MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Erion Honda's Jake Zemke and Chris Peris times disallowed

Quote:
More On Erion Hondas And Their Fuel
failed one of three tests
by evan williams
Saturday, June 06, 2009
The times from Erion Honda's Jake Zemke and Chris Peris were disallowed on Friday after Superpole, even though both riders had qualified first and third, respectively.

AMA Pro has three tests for the spec Sonoco fuel and according to Colin Fraser and Bill Syfan of AMA Pro, the Erion fuel failed the dielectric portion of the test and was significantly out of the acceptable range.

It bears stating that both riders were not "disqualified" from the event, just that their times from Superpole were wiped clean and the team is now on probation.

Both riders qualified for the race on Saturday morning.

Soup attempted to get a quote on the matter from Kevin Erion, but the team owner declined to comment.

This is the first time there has been a penalty imposed since the series went to a spec fuel.

ENDS
they got off light!
imo if you're caught with anything other than the control fuel and the gas supplier does not issue a statement admitting mistake/mix-up/fault then you are cheating!!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zemke = Hopper tiatool Taking it to the Track 6 05-03-2009 08:58 AM
Zemke to WSBK, oopps sorry no you are not alrova Taking it to the Track 4 05-09-2008 03:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I agree. I thought spec fuel means all the teams get it from the same supplier. Are they allowed to modify the fuel in any way?
Seems like everyone would be out of whack if these guys were.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Yeah, when I read that, I didn't get it.

I don't understand fuel well enough. Would evaporation affect the levels of certain compounds? I mean, wouldn't that increase the concentration of the other bits?

I have a hard time believing someone would hire an chemical engineer to tamper with the fuel.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Failing the dielectric test generally means there's alcohol in the fuel. It could be a mistake and its just ethanol........which offers no performance advantage, but will still disqualify you, or it could be methanol.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Failing the dielectric test generally means there's alcohol in the fuel. It could be a mistake and its just ethanol........which offers no performance advantage, but will still disqualify you, or it could be methanol.

The implication being that an additive was used then?

I'd like to hear something from Mr Erion..
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

I just don't like the vague wording in all this. Spec fuel was out of spec. times disallowed, but not disqualified. To me that means they can't proved it was tampered with and that it could naturally occur.

Me no rikey
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
they got off light!
imo if you're caught with anything other than the control fuel and the gas supplier does not issue a statement admitting mistake/mix-up/fault then you are cheating!!

Its gay gay gay, and I hope the dumbass motorsuck gaggle goes under and the old ama comes back. The spec fuel is gay, gas even the oxygenated stuff is only worth a couple hp all it is is a eclusive b.s for there manufacturer. GAY!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
The implication being that an additive was used then?

I'd like to hear something from Mr Erion..
Pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
I just don't like the vague wording in all this. Spec fuel was out of spec. times disallowed, but not disqualified. To me that means they can't proved it was tampered with and that it could naturally occur.

Me no rikey
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that because it was JUST a dielectric test they couldn't prove that the fuel was an advantage? Like I said, you'll fail pretty close to the same whether the fuel is tainted with ethanol or methanol. Ethanol won't make more power, but methanol will.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement