MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks

I was at the track and had some Metzlers that were too old and felt like so I got a set of the Diablo Superbike slicks from the gentleman riding the bike around in the Pirelli shirt doing tire support at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Monday.

I have never ran Pirelli before. I ran one set of Dunlop slicks a few years ago and then nothing but Pilot Race and I love the Piliots.

Anyone here ever have the chance to compare the 2? How does the Power Race stack against the Diablo Superbike Slick or vise versa?

I only got to run a partial session ont he Pirellis so I didnt get a chance to see what I could do on them.

I really cant wait to get on them on the next track day.

I was actually going to buy a set of Power Ones this week before I got the Pirellis.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pirelli 125gp slicks tsflstb Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 2 03-05-2015 04:49 PM
Pirelli Diablo??? tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-27-2009 09:51 PM
Pirelli Diablo Supersport Tires... jeswin General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-16-2008 11:40 AM
New Pirelli Diablo Rossa R1warrior Performance and Modifications 11 04-03-2008 05:00 PM
pirelli diablo corsa 3's ?? FasterFaster Performance and Modifications 8 11-20-2007 11:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I was at the track and had some Metzlers that were too old and felt like so I got a set of the Diablo Superbike slicks from the gentleman riding the bike around in the Pirelli shirt doing tire support at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on Monday.

I have never ran Pirelli before. I ran one set of Dunlop slicks a few years ago and then nothing but Pilot Race and I love the Piliots.

Anyone here ever have the chance to compare the 2? How does the Power Race stack against the Diablo Superbike Slick or vise versa?

I only got to run a partial session ont he Pirellis so I didnt get a chance to see what I could do on them.

I really cant wait to get on them on the next track day.

I was actually going to buy a set of Power Ones this week before I got the Pirellis.
The Power Race....some love them, but not many. I felt the front was very numb, with very little to no feedback. The rear, while not stellar, gave decent traction, but again, very numb. However, when they went off, it was predictable and slow.

The Pirelli: Very sticky. Best front tire out there. Lots of feedback and great traction.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

How much does a Pirelli slick up front run for?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
How much does a Pirelli slick up front run for?
pirellitires

But seriously, dont know, I bought the set.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
pirellitires

But seriously, dont know, I bought the set.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
the pirelli's offer better feel and more grip...

the michelin's will probably last a hair longer....but when the pirelli starts going off, you'll know and you can control the slide. when the power race goes off......you might not know til you're sliding on your .

pirelli makes the BEST front tire by far....the rear tire when new is badass too, crank it over and whack that throttle open. just make sure you keep checkin your tire pressures to keep them in optimal range. worst thing you wanna do is ruin your tire cuz you're too lazy to check pressures.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement