MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Patriot Guard Mission - Thursday

DoD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Pfc. Tina M. Priest, 20, of Austin, Texas, died in Taji, Iraq on March 1, from non-combat related injury. Priest was assigned to the 4th Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Divison, Fort Hood, Texas.
Family members said they had heard that Priest died from a gunshot wound to the chest. The Army is investigating.

a non combatant death and gunshot wound to the chest?

Her funeral will be on Thursday at 1000 hours in Smithville, Texas.
This is a fairly close ride and I will be heading out in the wee hours of Thursday morning if anybody wants to go.

From the Houston PGR ride captain :
Houston Area PGR members:

We still stage at 6:30 AM this Thursday at the WhataBurger at 1225 N Fry Rd, Katy, TX just off of I-10 on the North Side. They will lots of coffee to help you get in gear. We will leave at 7AM sharp. Our Route will be I-10 West to Hwy 71 north. Distance from Katy is 92 miles. Weather looks good 64 low 80 degree high, chance of rain late afteroon or night

You should have received this info in an e-mail from me by now, if not you are NOT on the Houston roster and you need to send me your e-mail address to me at pgrrchouston@yahoo.com

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patriot Guard Mission FlipSideUp Events, Meets and Rides 57 12-11-2007 06:45 AM
PATRIOT GUARD MISSION Houston, Texas ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-05-2006 07:23 AM
Another Patriot Guard Mission ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-15-2006 03:08 PM
Patriot Guard mission complete ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 03-10-2006 11:31 AM
Patriot Guard Mission tomorrow in greenville texas ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 2 02-22-2006 11:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

bbbbbbbump
its a good cause

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i'd like to go, but i'd probably give the Patriot Guard a bad name after i went and beat the living out of some protestor
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i'd like to go, but i'd probably give the Patriot Guard a bad name after i went and beat the living out of some protestor
understandable though

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 AM   #5
Neversatisfied02

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

What time would we be back? Ill have my bike by then and this would be a great break in ride but i just want to make sure ill be back for work. I gotta be at work in Baytown by 4:00pm.

Considering how early we would be leaving, im assuming we should be back by then.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
What time would we be back? Ill have my bike by then and this would be a great break in ride but i just want to make sure ill be back for work. I gotta be at work in Baytown by 4:00pm.

Considering how early we would be leaving, im assuming we should be back by then.
dude , I dunno, the funeral starts at 10 and its probably going to be one of those small town funerals where the whole town will be in the prosession or standing by the roadside waving flags. In otherwords, it might take a while 3 hours or more. then the ride back. your choice obviously, nobody is holding you to anything.
last funeral there was last year for the LT.'s remains they found in vietnam and the whole town was out for it, it took two hours to ride 2 miles following the marines with the casket

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #7
BrutusTx

Member Garage

There's a story about this on CNN's website.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/bts...als/index.html

I can't make this one, work has me ALL day.

Last edited by BrutusTx; 03-07-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
Hoguer
Hoguer

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda VTX 1300C
Honda VTX 1300C

From one Vet LOL. Its good thing that you do. Keep it up...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Dammnn!!! I am still in over here working.. Would love to go and bid farewell to a real hero. Scootertrash you good too..
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

from the patriot guard site forum, it seems as if this is going to be a huge turnout for Tina.
the cnn site article was a good one, (thanks brutas) it shows how low those turds (phelps family) really are. freaking unpatriotic inbreds

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #11
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
There's a story about this on CNN's website.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/bts...als/index.html

I can't make this one, work has me ALL day.
Dammn... Fukn inbred freaks:BangHead: It only takes one of them to tarnish the memory of my comrades.....I was about to call it a day and hit the hootch when i decided to check the site before snoozing.. This is so fukn heart breakin to see my country fightin like this... I am here south east of Baghdad ( a lovely little place called Sader City). I put my time in Desert Storm.. I am pulling duty as a civie this time but mortors and rockets and bullets dont discriminate. My , You Patriot Guard are the !!!! Death is bad enough , why put more hurt in a families heart? Thats exactly what the Phelps are doing.. When I get back from here it will be B4 the last soldier leaves here. If duty calls me to support a fallen comrade, I am there! I cant say how grateful the Patriot Guard is standing up for the families sake..
Bless all of you at home , who protect that front too.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #12
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i just don't understand how people can show so much restraint. i'm a nice guy, but if i saw them i'd seriously be tempted to drive my car into them.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #13
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i just don't understand how people can show so much restraint. i'm a nice guy, but if i saw them i'd seriously be tempted to drive my car into them.
I will go out on a limb here and predict that one day, they will show up to the wrong funeral and it will all end with a bang

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #14
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

The weather looks a little iffy but it will not stop me.

As I listened to the weather in my comfortable home, I can only think of the sacrifice this soldier has made to keep America free and allow me this privalige.

I am able to enjoy my children, and friends. This soldier has given the greatest gift of all, LIFE. There will not be any children, grandchildren but only the friends up to this point in her life.

The protesters have waken the sleeping dragon and we have created a national attention to their failing cause. Their screams, hollering and brightly colored picket signs will be drowned out by our silence of reverance and respect and the waving of Old Glory.

I have seen pictures of the some of the conditions existing in war front areas and I am not going to let the weatherman stop me from showing this soldier, their family and friends the honor they are due.

This will not be the first time you have experianced a little rain.
If you can possibly make it, please do.

storypatriotguardcnn

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 03-07-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

from the pgr forum

This is the final itinerary for the Patriot Guard Mission to honor PFC. Tina Marie Priest, who gave her all in Iraq. It is a go; all contacts have been made.

Services are Thursday , 09 Mar 2006 at 1000 hrs at the First Baptist Church, 300 Hudgins St. Smithville, TX. Interment, with full military honors, will follow at Oak Hill Cemetery, approximately 2 miles out of Smithville on HWY 95.

Ride Captains: Tad Eubanks(Bearwolf) and Joe Spelman (Master Chief) their phone numbers are Bear Wolf(512)677-1301 and Master Chief (210)386-3979.

Weather Report: Mostly cloudy. A 30 per cent chance of thunder showers and thunderstorms in the morning. High's in lower 80's. Dress accordingly; Iron Horses if you can. Bring flag poles and flags if you have them; flags on bikes would be great, but if you are in a cage, bring your big flags and any extras that you may have.

Staging Site and Time: From 0900 to 0930 hrs at the Parking lot of the VFW . The VFW is located on HWY 95, West (right) side of the road, before crossing the Colorado River Bridge coming from the North.

Departure : The departure time from the staging area (KSU) is approximately 0940 hrs after paper work, riders and safety meeting. All bikes will present a uniform appearance as we ride the short distance from the staging area to the First Baptist Church in a staggered formation. Anyone not able to stage at the VFW should meet at the Church.

Please remember that our mission is to respect and honor the fallen soldier and her family. Stand tall and proud as we salute this hero and her family for their greatest sacrifice.

Regards,

E. R. Stroud
(Wingman)
Cell 214 499-0123
Email trikeriders@comcast.net

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

is not to late to join up, the ride is leaving from katy fry road in the morning at 7 am

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #17
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Wish I could go, you guys ride safe, make a presence for the family , and show what this nation is really about..
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #18
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1
Wish I could go, you guys ride safe, make a presence for the family , and show what this nation is really about..
I got the bikes loaded on the trailer and am ready to head out at 5 am. gonna puss out and use the trailer because the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow morn and then I will unload at the vfw hall in Smithville and ride in the procession to the church and cemetary

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #19
TxVrod

bikeS as in plural? Who you goin with?
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #20
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
I got the bikes loaded on the trailer and am ready to head out at 5 am. gonna puss out and use the trailer because the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow morn and then I will unload at the vfw hall in Smithville and ride in the procession to the church and cemetary
trailer? don't be a poser! what would a bandito do???

Advertisement