MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #21
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
spies needs to bitchslap hayden off the duck.
why??????????
unless your name is Stoner or Bayliss (or alrova cause he's besotted) you want to give those things as wide a birth as possible imo
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edwards and Spies eye top six in 2010 opener SPOILER gsxrjai Taking it to the Track 10 04-14-2010 12:33 PM
Edwards and Spies to ride for Tech 3 in 2010 SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 47 10-02-2009 12:27 AM
MOTOGP: Rossi linked with Ferrari following F1 dispute Grinchy Taking it to the Track 26 05-21-2009 12:41 AM
Spies Turns Down Suzuki Ride - MOTOGP Spoiler inside alrova Taking it to the Track 14 06-27-2008 11:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
Is this a new rule for this year? If not, might want explain how Lorenzo had his factory ride last year..
I was wondering the same thing.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
why??????????
unless your name is Stoner or Bayliss (or alrova cause he's besotted) you want to give those things as wide a birth as possible imo
:t humb:
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!
 
GrayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Victoria, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,403


Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50






Noooo don't do it Spies
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 420

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)









Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
spies needs to bitchslap hayden off the duck.
Nicky's performance (or lack thereof) has totally substantiated Meladri's lackluster riding when he was on the bike. The Duck obviously takes a special kind of riding style that only Stoner seems to have.

It really puts Ducati in a funny position in that if Stoner gets hurt or ends up going somewhere else they are screwed... which makes for some nice job security for Stoner. Conversely, nobody else is going to want to ride that thing because both Melandri and Hayden are fast, but have not been able to get their Duck's to work for them.

I would love to see what Spies could do on that bike. Heck... anybody else other than Stoner would be good for everyone.
__________________
Jeff Grant
jeffLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #26
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,797

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Yeah, Melandri is fast on last year's technology on last year's bike with no factory support... strange how he's doing better this year on that bike than any of them did last year on the same machine... maybe getting the factory out of the picture was the key

I hope Spies stays where he's at for next year and just romps the HAIL out of everyone at every race.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #27
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Joya, Ca
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 556

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled







Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
that's not hard really is it
he needs to set his sights higher than beating his teamate

Yea but beatin your teammate keeps your job.
__________________
Chuck Norris built my Motorcycle. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
Predator04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #28
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Yeah, Melandri is fast on last year's technology on last year's bike with no factory support... strange how he's doing better this year on that bike than any of them did last year on the same machine... maybe getting the factory out of the picture was the key

I hope Spies stays where he's at for next year and just romps the HAIL out of everyone at every race.
Tom, Marco is riding the 2009 Kawa developed over the winter before the decision to quit motoGP, it is a very different beast to the 08 bike.
Nevertheless, he has proved his worth I think everybody would agree.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
Ridesmart
Senior Member
 
Ridesmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,288

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track








...buy could someone replace Lorenzo? I think so...would love that cocky weasel be chopped off that team (although I do not see that happening either).

I was hoping Ben would remain at WSBK to get a championship or two before moving on to GP.
WSBK has been soooooooo much more exciting to watch with him there (IMO).

Way to go Ben!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
no one will ever replace Rossi
__________________
Ridesmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,797

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Tom, Marco is riding the 2009 Kawa developed over the winter before the decision to quit motoGP, it is a very different beast to the 08 bike.
Nevertheless, he has proved his worth I think everybody would agree.
Fair enough, but still no factory backing or support... whatever it is, he's ruling the roost these days out there no matter the make. I figger'd he'd be in the bottom of the list all year, didn't expect him to be competing for rostrums.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #31
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Fair enough, but still no factory backing or support... whatever it is, he's ruling the roost these days out there no matter the make. I figger'd he'd be in the bottom of the list all year, didn't expect him to be competing for rostrums.
I 100% agree, I was just splitting hairs with you

Go Marco
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #32
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,797

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I 100% agree, I was just splitting hairs with you

Go Marco
I've always been a fan of his, and it does the soul good to see him doing so well after all these years with "inferior" machinery. I hope he's able to keep it up!

Capirossi is another one of my fav's, but man, I've got to see Edwards on that top step sometime! He's my absolute fave!
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #33
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss
 
MacMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 364

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL









Colin is talking to the WSBK guys just to keep Tech3 on their toes.

Melandri is a solid rider who took the money instead of the good equipment.
I feel sorry for anyone other than Stoner on that beast. Nicky says it doesn't turn well and the electronics are awful.

Melandri and Hayden didnt forget how to ride when they donned the red leathers. I don't think Ben would like it either. He rides the front really hard and needs feel and grip like all the other great riders.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ben on a Tech3 ride next season.
Colin off to WSBK.
__________________
www.lstd.com
www.cmraracing.com
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #34
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I've always been a fan of his, and it does the soul good to see him doing so well after all these years with "inferior" machinery. I hope he's able to keep it up!

Capirossi is another one of my fav's, but man, I've got to see Edwards on that top step sometime! He's my absolute fave!
we like him here too
thing is with Spies, simoncelli, Bautista and even Pasini knocking on the door, will we see him in motogp next year???
I sure hope so.
I expect Toseland to make way for Spies!!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #35
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Colin is talking to the WSBK guys just to keep Tech3 on their toes.

Melandri is a solid rider who took the money instead of the good equipment.
I feel sorry for anyone other than Stoner on that beast. Nicky says it doesn't turn well and the electronics are awful.

Melandri and Hayden didnt forget how to ride when they donned the red leathers. I don't think Ben would like it either. He rides the front really hard and needs feel and grip like all the other great riders.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ben on a Tech3 ride next season.
Colin off to WSBK.
not sure I'd agree with that at all
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy