MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #21
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

That's crazy man. I'm quite sure that if you let those folks know at cycle gear what the deal is I'm confident that you all can resolve the matter among yourselves. Those guys at cycle gear are not only riders themselves but they are also A1 quality type people. Talk to Jerry up there - I believe he is the manager.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that CycleGear only carries.... honorsdaddy Gear Talk 20 07-11-2012 09:25 AM
BiLT and Cyclegear morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 07-03-2011 04:52 PM
cyclegear tyre change? strat1701 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 06-13-2008 05:12 PM
cyclegear coupon yankee Off Topic 20 04-13-2006 06:06 PM
Cyclegear at Sharpstown StealthR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 03-02-2006 01:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Thanks malboroman, thats what i meant to say before my bead around my seat flexed and my brain lost pressure:icon_bigg

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #23
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
sup yall. i am christopher at cycle gear, alot of yall have met me. i am the one who pulled that tire off and mounted the new one...and yes i used a tire iron, not a screwdriver, lol. i even soap it up to make things easier... we have a machine that holds the rim in place, and a small wedge that pulls the bead off as it spins it around...i am guessing this is when it happened, but as i didnt see or hear anything to notice at the time, i cant really be sure how/when it happened.

i was all bent out of shape about it, really feeling bad.:eh: .. until albert told me that this can happen. it wasnt really my fault, sometimes things like this happen. something about heat cycles and UV on the tires causes them to be less flexible. that makes sense to me since i have pulled tires off a rim, and put the same size / brand on there, and they feel alot different. the old ones feel harder and slicker, less pliable, and the new ones are always nice and rubbery like an eraser...easy to work with (mostly, lol :confused2 )

i always take better care with other riders rims, than i do my own. you all know i ride with yall. your not just customers to me, and i know how important quality work is on the these machines we get so much fun out of.
id hate for bad accidents to happen, this is the major reason why i suggested lin get a fresh set of tires, instead of patching it, as he planned when he came in...after what marcus brooks went through last wednesday......i dont trust any kind of patch or plug for ...poor guy.

lin, you seem like a cool dude, it was good to meet you, same as all the other MH'ers i meet up there. i hope that you and Albert were able to work out something fair. id hate for you to have a bad impression of me, or the store.

well, ...its sat night...so im about to roll out to PP1. yall know how what where when to reach me...

peace
Old 03-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
not saying it was your fault at all. the difference is new tires still have oil in the rubber to make them plyable flexable and grippy. just saying that he shouldnt run the tire. old tires tend to do that because the oil has dryed out of the rubber. at least its this way on 18 wheeler tires.
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #25
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
So really, what Linjy should do, is buy a set of wheels and mount his track day tires on so that instead of replacing tires, he can just swap wheels and avoid them ripping apon take off (Which I really do believe is not the tire removers fault)

What say?
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
So really, what Linjy should do, is buy a set of wheels and mount his track day tires on so that instead of replacing tires, he can just swap wheels and avoid them ripping apon take off (Which I really do believe is not the tire removers fault)

What say?
sounds like it would be cheaper in the long run for him

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #27
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
its cool chris, i dont blame you. accidents happen although i expect company to pay up instead of beating around the bush. i didnt really get what i wanted, but i didnt try. maybe if i got the BBB or my dad, he gets done.

What do i want. A new tire. i'll give you the prorated fee for it, but i cant justify buying another tire at the so so discount.

really though, i would think you damage a tire. you replace it with one that is same or newer. not telling the customer, o it is old, so we cant warrant replacing with a new tire. didnt really offer me anything worth while imho.

what did i get out of this whole deal. free tire warranty and my now useless front tire .:eh:

o and my rear tire that i wanted to patch, i am still going to patch it. the hole on the inside is not even close to a big nail size, its about the size of this "." which leaks air very slowly and would still prove useful when i commute.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #28
TRAJIC_1

Bike(s):
'04 600RR

Send a message via Yahoo to TRAJIC_1
Well like they say...cant please everyone...even if we try...

http://www.myspace.com/trajic_1
TRAJIC_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #29
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Cris24 sounded so sincere
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #30
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

:2wompwomp Chris24 is one straight - up dude!! That almost brought tears to my eyes You can bust my tires any time dude..:notworthy
Old 03-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #31
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

jkg dude lol
Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #32
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
IMO, you always take a risk when dismounting an old tire with intentions of remounting it elsewhere. Like Chris said, sometimes old tires stick very tight and are very hard to dismount without some damage to the tire. This is rarely a problem, because usually the tire comming off is trash anyhow. Take your car to a tire shop with some low profile tires, have them pull the tires, and try to get them to pay if a bead gets messed up, ha...i think you'll find it's just one of the risks involved.

cheers!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

from my experience, tires coming off, often if not most times get tore off getting them off the wheel.

linjy, did you tell them you planned to reuse the tires?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 03-06-2006 at 01:45 PM.
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #34
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

yeah that happens clean the bead remount it and it should be fine if not buy a pilot power
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #35
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
from my experience, tires coming off, often if not most times get tore off getting them off the wheel.

linjy, did you tell them you planned to reuse the tires?
yeah i told them i was reusing them. i had patrick give me my old tires last time and they were in perfect condition. :icon_smil

and they did grease the out of these tires to dismount them. i think its just lack of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
yeah that happens clean the bead remount it and it should be fine if not buy a pilot power
i did buy pilot powers, lol.
thats y these got tore off.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement