Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
mcd

Feedback Rating: (0)

Cherokee Cycle Park

How many of you guys and gals ride/have ridden out at Cherokee cycle park? What do you think of it?

Looking for some good trails and came across there website. Looks like a nice place, but would like some input from people who have ridden there. I will probably give it a shot one day soon, just a little bit of a drive.
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cherokee Cycle Park set to be closed down 1/21/10 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 01-20-2010 12:25 PM
Cherokee Cycle Park 8/2 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 4 08-01-2008 07:12 PM
Cherokee Cycle Park this Sunday, March 30th FireMalt Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 03-28-2008 12:53 AM
Cherokee Cycle Park this Sat. 03/15/08 FireMalt Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 03-11-2008 02:29 PM
Cherokee Cycle Park on Monday, Dec. 3rd FireMalt Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 17 12-01-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck

Last edited by dbuck; 06-08-2009 at 02:51 PM.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Worth the drive...

There's not nearly as much sand at CCP compared to SHNF... I would even venture to say less than half.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Worth the drive...

There's not nearly as much sand at CCP compared to SHNF... I would even venture to say less than half.
maybe less sand overall, but it seemed to be in the worst places (Especially if you're a novice) and CCP only offered a fraction of the trails compared to SHNF. I guess I don't like to ride the same trail over and over. It is a nice place though, but if I can scratch the same itch with 1/2 the drive and 1/3 the cost I'm gonna go to SHNF....just my opinion.

I think I would enjoy CCP with a larger group and an overnight stay.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
i want to hurry up and get the back tire on this dr650 fixed, so's i can run it out to cherokee and play before i have to return it. ( holding the bike for ransom - trying to convince my buddy to sell it to me )

i had a blast out at squoddy's and want to try ccp.

why dont we see about setting up a MH ride/campout at ccp?
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

I've had many great times out there riding, camping, drinking etc... Starting a couple years ago they started whoring the place out to quadtards & it's been going downhill rapidly since, I havn't been out there in several months but loops 1 & 2 still had some relatively challenging technical single track & loops 3, 5, 6, 7.5 & 8 are somewhat fun, fast & flow well in spite of being punched out by quads & side by sides. Forget about loop 7... I could easily get my truck & trailer though 'em, 4 is sandy & fun but a serious workout...

Moral is the place has seen better days It's still worth an occasional drive out there for a day of riding but any more than a few hours out there & I get bored quick... Sucks, It used to be a premier spot to ride with lots & fun & challenging single track.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Both Danny & Clark have hit the nail on the head. They are fun, I was there with a friend on Saturday. I like the fact that they have different levels for the trails.
I am going back for sure sometime soon but yes, two day is way recommendable.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
woodsguy

Bike(s):
2008CRF450
2010 KTM 530XCW
2007 KTM 250 S/X

Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd View Post
How many of you guys and gals ride/have ridden out at Cherokee cycle park? What do you think of it?

Looking for some good trails and came across there website. Looks like a nice place, but would like some input from people who have ridden there. I will probably give it a shot one day soon, just a little bit of a drive.
I like Cherokee, as others have said a lot of sand, but great after a rain when other places are closed! I love tight trails BUT some of CCP trails seem to go in circles which ruin the flow to me. That said I am a member and ride there a few times a year.

If you are looking for a change from SHNF, you could guess ride with me at Outlaw Trax right in the middle of the SHNF.

Let me know if interested. We have a 20 mile h/s type loop with a lot of ravens and gullies for good measure!
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement