MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Online or Local Dealer?

Where do most of you guys buy your gear or accessories, online or from your local dealers? So far since I've got my riding gear from where I bought my bike (Stubbs 59). But as far as seeing the product before hand or are ther any place as cheap as getting it online?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you buy your tires online separately, or through the local shop/dealer Mustapha General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 12-12-2014 01:11 PM
Local R.A.M. Mount dealer? Truckin_Thumper General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-23-2012 09:43 PM
how to find local stuff online, with prices etc? urbanXJ Off Topic 1 03-14-2012 11:19 AM
Anyone a salesman for a local Ford dealer? ZXALAN Off Topic 39 06-08-2011 07:09 AM
help!!! need to finde a local hid dealer camaroz2866 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-16-2010 11:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
jcsanchez68

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Price match

You should give the sponsors and local dealer the opportunity to earn your business just vist the one you like and be prepared with links and printouts of your findings and most of the time if it is a fair deal you will get it for the same price.

I do that all the time and customers leave happy
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

www.bikebandit.com
www.newenough.com
www.motorcyclesuperstore.com <---- free shipping over $75

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

cycle gear is the best for local shops IMO, they have plenty of inventory on their shelves, this is good to find out what size you are in just about anything you may need. and just as anyone else can, they can order what ever the heck you want.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
kinnlyn

Bike(s):
ninja 636
crf 230
ninja500 sold
ninja 650r wrecked

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
I've purchased all my gear from these sites. Have been very happy so far. I've also purchased Dainese boots on ebay. MUCH cheaper than stores. All things were in perfect condition.
kinnlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Online mostly. It would be different if the local dealers actually knew about their product AND had stuff in stock in my size AND carried something other than or the most expensive stuff on the planet.

I have unfortunately discovered that the local dealers product knowledge consists of "Yeah, we sell a lot of those". I've even had some local "dealers" tell me that all the stitching on the cheap "diamond plate" leather jackets made them stronger...

I figure if I have to do all the product research, I may as well get it for as cheap as possible from an online shop.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Spiderman
Outkasts C.C.

Bike(s):
06 Katana 750 (sold)
94 FXR, 75 Sportster
98 Buell S1, 79 Shovel
95 Kawi KZ1000P (Madmax)
mini chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Online mostly. It would be different if the local dealers actually knew about their product AND had stuff in stock in my size AND carried something other than or the most expensive stuff on the planet.

I have unfortunately discovered that the local dealers product knowledge consists of "Yeah, we sell a lot of those". I've even had some local "dealers" tell me that all the stitching on the cheap "diamond plate" leather jackets made them stronger...

I figure if I have to do all the product research, I may as well get it for as cheap as possible from an online shop.
My sentiments also. Plus I hear " we can order that for you" a lot. Well I can order it too, online in my underwear.

Cycle gear on the north side sucks as does Motorcycle-Superstore. At least in my dealings with them. New enough is top notch and located in Texas.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Dobeman

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki 250R
2009 Yamaha Rhino Sport
2001 Suzuki DRZ400S

Don't forget about www.kneedraggers.com. I too have been told " I can order it for you". So, I did. Then I found item at a dealer (needed item immediately) and bought it. Called the "I can order it for you" guy the next day to cancel. They said sorry, we have to cahre you a re-stocking charge? What? A re-stocking charge for something they did not have in stock and had to order? Never again. BTW, it was a site sponsor who I had done business with before. Not no more!
Dobeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement