MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #21
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
Uh, your wrong about that.
Almost ALL of the majors have common carriers haul they're gas, so the name on the side of the truck means nothing.
When I spoke to Shell Corporate HQ, they said that although I bought the gasoline form a Shell station, the station is not supplied with Shell Gasoline.

They explained that basically some Shell Stations sell only Shell gas, and others are independent and sell gas from other sorces.

BTW, it was the University Shell across the 45 from UofH.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patrick--Gasoline Additives Totallymad Motorcycles Unlimited 18 12-13-2010 09:53 AM
Gasoline/Octane Fail... that boy asad General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-29-2010 10:30 AM
Draining gasoline... Ares How To's and Q & A's 14 09-30-2009 10:04 PM
Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline - hype or ? bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 03-11-2009 05:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #22
Badchev
Slow

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
When I spoke to Shell Corporate HQ, they said that although I bought the gasoline form a Shell station, the station is not supplied with Shell Gasoline.

They explained that basically some Shell Stations sell only Shell gas, and others are independent and sell gas from other sorces.

BTW, it was the University Shell across the 45 from UofH.
Don't know who you talked too but if it's branded Shell, Chevron, Exxon, legally they have to carry that gas. And they check regularly, so a station MIGHT get away with it for a little while and then be shut down. The majors take that stuff REAL seriously.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #23
bkeros
Back on the Track!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Ducati 749RS Full Race
Yamaha R1
CR 125
Ducati MH900e
Ducati S2R1000 Monster

Interesting exchange here - with two completely different opinions! Big implications either way....

Question is, why would Shell HQ volunteer that information? Although I have no idea if it's true, why the would a Shell employee admit to someone over the phone that a particular Shell station doesn't use Shell gasoline, and apparently allows them to do it?

If I were in Shell management and I heard about that, I'd me pants!
WERA Ex #34
CCS Ex #34
bkeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

I do what I can to use Valero the most, due to the fact that they do not use a single barrel of foreign oil.
Other than that, I stick to the larger stations.

Quick tip though, if a gas station is recieving a delivery of fuel, do not fill up there. When the gas is being poured into their underground tanks, it stirs up and dirt/debris that could be settled on the bottom and you run the risk of pulling it into your tank.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #25
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeros View Post
Interesting exchange here - with two completely different opinions! Big implications either way....

Question is, why would Shell HQ volunteer that information? Although I have no idea if it's true, why the would a Shell employee admit to someone over the phone that a particular Shell station doesn't use Shell gasoline, and apparently allows them to do it?

If I were in Shell management and I heard about that, I'd me pants!
Like many companies, they have offshored many services. Likely he spoke to a contract employee in India that opened a complaint ticket and forwarded it on up the ladder and ended up on someones desk that ACTUALLY works for Shell.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
Bigmarky
Funny saying goes here

Bike(s):
non running sv650 :(

steer clear of any ghetto station

i generally always go with chevron 92/techron bs

in the camaro and all the bikes
Bigmarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #27
bkeros
Back on the Track!

Bike(s):
Ducati 749RS Full Race
Yamaha R1
CR 125
Ducati MH900e
Ducati S2R1000 Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
Like many companies, they have offshored many services. Likely he spoke to a contract employee in India that opened a complaint ticket and forwarded it on up the ladder and ended up on someones desk that ACTUALLY works for Shell.
THe most likely scenario for sure. Even so, it'd seem to be common sense, even to the most "out of it" soul that YOU DON'T ADMIT TO SELLING SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU PURPORT TO BE SELLING- EVEN IF YOU ACTUALLY ARE! That's what branding's all about!

Makes me wonder....
WERA Ex #34
CCS Ex #34
bkeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Shinyman

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000rr with some repsol fairings
07 Buell XB9R (totaled)

only the 3 major gas, cheapest is bad they generally get lower grade bottom barrel stuff. Also in some cases fill there holding tanks with ie fillers to make it full. So Shell, Exxon, or Chevron. Oil Kid have been told every possible thing about the industry from my dad who has been working in it for 22 years almost. though most of the time shell or exxon, all the gas stations in kingwood are highly used on a daily bases so doesn't matter which one I go too.

Last edited by Shinyman; 05-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Shinyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #29
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

what ever makes it go vroom vroom. Never had a problem with gas, and i have filled up at some podunk places.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #30
JoshR1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 R1
07 R6

I try to use only shell 93oct., just cause i've read alot about it beeing good pump gas for high performance engines (whether it's motocycles or vehicles).
JoshR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement