MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #41
killabrew

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06 katana

sad sad day... that is why i stay off westheimer period... no one ever pays attention on westheimer
killabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who's been to that tax office on gessner? lbjasonc Off Topic 2 06-13-2012 10:50 AM
Rider down on Westheimer b/t Gessner and Fondren Aprtmrnt complex chingwa14 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 09-12-2011 09:02 AM
Northwest riders who want to meet and ride to James Coney on westheimer noy609 Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-03-2011 04:46 PM
Just got t-boned on s gessner zombiejesus Off Topic 14 04-23-2010 04:47 PM
Hooters on Gessner and Westheimer 1/20/08? Mr. Sparkles Events, Meets and Rides 12 01-19-2008 09:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #42
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabrew View Post
sad sad day... that is why i stay off westheimer period... no one ever pays attention on westheimer
Get back to work foo...LOL
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabrew View Post
LOL DK is multitasking right now.
1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #44
killabrew

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06 katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
LOL DK is multitasking right now.
thats how i roll!!!!
killabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #45
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

Was the bikes honda and suzuki?
drksollomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #46
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Stop always assuming cagers are at fault. Thankfully the cager is ok after going through this experience of having two bikes at incredible speeds coming at his vehicle.

Looks like by the picture that if the bikers were a few feet more to the right one of them would not only be facing the loss of his friend, broken bones, and racing charges, but also manslaughter charges and many years in prison. Seems to me he came off lucky this time and hopefully he learnt his lesson.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #47
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

crazy. im sure they were hard on the brakes which is why the damage on the car doesnt look like it was hit at very high speed.also im not saying they were racing or not but with the loud exhausts on todays bikes you dont have to be goin very fast to be loud. some people cant distinguish between loud and racing loud. just my 2 cents but also i stay away from westheimer. i had a friend that bought a new R6 the day after i got mine just so i wouldnt look better than him. and he would always invite me out on rides. not during the day but at night, and where you ask? just guess....

prayers sent
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #48
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

If its the two guys I thnk it is they they both work together and one off them own the resturants. Very cool guys my wife called and told me but I didn't thnk it was that bad . Man . Prayers for them.
drksollomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #49
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

prayers sent.

One time a buddy and mine were riding down loop 336 in Conroe. We stopped at the shell station and a cop pulled in. He said the he had received calls that we were "racing" on 336. We were not.

Moral of that little story....just cuz a cager eye witness says bikes were racing, doesnt mean they were. What appears to be "racing" to a cager that has no clue just how fast these bikes can go, doesnt mean it was racing. , they may think that 65mph on westheimer is "racing."
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #50
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

RIP
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #51
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #52
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
thank you . same thing here .. group ride 12 bikes .. car going 45 in a 70 ..group pass car .. only to meet a road block 10 miles down road .. cops said somebody called in cause bikes were RACING on highway ... ..
Yea a group and I had basically the same thing happen to us comming back from fville...about 5 took off down 290 way ahead of the rest of the group...they were long gone when we got stopped for supposidly "racing"...oh well...I guess its just something to expect
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #53
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

prayers sent.. Hope they make it out. There sure were alot of bikes out this weekend and hardly any of them had full gear on.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #54
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Okay people... Here is the real story of what happened. The two bikes where on westheimer drag racing each other and where traveling at high speeds. The car did not see the bikes and the bikes struck the vehicle.
I am at ben taub now because I have to sit on the riders. One of them is in critical condition and does not look good. The other is doing good with some broken bones and other issues but is expected to make a recovery. He is also facing criminal charges hence why I am having to stay with him at the hospital. Neither one of these guys where wearing helmets...

So before candy and everyone else jumps to a conclusion that they know nothing about kno this...it was the motorcyclist fault.

So send your prayers to the fallen riders...because of their actions, one of them
May not make it through the night...very very sad

y do I get singled out by name.....

Thanks for including the details that they were racing, that's a no no on Westheimer of all places.

But again, unless these dudes were travelling at the speed of LIGHT, there is no way this cager SHOULDN't have seen them coming if he.she woulda been paying better attention while exiting the drive.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #55
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
y do I get singled out by name.....

Thanks for including the details that they were racing, that's a no no on Westheimer of all places.

But again, unless these dudes were travelling at the speed of LIGHT, there is no way this cager SHOULDN't have seen them coming if he.she woulda been paying better attention while exiting the drive.
I read your post first...thats all...

We where not there so we can not sit here and make judgments on who was in the right or who was in the wrong. I do know that the bikes where traveling at a very very fast rate of speed.

The rider i talked to said that the car came out of no where, he locked up his brakes and struck the car. At those speeds anyones reaction time is reduced significantly.

As for racing, once again i have no clue what happened, i was not there, i can't say if they where or where not racing.

I do know that the after the investigation the motorcyclist are being held at fault, not the car.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #56
aliefjoker

I wonder if these guys were at the All Team Bash at Bear Creek? I read the story on Chronicle's website last night and when looking for more info, I saw another rider was killed in The Galleria and one on an entry ramp on 45. R.I.P. to all

Here's a pic of the bikes at Bear Creek:
IMG00073 20090607 140deleted

I know the last four to the right left early enough to where two of them could have ended up on Westhiemer in time to be involved in that wreck
aliefjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #57
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Hey BadApple....

Who said they were racing? What is a high rate of speed? Who said it was a high rate of speed?

I think yall may put a little too much stock in what someone "witnesses."

Maybe I am just finding it hard to believe that someone would "race" on westhiemer, mid afternoon, on a weekend.

I DOUBT, they were racing. Speeding...probably...racing...I doubt.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #58
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post

Maybe I am just finding it hard to believe that someone would "race" on westhiemer, mid afternoon, on a weekend.
I find it hard to believe that people ride in t-shirts, shorts, and without helmets but they do. They could have been racing from one traffic light to the next
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I find it hard to believe that people ride in t-shirts, shorts, and without helmets but they do. They could have been racing from one traffic light to the next
Why do you find it hard to believe that people ride in t shirts, shorts and w/o helmets.

You never did?

Catch me at Galveston and you might find me in that....and Crocs.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #60
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

By the way.Drag racing is a sport.Street racing is a crime
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement