MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #41
Gruntus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 GSX-R 1000 MMedi.

Send a message via Yahoo to Gruntus
At the risk of being FLAMED, I am a P.O. and have been for 8 years now. There are a few reasons that the Poepoes , 5-0, LAWZ, etc. will flash you. 1 is a warning. Like saying, "Yer not doing anything that would make me want to get out of my shop. But I do need to let you know that your messing up - a little bit." The other reason you could get a flash from the law is, "Hello, Sweet bike, Don't I know you." That kind of thing. As far as why a cop will get right up your while your driving, that has do do with checking your plate. As I am sure most of you know, bikes are pretty easy to steal. and with the way most plates are mounted these days you have to be close. We run plates all the time, and I am sure that if your bike was jacked then you would want us to do what we do.
If you see cops out in riding areas (hamburger wed) it is because people are calling and complaining. The law goes where the MAN tells it.

In parting most L.E. love bikes - I have never met a cop who had a problems with bikers (except old-heads from years back when a lot of bikers were turdz)

----I know this is my first post here its just that I am looking to get another bike and this thread caught my eye.
----Free legal advice. If you get popped by the police and you and officer know you screwed up, be honest. If he is going to put paper on you then you stand a better chance of getting out of it by being honest. I don't do much traffic but when I do stop someone car / truck / bike, if they start out with I know I screwed up and ---whatever they did---- then I usually just check them on the computer and send them home. This is as long as they didn't just drive through a house or hit a box of kittens.

LeFin
Gruntus is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cops vs. Bikes yz117 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 09-10-2010 05:07 AM
I hate thieves but I love cops!!! JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 29 06-11-2009 02:03 PM
tHIS IS WHY CARS HATE BIKES!!!!! SPYDER BITE General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-19-2008 05:54 AM
Why do cops hate me so much? Seriously! Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 152 06-05-2007 05:42 AM
what do u hate to see on bikes?!!!!! PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 07-12-2005 03:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #42
TxVrod

Freaky!!! These were JUST posted on the V-Rod forum

TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

yikes i'm going thru OK late fri night............V1 to the rescue........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

the VFR is in japan

COPS HATE BIKES!

not sure about this busa

and i've seen some BMW used by our sheriffs
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 10-12-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #45
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 03-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #46
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

a fleet of them
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Old 03-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

stunta LEO
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Old 03-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #48
Btrthnezr3
It means Better Than Ezra

Send a message via AIM to Btrthnezr3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
stunta LEO
Hahaha!!! :laughing6
Btrthnezr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #49
Lobo

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntus
We run plates all the time, and I am sure that if your bike was jacked then you would want us to do what we do.

In parting most L.E. love bikes - I have never met a cop who had a problems with bikers

Yes I appreciate y'all running plates If mine was stolen I would certainly want you to run plates and possibly recover it bbefore it makes it over the border....

As for LEO liking bikes...... Used to ride with one myself out in the Forest and 3090, even seen a few hang out with the stunters wishing they could wheelie theirs.

As for the flashing I have been flashed a time or two, pulling a wheelie away from a stop light to impress the Hottie in the car next to me and get flashed by an oncoming cop.

I wouldn't exactly say they hate bikes, In a way I think they are looking out for us too..... Keeping us in check so they dont have to roll up on a bad scene involving us bikers. I know I hated it as an EMT, always feared a bike accident was someone I knew.

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #50
WideTurn

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
95 CBR F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR6
but if you boys painted your bike pink, cops might let you go.... or take you home w/ them...
JenR6, were you on 290 Sunday with 2 other sportbikes? I was out there riding with my wife and saw 3 bikes heading away from the belt. The pink definitely stood out. Don't remember the time though, somewhere between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM I guess. LOL
WideTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #51
Stormrider
FLY BY U

Bike(s):
05 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR6
I've never gotten away w/ any tickets before (in a car)...
never gotten pulled over on my bike before (cuz i ride like a grandma)... <knock on wood>

but if you boys painted your bike pink, cops might let you go.... or take you home w/ them...
Ha, Ha you would look great on the MARY KAY PINK, nut for us boys we do not look good on MARY KANE at all. rather get the ticket then go home withthe cops.:icon_bigg
[ :icon_smil :icon_smil
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #52
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntus
At the risk of being FLAMED, I am a P.O. and have been for 8 years now. There are a few reasons that the Poepoes , 5-0, LAWZ, etc. will flash you. 1 is a warning. Like saying, "Yer not doing anything that would make me want to get out of my shop. But I do need to let you know that your messing up - a little bit." The other reason you could get a flash from the law is, "Hello, Sweet bike, Don't I know you." That kind of thing. As far as why a cop will get right up your while your driving, that has do do with checking your plate. As I am sure most of you know, bikes are pretty easy to steal. and with the way most plates are mounted these days you have to be close. We run plates all the time, and I am sure that if your bike was jacked then you would want us to do what we do.
If you see cops out in riding areas (hamburger wed) it is because people are calling and complaining. The law goes where the MAN tells it.

In parting most L.E. love bikes - I have never met a cop who had a problems with bikers (except old-heads from years back when a lot of bikers were turdz)

----I know this is my first post here its just that I am looking to get another bike and this thread caught my eye.
----Free legal advice. If you get popped by the police and you and officer know you screwed up, be honest. If he is going to put paper on you then you stand a better chance of getting out of it by being honest. I don't do much traffic but when I do stop someone car / truck / bike, if they start out with I know I screwed up and ---whatever they did---- then I usually just check them on the computer and send them home. This is as long as they didn't just drive through a house or hit a box of kittens.

LeFin
Hey thanks for trying to keep the peace out on the road. When I see a cop on the road they usually run up behind me and then cut-off. Got quite a few friends and relatives that are 5-0. All of you have my respect.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement