MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Rain or Shine?
If there's a cloud in the sky, you won't see me on two wheels, buddy. 17 10.00%
I prefer not to leave when it's raining, but if I get caught in it, oh well. 117 68.82%
I don't give a about rain and regularly go for rides rain or shine. 32 18.82%
Showers? Yes! But only if they are golden! 4 2.35%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
cj_sandman
custom user title!!
 
cj_sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UT Campus
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,108


Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST








By my assessment, the first time I rode in rain was a little unsettling. I rode really slow.

The big change for me happened though when I got caught in this storm during tornado watch on my way to Austin. The rain was coming down so hard I could hardly see anything but the white stripe on the road, cars were splashing water and I was scared that if I went too slow, someone would rear end me - so I just kinda found a zen like place and ... I got used to the feeling of hydroplaning constantly, and before long I was jamming down the road... , even speeding, it became less scary, and more fun.

So ultimately I think people should ride in the rain, just experience it more often, so you get used to it, and then it's not a big deal anymore.
__________________
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fearless Bikers Vs Feared Range Rover? R6racer General Discussion (Moto Related) 736 08-07-2015 09:13 AM
fair weather MOTOGP-COTA track marshals abandon post urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 04-15-2015 02:36 PM
Triple back flip - scares me and I am fearless grsa Off Topic 28 05-29-2011 08:49 PM
SPIED: Our Fearless Leader... at it again. BigComfy Off Topic 8 05-27-2011 02:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #42
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,497

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
40% chance of rain is 60% chance it won't, saddle up and ride
x2
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #43
Tattoo
Your head isn't that hard
 
Tattoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Killeen
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 120

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
R1
Pit bike
Looking for?







if its not raining when i leave im riding
__________________
"You can have it any color you want, as long as it's black." Henry Ford
Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy