MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
cbr600F4

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Question Help needed!

I am having a problem with my 99 cbr600f4. Seems like thats all I have with this thing

The bike is running very rich. I can tell by the smell and how rough it runs, almost sounds as if it is out of timing. I checked to see if I was a cylinder down by starting it up and feeling each of the pipes coming out of the engine. All got hot enough to where I couldn't touch them with in +/- 30 seconds. I tried adjusting the carb, all that did was make the idle go up and down, not sound any better. My carbs should be plenty clean. I had them jetted awhile back and have since put 2 tanks of gas through them. I have new plugs in, so I don't think it could be that. The only thing I have change is I put a intergated tail light on. Soon after that, the bike started running the way it is now. I guess I will leave it at that, start shooting me some questions, and maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks guys/gals

Owner - Texas Hydrographics
www.texashg.com
cbr600F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help needed! dpberdo17 How To's and Q & A's 5 09-03-2014 01:14 PM
Help Needed C.Hern5972 Car Forum 23 10-12-2011 09:11 AM
Help Needed Captain Off Topic 16 04-10-2010 09:02 AM
PC TECHS Needed: Seagate PCB Needed *Pic Inside* Los Off Topic 8 10-20-2009 09:45 PM
help needed rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 03-25-2006 12:14 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

carbs are dirty adjusting the idle will not solve anthing except give you a natural cruise control.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
cbr600F4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
carbs are dirty adjusting the idle will not solve anthing except give you a natural cruise control.

I agree, I wasn't adjusting the idle tho, I was adjsting the fuel/air ratio screws

www.texashg.com
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
cobrakiller02

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
To many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr600F4 View Post
I agree, I wasn't adjusting the idle tho, I was adjsting the fuel/air ratio screws
are they all set the same abount of turns and how many turns did you take them out?cause what you have a is a carb prob. also you might just need a carb sync
Old 06-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
slo_rdr

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

+1 on the carb sync - try some SeaFoam 1st, then have them sync'd. Then ride the snot out of it - worked for mine.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
cbr600F4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_rdr View Post
+1 on the carb sync - try some SeaFoam 1st, then have them sync'd. Then ride the snot out of it - worked for mine.
On a carb sync, would I tighten the screws all the way down and back them out at the same rate??

I know I would rather take it in to do this. But I need to do it on my own. Getting married and a child on the way is eating my money.

www.texashg.com
Old 06-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr600F4 View Post
On a carb sync, would I tighten the screws all the way down and back them out at the same rate??

I know I would rather take it in to do this. But I need to do it on my own. Getting married and a child on the way is eating my money.
your gonna have to buy the tools to do it yourself. if you dont them just clean the carbs and bring your bike into a shop that does. it should minimize your expense and youll more than likely be allowed to watch and learn if your super duper nice to them.
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement