MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

i wonder

with all this marine talk and praise and things seems to me some people are putting people that are serving into a position where they should be a idol to all Americans. i thought the bible said idolatry is wrong. remember the conservatives are the ones that claim to be more supportive of the troops. but with a party that bases things so much on religion how is this idolatry right???

thoughts???

just one of my many ponderings is all.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 03-05-2006 at 08:31 PM.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
with all this marine talk and praise and things seems to me some people are putting people that are serving into a position where they should be a idol to all Americans. i thought the bible said idolatry is wrong. remember the conservatives are the ones that claim to be more supportive of the troops. but with a party that bases things so much on religion how is this idolatry right???

thoughts???

just one of my many ponderings is all.
i don't think so. probably more appreciation than idolizing. i don't know though. the people with 1000 ribbons all over there vehicle scare me sometimes. American Idol might be a better case than marines.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i don't think so. probably more appreciation than idolizing. i don't know though. the people with 1000 ribbons all over there vehicle scare me sometimes. American Idol might be a better case than marines.
american idol professional athletes. etc. list goes on. sorry but when you say the thigns that aresaid about marines athletes etc. it's idolatry.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
Lobo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
american idol professional athletes. etc. list goes on. sorry but when you say the thigns that aresaid about marines athletes etc. it's idolatry.
My Idol is Jesus....... and when I can turn water into wine and walk on water then I willl Idolize no-one..... so in otherwords.....

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

maybe it's a good thing americans aren't SO religion oriented though. look at the middle east...they are gung ho for their religions and they are killing each other all the time.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
My Idol is Jesus....... and when I can turn water into wine and walk on water then I willl Idolize no-one..... so in otherwords.....
i can dance under water and not get wet.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
maybe it's a good thing americans aren't SO religion oriented though. look at the middle east...they are gung ho for their religions and they are killing each other all the time.
we're a little more like them more than you think.

Advertisement