MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #21
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
The Irish Mick
The Lil Brother

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 500
82 Kawi Kz750

OMG that is a sick friggen bike.

The Irish Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #23
Tumper
Hullo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

All Blacked out is the way to go...

My old beater:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pics 035 Smaller.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	23769
Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
superduke
Dont be That Guy.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
00 XR400R
Black 08 Speed Triple (sold)
05 R1 (sold)
05 R6 (sold
85 VF1000R (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to superduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
your exhaust is freaking sweet dude. and i love that rear wheel. such a cool looking bike. only part i'm iffy on is the headlights. are there any other options for the lights?
Thanks man, as far as the headlights go thats an S3 signature. Wanna say they have been running the dual headlights since 96 or 97. I need to take them off and have them powdercoated black, along with my upper tripple clamp and rearsets.
superduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #25
moduleum

moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #26
superduke
Dont be That Guy.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
00 XR400R
Black 08 Speed Triple (sold)
05 R1 (sold)
05 R6 (sold
85 VF1000R (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to superduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by moduleum View Post
One thing I plan on doing almost immediately is powder coating the headlight housings black to get rid of that out-of-place chrome.
No doubt, I plan on doing the same thing. Your bike looks great btw. I love the MadDocter Fender Eliminator. Its sweet.
superduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Experience: 1-3 months

Gorgeous moto. I would love to graduate from my FZ6 to a Street Triple.

laguna sig
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #28
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Years ago I worked at a local Triumph dealer part time for a few years so I got to work on and ride all of them.....The S3 was always my favorite.....well right behind the T595 and original Daytona 955i. Once they switched to the traditional style swing arm, I lost the love for the Daytonas.....too main stream. I really like how the 675 looks, I wish they made a big bore version of it......but if I was gonna by a new Triumph, it would be the S3...

Congrats on the new bike!.....

PS...Don't worry about over paying, you got what you want and thats all that matters. When I bought my 01 1000 back in 07, I couldn't find the color scheme I wanted after searching for a nice one for months, I eventually found a 4k mile virgin in Michigan and shipped it to League City. I payed full retail for it + $650 to ship it... To this day I still don't regret it.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs

Last edited by ZXALAN; 06-02-2009 at 11:36 AM.
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
moduleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Years ago I worked at a local Triumph dealer part time for a few years so I got to work on and ride all of them.....The S3 was always my favorite.....well right behind the T595 and original Daytona 955i. Once they switched to the traditional style swing arm, I lost the love for the Daytonas.....too main stream. I really like how the 675 looks, I wish they made a big bore version of it......but if I was gonna by a new Triumph, it would be the S3...

Congrats on the new bike!.....

PS...Don't worry about over paying, you got what you want and thats all that matters. When I bought my 01 1000 back in 07, I couldn't find the color scheme I wanted after searching for a nice one for months, I eventually found a 4k mile virgin in Michigan and shipped it to League City. I payed full retail for it + $650 to ship it... To this day I still don't regret it.
I really like how the 675 looks as well. I think there was rumor to be a big bore version in 2010, but it's probably just hearsay.

Yeah, I was looking for sooo long that I just went for it. I tried to lowball a guy in New Mexico a while back and could have gotten the bike well below what I paid for this one, but oh well. I've saved up so much cash from the middle east that it doesn't really matter anyway.

Just called the shipper yesterday and it should be delivered to my brother's house on Thursday. woot!
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement