MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

thoughts on Alpinestar suits?

thinking of picking up a track suit. i'm digging the Alpinestar ones. any of you have experience with any of their suits? looking at the SG-1.

should i be looking at any other makers? currently wearing a borrowed teknic (size 42) and it fits nice.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Closeouts.aspx

any opinions/thoughts appreciated.

thanks in advance!

CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pressure Suits CDN_bacon Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 11 02-22-2012 09:40 AM
1 piece suits bdubb Motorcycles Unlimited 5 09-18-2007 07:45 PM
Dainese Suits bdubb Gear Talk 10 09-18-2007 03:07 PM
Cheap suits Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 08-08-2007 11:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I have an RC1 - 2 piece. Seems nice but I am yet to try it on the track. I will do so next Monday @ H2R with Elite.
I have seen the suit you picked and it look very nice, I don;t like the fact it doesn't have a hump though.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

I have an Alpinestars RC-1 1-piece suit that I've had for a little under a year now. It's been down 3 times, 2 of them were hard (was hospitalized the last time, about 2 weeks ago at Hallett). The suit has no damage other than some scuffs/scrapes - none of the stitchings blew out, none of the zippers came apart..all in all it's a really solid suit and I'm really happy with it. The only thing I don't like is it's pretty bulky at the knees, there's just a LOT of padding down there.

Just like anything you buy, though, when you get a less expensive suit you're sacrificing quality to save a few bucks.
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
switch
two fifty

thanks for the input. i don't care either way about the hump. and for the quality, i know its not one of the 'high end' suits, but alpinestar makes good stuff right? haven't heard bad things about their suits yet
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
Old 06-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
OJgsxr

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
I had one of their 2 piece suits that I went down in 2x and it held together great, all I had was a scrape on the knee from the first one (high side) and a broken collar bone from the second one (nothing the suit can do to protect against that). I just bought an RC-1, 1-piece suit and love it. It fits well, just a little tighter than the 2 piece suit but that's how it goes.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
2 Wheel Toyz
Site Vendor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda
Harley

I have a 42, 44 and a 46 of that suit in stock right now on closeout for only 420 bucks each. Come down to the store and try one out. I also have the Alpinestars SG-1, Charger, SP-1 and Trigger suits in stock as well as suits by Speed and Strength and Joe Rocket in stock every day at low prices for all MH members. Come by or give us a call at 713-946-2400.

Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Parts & Accessories -2 Wheel Toyz

Monday-Friday 9:30-5:00
2 Wheel Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
VenaSera
I pwn!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Member Garage

That's the suit I plan on ordering this week!
VenaSera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
switch
two fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxercat View Post
I have a 42, 44 and a 46 of that suit in stock right now on closeout for only 420 bucks each. Come down to the store and try one out. I also have the Alpinestars SG-1, Charger, SP-1 and Trigger suits in stock as well as suits by Speed and Strength and Joe Rocket in stock every day at low prices for all MH members. Come by or give us a call at 713-946-2400.
i know gixxercat, i wanna come check them out but work is currently holding me down. gonna shoot for this weekend. could you please pm me the prices for the SP-1, Charger, and Trigger suits? also what model speed & strength suits do you have?
CMRA #250