MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #41
YZFracer212

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play

Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
You do not even have to keep the EZ tag in the bike. If you just register your plate to it, they will take a picture, then run it and charge your account.
It appears I don't get charged going through the TOLL ONLY hov booth urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-30-2013 09:23 PM
Toll Booth question NgaWhat Off Topic 9 08-28-2011 11:57 AM
I got hit on the head by the toll booth poles wtf.? boner12 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 04-11-2011 09:45 AM
no troll at the toll booth? it must be free, lol craigntx Off Topic 10 03-24-2011 09:25 AM
How NOT to go through a toll booth DLunsford21 Off Topic 5 06-07-2007 05:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #42
JoeRocket
Sensei

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
06 1000RR SOLD
RM 250
KX 125
XR 70
JS 440 Stand Up Jets Ski

I only read a few post and agreed with one of them. Wheelie through that bish. Its not right that we should have to pay 1.25 when we have half the wheels I never got caught. If bike were only $0.50 then I would stop and pay. I've been through it enough that even if I did get caught I think I would still be on top lol.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRocket View Post
. Its not right that we should have to pay 1.25 .
why?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #44
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
+eleventy-one billion.
I also just stop, pull my glove off, but dig in my pocket for my wallet and pull out my Military ID and show the attendant. Wait 3 seconds till they actually look and realize what it is, then they grab a clip board, hand it to me and I fill out Unit and Vehicle then realize that I forgot my watch and ask the attendant what time it is. Since my ear plugs are in and my helmet is on I have to yell "What?" and then get the time and enter it on the last line. Then say "have a nice day", put my wallet back in my pocket, put my gloves back on and creep forward so they can enter my LP on the clipboard then cruise away for free!
+1 every time
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #45
Xaero
Member of NO MA'AM

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

What are these tolls you speak of? I fly by toll booths all the time I thought paying money was only a myth.
Xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #46
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
why?
Because we're rolling half the wheels that cagers do. We cause much less wear on the roadways. Technically I have two axles, but I don't think that I should be charged as much as the F350 that will barely fit through the booth. Bikes should be hugely discounted or free IMO.

Brings up another question... the new Katy lanes have a combination of HOV and toll lanes. Bikes are approved for HOV lanes, so does that mean we don't have to pay the tolls too? Anyone tried this?
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPsyclone View Post
Brings up another question... the new Katy lanes have a combination of HOV and toll lanes. Bikes are approved for HOV lanes, so does that mean we don't have to pay the tolls too? Anyone tried this?
you can use it for free during HOV times, when its not HOV you have to pay, just like cars.

that whole thing is a cluster F

left lane tolls right lane HOV at certain times, Tolls the rest of the time
weekends Toll only

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #48
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you can use it for free during HOV times, when its not HOV you have to pay, just like cars.

that whole thing is a cluster F

left lane tolls right lane HOV at certain times, Tolls the rest of the time
weekends Toll only

I've been reluctant to try it for that very reason. Plus it seems there is a LEO every two miles and I have no traffic to hide behind.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #49
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
Oh you forgot they were supposed to stop charging us once the road was paid off, which they haven't done. So we are paying for a road that is paid for...There was a thread a month or so ago about this.
Oh - I know. But when is the last time a large city gave up such a perfectly legitimate scam?? I knew that was a pipe dream when they first started building the thing. I don't know what the toll road system rakes in on a daily basis but it has to be a ridiculous number. They’ll never give up that kind of cash cow. With that much money - no pothole should last more than a week in this county.
sigpic9903 2
Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #50
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPsyclone View Post
Because we're rolling half the wheels that cagers do. We cause much less wear on the roadways. Technically I have two axles, but I don't think that I should be charged as much as the F350 that will barely fit through the booth. Bikes should be hugely discounted or free IMO.

+1
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #51
GIXXERKELLY
Squid in training

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2003 Honda CR125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125

Quote:
I have my bike registered for an EZ tag & carry it on me, but if I don't see any cops I still try to ride the lines....they rape us on tolls, so if I can save a buck, I'll save a buck. But if I get pulled over, I'm covered since I am EZ tag registered.

+1

Motorcycles don't do the same amount of wear on the roads as cars and trucks.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #52
tef

Feedback Rating: (3)

I used to live out-of-state and work a lot in Houston. I rode the Sam Houston from IAH all the time. I got a burr in my saddle about the tolls, so I started paying them in nickels. The machine seems to take about 3/4 second per coin: click... click... click... click...

I'd bring a whole sock full of coins for the round trip.
tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #53
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

i have an ez tag for my R6...but i run it everytime unless there is a LEO waiting at the toll to catch those who run it

ride the center line everytime
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #54
Wormgear

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
i have an ez tag for my R6...but i run it everytime unless there is a LEO waiting at the toll to catch those who run it

ride the center line everytime
What you and Captain M said.
I pay for maybe 1 in 20 tolls. No problems, tickets or trips to jail. And I ride the tollways every day.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #55
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

There are some cheap mofos on this board.

laguna sig
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #56
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
There are some cheap mofos on this board.
If you live on or ride the beltway everyday it adds up quick. It is 2 tolls from 45 to I-10. There and back is $6. If that is your commute 5 days a week 6x20 is $120 a month. That is a new rear tire give or take every month. Cheap? How about thrifty.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #57
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
If you live on or ride the beltway everyday it adds up quick. It is 2 tolls from 45 to I-10. There and back is $6. If that is your commute 5 days a week 6x20 is $120 a month. That is a new rear tire give or take every month. Cheap? How about thrifty.
+1
I''m a daily commuter from 45 to i 10 and with EZ tag spend easily $110 per month. I ride the line on the bike and pay with the cage. This has not resulted in any tickets or stops. I might be taking my chances, but I've done it with no repercussions to date. I pay my dues in a manner of speaking BC I take the toll road in the cage 97% of the time and pay up. They're getting their $$ worth out of me for sure. The bike is a convenience and I take full advantage of being so small of a vehicle. Plus, a moto cop I rode near one day pointed out the line to ride on when we both went through the toll. This told me that at least that individual condones riding the line for bikes. Doesn't sound legal, but seems to be tolerated. But If the fines come in the mail I will def pay. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's!!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #58
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
True. If you commute on the toll daily. Otherwise, cheap.

I commute from 610/Shepherd to the Woodlands M-F on the Hardy because 45N to/from just sucks ballz. So I am willing to spend the money, but I can afford to and I understand that some cannot and some just will not.

I have lurked on the board long enough to know that some people just want to get over anyway they can. You know, pay the toll? F the man! Pay for inspection sticker (all $15 dollars of it)? F the man! Pay for insurance? F the man! Ride all squidly and get into an accident which us taxpayers end up paying for? F the man!

Anyway..... carry on..

laguna sig
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
I have my bike registered for an EZ tag & carry it on me, but if I don't see any cops I still try to ride the lines....they rape us on tolls, so if I can save a buck, I'll save a buck. But if I get pulled over, I'm covered since I am EZ tag registered.
+1
I'm a cheap, college student. That's my excuse. If I'm on the beltway etc., most likely I'm in my car anyways.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

^Oh snap!
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote