MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Moto2's break cover in spain

sweet
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All Eyes Open, and Cover that Break.!!! speedjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 02-12-2008 12:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Saweet!
Anyone know if it will be on Speed channel?
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

I agree, gonna be very cool. Bikes are killer!
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I saw another thread but I still don't know what these bikes are. Someone explain please!
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
w00t!

When ya'll realize it's just a lower level support class for MotoGP, you will lose interest.

If ya'll don't watch 250's today, doubt you'd be interested in this class.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
w00t!

When ya'll realize it's just a lower level support class for MotoGP, you will lose interest.

If ya'll don't watch 250's today, doubt you'd be interested in this class.

I think people can relate more to the moto2 bikes but wether that will guarantee a bigger audience, we'll have to see I guess.

When Dorna did a PR test (earlier in the year) with one they quoted it as smashing the 250 lap record first time out!!!
I was sceptical at the time.
A few were raced recently, see below

Quote:
Moto2 threatens 250GP pole at Jerez
The fastest Moto2 machine circulated just a few tenths from 2009 250GP pole position pace, during qualifying for the Jerez round of the CEV Formula Extreme Championship.

Alex Debon put his Aprilia on pole for the 250cc Spanish Grand Prix with a time of 1min 43.028sec at Jerez on May 2 - and Aleix Espargaró recorded a 1min 43.257sec on his Yamaha-powered Moto2 machine in Saturday's final qualifying session, which featured four Moto2s amongst the Extreme (1000cc Superbike) field.

Only the top four Extreme class riders were able to beat Espargaro's time: Ivan Silva (Kawasaki), Kenny Noyes (Kawasaki), Carmelo Morales (Yamaha) and Jose de Gea (Suzuki).

Espargaro's Yamaha Spain machine uses a Harris frame and a race kitted YZF R6 engine, having been built before the decision to make all teams use the same (Honda) engine in next year's inaugural Moto2 World Championship.

Moto2 will replace 250GP completely from 2011. The two-strokes will technically be allowed to race alongside the 600cc four-strokes next season, although the oversubscribed Moto2 entry applications suggest this will be unlikely.

Espargaro's lap time would have been good enough for second on the 250GP grid, while the next best Moto2 machine at Jerez was the Honda of Dani Rivas in tenth place. Rivas set a best lap of 1min 43.961sec and would also have qualified tenth in the grand prix qualifying session.

The other Moto2s of Angel Rodriguez and Dani Arcas qualified 13th and 23rd in the 33 bike field.

Unlike at Albacete, Moto2s will be allowed to race in the Jerez Extreme event, but not eligible for points.

Jerez Formula Extreme - Final Qualifying
1. Ivan Silva (Kawasaki ZX-10 R) 1'42,289
2. Kenny Noyes (Kawasaki ZX-10 R) 1´42,777
3. Carmelo Morales (Yamaha R1) 1´42.836
4. José de Gea (Suzuki GSX-R 1000) 1´42.852
5. Aleix Espargaró (Moto2 Yamaha) 1´43.257
6. Manuel Tirado (Yamaha R1) 1´43.393
7. Bernat Martinez (Yamaha R1) 1´43.415
8. Victor Carrasco (Suzuki GSX-R 1000) 1´43.818
9. Enrique Rocamora (Suzuki GSX-R 1000) 1´43.857
10. Dani Rivas (Moto2 Honda) 1´43.961

13 Angel Rodriguez (Moto2 Yamaha) 1´44.221
23 Dani Arcas (Moto2 Honda) 1´48.365
and the race result

Quote:
Moto2 matches Bautista race lap record
Having got within 0.229sec of the 250GP pole position time at last month's Spanish Grand Prix, the top Moto2 machine all but matched the two-stroke best in race specification during Sunday's Jerez round of the CEV Formula Extreme championship.

After taking part in Formula Extreme qualifying at the previous Albacete round, four Moto2 machines were allowed to race alongside the 1000cc Superbikes at Jerez to help Dorna further gauge their competitiveness. The Moto2 bikes were not eligible for points.

Aleix Espargaró (#4) led the 600cc challenge in qualifying, putting his R6-powered bike fifth on the grid, then took the holeshot into turn one. Espargaró crashed out of tenth place on lap six, leaving the Honda-propelled entry of Dani Rivas - who had qualified tenth - to set the best Moto2 race lap on his way to seventh position.

Rivas clocked a 1min 43.343sec, which was just 0.005sec slower than the fastest race lap - and official lap record - set by Aspar Aprilia's Alvaro Bautista during the Spanish GP. Before his fall, Espargaro set a best of 1min 43.822sec.

The other Moto2s of Angel Rodriguez (Yamaha) and Dani Arcas (Honda) had qualified 13th and 23rd in the 33 bike field: Rodriquez failed to start after engine problems while Arcas finished 17th.

Meanwhile, at the front of the field, a thrilling Formula Extreme battle ended with the top three riders - Ivan Silva (Kawasaki), Carmelo Morales (Yamaha) and Kenny Noyes (Kawasaki) - covered by just 1.2 seconds. Silva finished 12.4sec ahead of Rivas.

Moto2 machines will use identical Honda engines (but individual chassis designs) when they support the MotoGP World Championship from next season. Honda is yet to build the official Moto2 engines, so the bikes present at Jerez were running either R6 or CBR powerplants within a prototype chassis.

47 teams have applied to enter next year's Moto2 championship. The existing 250cc two-stokes will also be allowed to race, although the entry applications submitted showed teams are overwhelmingly in favour of using the new 600cc four-strokes.

Moto2 will officially be four-stroke only from 2011.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post

I think people can relate more to the moto2 bikes but wether that will guarantee a bigger audience, we'll have to see I guess.

When Dorna did a PR test (earlier in the year) with one they quoted it as smashing the 250 lap record first time out!!!
I was sceptical at the time.
A few were raced recently, see below

Yeaah, but noooo.. The people here still won't care.

Sad, but true. I HOPE it gets more people interested in the support classes.. Those are the best races, especially in MotoGP!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Yeaah, but noooo.. The people here still won't care.

Sad, but true. I HOPE it gets more people interested in the support classes.. Those are the best races, especially in MotoGP!
right!!!!!

Advertisement