MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

4 stroke help asap

ok, ive got a honda xr100 and cant get the little beast started. here are the cliffs on how i got to where i am now. few days ago some 2stoke gas found its way into the tank, stopped running, drained the gas, put in the right and got it running, it ran fine, only thing is it was leaking fuel from the overflow and around the carb. well i took the carb off and cleaned it up , ran good gas through the lines, but i cant get it to start now. im trying to go out and ride today, cousin/roomate is passed out cold from last night and im in need of help. im around fuqua and 45 if someone wants to come and help or any info on here would be great. thanks guys.
Busa_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4-stroke to 2-stroke Conversion Stang Man General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-07-2011 09:34 AM
2-stroke vs. 4-stroke Scorch Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 19 07-13-2010 09:45 AM
2 stroke help bentgixxer Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 24 03-04-2009 08:46 AM
2 stroke vs. 4 stroke [poser] General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 07-26-2007 12:38 PM
2 stroke help please stlal How To's and Q & A's 26 01-10-2007 04:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Did it run before the premix? if so how long ago?

Premix wont hurt it.... may foul plug & smoke alot, just dilute it with fresh gas. Check the float height & needle/seat for .... With the ethenol/gas mix we have it doesn't take long to gum up the carb; look for greenish/white powdery in the float bowl... If you find it get a torch tip cleaner & some carb cleaner & carefully clean all orifices/jets in the carb.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs View Post
Did it run before the premix? if so how long ago?

Premix wont hurt it.... may foul plug & smoke alot, just dilute it with fresh gas. Check the float height & needle/seat for .... With the ethenol/gas mix we have it doesn't take long to gum up the carb; look for greenish/white powdery in the float bowl... If you find it get a torch tip cleaner & some carb cleaner & carefully clean all orifices/jets in the carb.
yeah when it was leaking, it was a greenish color, i thought i was going crazy. it ran fine before the bad gas got put in. i say bad gas bc it may have been sitting around for quite some time. im pretty new into digging into all the mechanics of the carb and whatnot. i know the carb is getting gas bc when its apart and i turn the fuel on, it pours in, but after i try to run it, it doesent seem like much gas made it into the carb after its all put back together. the float doesent seem to look wet from the gas nor is there much sitting at the bottom.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

also i can push start it in 2nd and itll turn over, it just bogs a little when i give it gas and if i stop pushing, it stops running.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I had a similar issue in the past, When was the last time you started it? My take is that you need to work with the idle and choke, start kicking at the upper level, then medium then low, as needed.
Once it starts, go for a long ride around the block without chopping the throttle. It is most likely that it has been sitting for too long now.
BTW new fluids (gas & oil) and plug make a great difference.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
I had a similar issue in the past, When was the last time you started it? My take is that you need to work with the idle and choke, start kicking at the upper level, then medium then low, as needed.
Once it starts, go for a long ride around the block without chopping the throttle. It is most likely that it has been sitting for too long now.
BTW new fluids (gas & oil) and plug make a great difference.
its been maybe 24-36 hrs
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

ok back to the garage, i wont be on mh, if anybody feels they can help or would come over to take a look my # is 910-568-1384 (andrew)
Old 05-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

allll fixed.... put put put put putttttin around the apt complex. thanks for all the advice/help guys!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
moto187
Who r u and where am I?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
03 CR125 HRC bike. FOR SALE

What was it?
moto187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto187 View Post
What was it?
just needed a good cleaning, then i was having trouble with the float valve getting stuck, but worked all that out. Now that ive the day away everyone is being lame and doesent wanna go ride, im all dirtied up and wanna go get muddy. Anything closer than crosby around 45 and fuqua area?

Advertisement