MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
BlackWidow
The Doctor
 
BlackWidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)






Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Did you mention my name to Tim? I just spoke with him a couple of days ago regarding the new video capabilities in the software.
Ofcourse. I even mentioned to him about how your bike is radio shack on wheels and how your videos inspired me towards racepak. He laughed and said I appreciate the rep Curt gives us.

Your lucky to have him in your area, our techs have a hard time with some of the motorcycle guys not being able to setit up correctly.

__________________
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Ofcourse. I even mentioned to him about how your bike is radio shack on wheels and how your videos inspired me towards racepak. He laughed and said I appreciate the rep Curt gives us.

Your lucky to have him in your area, our techs have a hard time with some of the motorcycle guys not being able to setit up correctly.

The software can be a little daunting at first, but it gets easier.

BTW, the manual doesn't talk about it in detail, but be aware that you can mount it either direction. The default direction is mounting the unit such that the memory card is pointed in the direction of forward travel. However, since I have mine mounted in the tail section, I need the memory card at the back so I can remove it more easily. If you have that same situation, you might consider reprogramming it in your car instead of trying to do it on the bike. Reprogramming the direction of travel requires that you slow from 60 mph at .25 g's or higher while holding one of the buttons on the display. Pretty tough on a bike.

Speaking of which, toss it in the car and plug it into the cigarette lighter and put the antenna on the roof. Then you can play with it before mounting to the bike.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #23
BlackWidow
The Doctor
 
BlackWidow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)






Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
The software can be a little daunting at first, but it gets easier.

BTW, the manual doesn't talk about it in detail, but be aware that you can mount it either direction. The default direction is mounting the unit such that the memory card is pointed in the direction of forward travel. However, since I have mine mounted in the tail section, I need the memory card at the back so I can remove it more easily. If you have that same situation, you might consider reprogramming it in your car instead of trying to do it on the bike. Reprogramming the direction of travel requires that you slow from 60 mph at .25 g's or higher while holding one of the buttons on the display. Pretty tough on a bike.

Speaking of which, toss it in the car and plug it into the cigarette lighter and put the antenna on the roof. Then you can play with it before mounting to the bike.
Oh man this is going to be a challenge, the way the new R6 tail section is . I'm thinking of having a peice of my tail section cut... to have easy access in/out to the memory card kind of like a small slip in mail box
__________________
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #24
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Oh man this is going to be a challenge, the way the new R6 tail section is . I'm thinking of having a peice of my tail section cut... to have easy access in/out to the memory card kind of like a small slip in mail box
The memory card is a bit of a pain in the to remove on my bike. But I only pull it out when the bike gets back home, so it's not a really big deal. But I have to remove the tail fairing to get it out now with the race plastics on the bike.

BTW, I modified my tail section so I could mount the G2X flush in the tail interior.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #25
callmefong
Leanin' like a gas gauge!
 
callmefong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 195

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
07 GSX-R 600









Send a message via AIM to callmefong
awesome! where did you get the Rossi keychain?!
callmefong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #26
1slocbr
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ethiopia
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,737

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6








User is banned

.
1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #27
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here
 
Mr Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,256

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)



Member Garage





I think I need one of those......... or want.

I checked out their site. The infrared tire temperature sensors would be really cool to have. Probably not very helpful, but would be neat to see how fast the tire heats up without using warmers and where it gets the hottest.

The suspension travel sensors would be nice, too.
__________________
I am a Nobody. Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am perfect.
Mr Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #28
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richards View Post
I think I need one of those......... or want.

I checked out their site. The infrared tire temperature sensors would be really cool to have. Probably not very helpful, but would be neat to see how fast the tire heats up without using warmers and where it gets the hottest.

The suspension travel sensors would be nice, too.
Suspension travel would be the schnitz. I'd be looking for an infrared mechanism, however, rather than mechanical.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:24 AM   #29
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
awesome sauce!
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy