balding and needs to be replaced pretty soon. Checking online, I've seen comparisons of the 120/60 to the 120/70 for front tires. I'm reading that the 70 makes the speedo more accurate, but requires me to adjust my forks to correct the rake and trail. (still don't completely understand that part so more reading is necessary on my part)

Can anyone tell me with certainty if going with the 70 profile will effect my speedo? Also, what will be the end result? If I adjust my forks will it end up feeling just like the 60 except the speedo will be more accurate? Or will it be completely different and allow me to flick it into turns so easily that I'll ask myself why I even 2nd guessed going w/the 70?

Also while we're @ it, if you can talk to me about the 160 vs 170 rear tire that would be cool too