MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #1
Rpat312

Feedback Rating: (0)

Fallen Riders

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask for your prayers. Another Houston rider and his passenger are on there way to the hospital as I type this.

The story:

As I was driving down HWY 6 to go home from picking up my girlfriend from work. I past up a wrecked superman-front gixxer. As I turned a quick u-turn, I saw a body lying motionless about 5 feet in front of the bike. I immediately told my girlfriend to call for a ambulance and for her to stay in the car. I ran past the bike to see if the rider was conscious. As I ran to him, I saw a visor lying on the road by the bike and thought to myself "thank he had his lid on". But as soon as I got closer I could hear him breathing heavily but to my amazement - no helmet. I told him help was on the way and not to move, but he began to try and sit up. I was hesitant to let keep him from moving at first because he was covered in blood, but he sat up and then fell on his face. 3 other people showed up and helped me hold the guy on the floor so that he wouldn't injure himself anymore. After about five minutes the police and ambulance show up. They took over and I started thinking to myself "where's the helmet?" I checked the side of the bike - no helmet. I checked in the drainage on the side of the road with my flashlight - no helmet. I walked almost 60 feet from where the bike was and in the ditch was a female body wearing black top, black jeans and the helmet. I would have never seen her and no one else would have either if I wasn't looking for the helmet. She was badly rashed with the face of the helmet cracked open. I screamed over to the ems people "There's another body! Hurry i don't know if she's breathing". They rushed over with a stretcher. A sheriff came up behind me and asked what I was doing. I told him that I saw there was a accident so I pulled over to help. He then asked me if i saw or caused the accident. I told him no and I was shocked as to what he said back. He told me to " hop my in my car and to get the **** out he has this under control''. I left not knowing if the girl had a pulse but I hope she survives. If anyone knows these two people or anything about this please post up or at least let me know.
Rpat312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fallen Riders Memorial J_2119 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-05-2011 11:17 AM
Helping Fallen riders flypunk General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-07-2011 12:45 PM
Fallen Riders board section morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 03-13-2010 02:53 PM
memorial ride for fallen riders MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 10-06-2009 09:21 PM
So far this year, how many riders have fallen??? MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-27-2007 12:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

WOW. Good for you to stop and help a fellow rider.

Good thoughts sent to fallen brother and monkey.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

WOW. driver ALWAYS wears the lid. I hope everyone makes it, that's a rough sight. way to help out!

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

OMG! i hope they pull through. call the fire station that is close to there tomorrow and tell them about the accident and that you called it in and see if they can at least tell you if they made it.

second, that cop was an . he could have been much more polite
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Man i hate to hear this type of thing. I hope they make it out alright. Props to you for helping a fallen rider for sure. I would call the police dept. and file on the fvcking POS that told you that. Let his SGT know that he is a POS.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

big ups for helpin out bro

hope they turn out ok. what st was this near hwy 6?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

golly, glad you found the girl, as for the cop, report him, ive been treated like by a cop before......i didnt care he was a cop, i wasnt breaking the law, i know my rights, so i told i didnt back down ...... me off remembering that piece of shiat
Old 05-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
This is terrible. This makes me ill just thinking about the situation, I hope they end up ok and make it.

That sucks about what that pig said to you, it takes alot of nice cops to make up for that 1 azzhole. Oh wait there pretty much all azzholes
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #9
Rpat312

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
big ups for helpin out bro

hope they turn out ok. what st was this near hwy 6?
It happened heading south on hwy6 between Briarhills Prkwy and Briar Forest.

Quote:
golly, glad you found the girl
Yea if i didn't find her someone would the next day and thats the difference of her surviving or not.

Quote:
This is terrible. This makes me ill just thinking about the situation, I hope they end up ok and make it.
Yea the situation is horrible cause it seemed as if it was a hit and run. The guy had what looked like brand new pilots and there were no brake marks in the road or flat spots on his tires. I felt bad for my girl because she has never seen a motorcycle accident before.

Quote:
WOW. driver ALWAYS wears the lid
The driver was wearing a Joe Rocket jacket, but still got pretty banged up and bleeding from the head servilely. As for the girl though just by looking at the helmet i think if she didn't have it on there would have been a bigger mess and thats all I'm gonna say.

Quote:
OMG! i hope they pull through. call the fire station that is close to there tomorrow and tell them about the accident and that you called it in and see if they can at least tell you if they made it.
I will try that today thanks for the advice. I was going to wait around and get the info to find out but my family is going thru its own loss at the moment.

We are a community, we all look out for one another even tho we may not know each other and that is the one thing i love about riding. So thank you for all the nice comments, but me stopping to help a fellow rider is the same thing anyone of us would have done.
Rpat312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #10
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Prayers out for the fallen riders. It's ashamed the cop gave you so much trouble when all you were doing was aiding before the EMS arrived. Prayers out to you also.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

good that u stopped and aided the riders.. the cop probably hadn't got his donut fix this morning yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

man, that's terrible! i'm glad that you stopped and helped them. there's no telling how long it would have taken for someone else to stop for them. most people don't pay that much attention anymore and just drive by - seen it too many times with other wrecks

prayers sent for the riders.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #13
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

That sucks about what that pig said to you, it takes alot of nice cops to make up for that 1 azzhole. Oh wait there pretty much all azzholes[/QUOTE]

+ 1 hope they make it..........also hope the cop made it back to the donut shop ok to...........
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #14
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
JV77086

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR750

Great job for stopping and doing what nobody else cared to.

Prayers sent.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Bomb0314

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
SOLD all of them :(

prayers sent to the rider and passenger... hope they make it and recover 100%.

good job on your part for help, but sucks for having to deal with an cop.

best of luck with your families loss also :/
Old 05-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Who know's how long they would have found the passenger. As for the cop...well probably could have handled it better, but was most likely trying to preserve the scene in case it turned out to be a vehicular manslaughter case. But yea, too many people just pass on by accidents these days, you probably saved their lives.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #18
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

prayers sent
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #19
flyininja
if ya cant duc it f*k it

Bike(s):
none, but i can use flynducs or ninjananas

Send a message via Skype™ to flyininja
i hate to hear stuff like this, but thank you are a great enough person to help. you may have saved a couple lives. and poor girl layin there just waiting for someone to find her. and as for the jerk cop wtf do they think when they act like that. they should be thankful when civilians try to help; cuz the people in accidents are most likely in shock and aren't suppost to move. you have have prevented a broken back?? i hope they all turn out ok. and props to you also for keepin your girl in the car. the women of riders don't need to see all that; just causes extra worry. prayers sent
Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
wow...my worse fears any time i pull up to an accident scene. good on ya for using your head and looking for the helmet. you probably saved that girls life, hopefully it wasn't too late. my thoughts and prayers definitely go out to them. to check their status you can call the fire department, the nearest station to the scene would be the fire house on briar forest just before eldridge, i think it's station 70(?). they will possibly release their names to you, and tell you where they were sent. the hospital won't give you any information other than if they're stable or not, they won't release any more information unless you're family.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement