MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #61
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
By the way.Drag racing is a sport.Street racing is a crime
Do you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time?
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who's been to that tax office on gessner? lbjasonc Off Topic 2 06-13-2012 10:50 AM
Rider down on Westheimer b/t Gessner and Fondren Aprtmrnt complex chingwa14 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 09-12-2011 09:02 AM
Northwest riders who want to meet and ride to James Coney on westheimer noy609 Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-03-2011 04:46 PM
Just got t-boned on s gessner zombiejesus Off Topic 14 04-23-2010 04:47 PM
Hooters on Gessner and Westheimer 1/20/08? Mr. Sparkles Events, Meets and Rides 12 01-19-2008 09:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #62
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Is a bar room brawl a UFC match?
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #63
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
Is a bar room brawl a UFC match?
Depends on who's fighting?
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #64
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Touche'
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #65
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Lot's of people on Westheimer, so why would they not show off. I saw two guy on Westheimer and both of them were blipping the gas trying to get the front wheel off the ground and nether one was wearing any gear. The guy crashed right infront of me and slid across all lanes and I try'd to block traffic so the would not get ran over. His back tire was showing tread and he just lost the back end.

When I saw them coming up on me I let them pass and I dropped back.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #66
Victoria

a friend told me about this thread of this accident and i wanted to clarify that they were NOT racing. the riders were mark and his dad bj. BJ DOES NOT RACE. The "investigator" tried to explain what happened because they were so called racing but when confronted that his explanation didn't make sense he replied that its not his job to make sense of it. Thats strange officer because I thought you were an accident INVESTIGATOR. Mark is going to be ok with some broken bones but BJ is still in ICU. True it was a huge mistake for neither of them to be wearing a helmet but BJ is fighting cancer and rides for leisure, he wouldn't race down Whestheimer at 2:30pm. Regardless please keep them in your prayers, we still haven't been able to get a response out of BJ.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #67
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

They were riding together, exceeding the speed limit, no?

...for all intent an purposes, they were racing. If nothing else for a lack of a 'group speeding' violation.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #68
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
a friend told me about this thread of this accident and i wanted to clarify that they were NOT racing. the riders were mark and his dad bj. BJ DOES NOT RACE. The "investigator" tried to explain what happened because they were so called racing but when confronted that his explanation didn't make sense he replied that its not his job to make sense of it. Thats strange officer because I thought you were an accident INVESTIGATOR. Mark is going to be ok with some broken bones but BJ is still in ICU. True it was a huge mistake for neither of them to be wearing a helmet but BJ is fighting cancer and rides for leisure, he wouldn't race down Whestheimer at 2:30pm. Regardless please keep them in your prayers, we still haven't been able to get a response out of BJ.
Thanks for clearing it up, glad they weren't racing!!! I didn't think the damage to the car reflected evidence of drag racing, but i don't know anything if you leave it up to most people on this board.

Prayers being sent for speedy recoveries to both riders.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #69
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #70
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
since the money in your pocket and bank account has drugs on them that makes you a drug dealer .. and all moneys should be forfeited and you should pay a fine
That would be dependent on if the money went from my pocket to the bank or the bank to my pocket now wouldn't it...and it'd be what those nifty investigators are for.

...and I've found most accident investigators tend to be pretty sharp.

Got proof the two riders were NOT speeding?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #71
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
irregardless .
without not regarding..........
sorry, I had to. it's 2009 let's use the kings' english properly. that, or people will laugh when you use the big words all dang dumb. daaaaaaang.

anyway, sucks for that guy. sad when a cage drives across lanes of traffic. let's hope he makes a full recovery, regardless of who's at fault.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #72
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
without not regarding..........
sorry, I had to. it's 2009 let's use the kings' english properly. that, or people will laugh when you use the big words all dang dumb. daaaaaaang.

anyway, sucks for that guy. sad when a cage drives across lanes of traffic. let's hope he makes a full recovery, regardless of who's at fault.
, I could care less, lol.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #73
Herf
Drum Geek.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2010 CBR 1000RR Witch!
Yours
Your Neighbors
Your Neighbors Neighbors
SPCA Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansodw76 View Post
For fvcks sake. I'm surprised at this point that I haven't seen cars in Houston with little silhouettes of motorcycles crossed out on the side like WWII fighter aces.
Dude sad to hear bout the riders....^^^^ but that was fvnny!...^^^
Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #74
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #75
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
i don't know what world you live in .. but nothing depends on nothing and fact is you have said dirty money on your person .. case closed guilty
I know it's a funny concept, but it's called logic. There are a few people in the real world who use it. Try applying it to your 'scenario' and the information provided in this accident thread.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #76
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
That would be dependent on if the money went from my pocket to the bank or the bank to my pocket now wouldn't it...and it'd be what those nifty investigators are for.

...and I've found most accident investigators tend to be pretty sharp.

Got proof the two riders were NOT speeding?
1) Cant prove a negative. It is logically and mathematically impossible.

2) Last time I checked, people are innocent until proven guilty. The investigators job is to provide evidence to prove they WERE speeding - not just claim they were and call it a day.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #77
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post

2) Last time I checked, people are innocent until proven guilty. The investigators job is to provide evidence to prove they WERE speeding - not just claim they were and call it a day.
Check more of my posts... They'll have a chance in court to prove otherwise. Logic would dictate the the 'investigators' did more then drive up, look and said they were 'speeding' or technicaly 'racing'... and the same process applies to the driver of the car.

Barring work related 'interuptions' I'll go through this thread and repost a 'notes' provided....and lets examine it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #78
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
"The car was coming from mcdonalds onto westhiemer, the bikes came from out of nowhere,
hit and spun the car onto the median,"
Speed limit?
Quote:
"35-40 mph"
I'm pretty sure it's posted as 35

Quote:
"I was there too. Some witnesses said the bikes were in fact "RACING". I also know it
is almost IMPOSSIBLE to jump out of that McDonalds. Theres a HUGE curb,
you have to do it slow or you bottom out bigtime. " - Morvegil
Quote:
"Investigators learned two Suzuki motorcycles were spotted traveling above the speed limit
west in the 9600 block of Westheimer at high speeds around 3:54 p.m. "
"As a tan Chrysler Concorde was leaving a Phillips 66 gas station and attempting to get
into the left turn lane, both motorcycles crashed into the left side of the car,
authorities said"
Quote:
"Okay people... Here is the real story of what happened. The two bikes where on westheimer
drag racing each other and where traveling at high speeds. The car did not see the bikes
and the bikes struck the vehicle. I am at ben taub now because I have to sit on the
riders. One of them is in critical condition and does not look good. The other is doing
good with some broken bones and other issues but is expected to make a recovery.
He is also facing criminal charges hence why I am having to stay with him at the hospital.
Neither one of these guys where wearing helmets..." - BadApple

Quote:
"eye witness' states they where racing. The one who is doing good said they where going really really fast." -Bad Apple
We've got what appears to be multiple reports of speed exceeding the posted limit, an accident investigator that attributes
speed as the cause of the accident. We have a statement from a leo-member that one of the riders admitted to going "Really, really fast".
Logic would imply (consider from a leo/investigator standpoint) because of multiple motorcycles involved, both traveling at comparative speeds which (by witness statements)
were exceeding the posted limit that racing was a strong likelyhood.

Quote:
"its just you.. cause i've seen bikes hit cars at high speeds .. and you have to dig the bikes out of
the car ... or like last year the bike that cut the suv in half and killed 3 if i remember right"-badzx14r
Degree of damage is going to be dependent on speed, angle of impact, location of impact. Logic dicates
damage from a 90mph impact is going to be greater than that of a 50mph impact etc. 'High Speed' is relative
to the posted speed limit. 65 in a 55 isn't much compared to 65 ni a 30-35mph zone.
Impacting a large, weakly supported area vs a heavily support area are also going to display different
visual appearances.
Look at the strike areas... you don't think these might be stronger than a door? Heck, if I can find the
photos..I can show you an 80mph+ direct hit that left considerably less visible damage. Key word being visible.
Both bikes appear to have impacted the car at fairly solid areas, not potentially weaker points, like maybe dead center strike on a door.
(any mechanics/body guys able to confirm/disprove or comment on this?)

Quote:
Don't expect him, anyone too... comment made to judge/assess reaction.

Quote:
2) Last time I checked, people are innocent until proven guilty. The investigators job is to
provide evidence to prove they WERE speeding - not just claim they were and call it a day.
Do you REALLY think the investigator just peeked out his window and arbitrarily decided the cause/fault
without actually examining the accident scene?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #79
BoricuaStyle
Team LSR

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki Gsxr 600
03 Yamaha R1
05 Suzuki gsxr 600

you took d words N feelings outta me !!!!!

thats exactly how i feel also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
It gets on my nerves, when people/cops/news find ANY way to make the seriously injured or possibly dead biker at fault when a car PULLS OUT in front of them. Bottom line, a car pulled out into oncoming traffic, irregardless to whether or not the oncoming was speeding that dumb a$$ shoulda took more caution in crossing 3-4 lns of traffic. If it was a car that hit the cager, speed would not even be in the discussion, or the cager coulda paid a costly mistake for what appeared to be HIS/HER impatient mistake.

Westheimer SUCKS, all the cagers take CRAZY chances to get out of driveways/side streets because traffic is coming continously and fast. People are NEVER patient enough to wait for clearance, and let's not even talk about the afternoon sun, which causes sudden blindness when it shines in the right direction. I typically make it a point to avoid that street when ever I'm on the bike.

Prayers sent for the fallen.
BoricuaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #80
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

not me, you do 100mph down a 30, any accident is "your" fault.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement