MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post
lol you mean heritage of anti american terrorists, I don't see how anyone could want to be proud of that traitorous flag.
Anti-American Terrorists? Traitorous Flag?


Ignorant mf arent ya?
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a re-post? "Fastest" MotoGP full length documentary sequel to "Faster". eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-27-2011 10:23 AM
Good Bye "Habeas Corpus", Hello "Enemy Belligerent Act of 2010" CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 70 03-12-2010 03:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #22
Street Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Where the Coach is staged
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,302

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/









User is banned

.
Street Ninja is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
Street Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Where the Coach is staged
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,302

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/









User is banned

.
Street Ninja is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!
 
philly fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gulf Bank @ 45n
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 1,543

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' R6









Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
i think its due partly to the fact that it has a bad reputation. like blacks to stealing, asian to driving slow as fck, mexicans for beating thier wives and getting drunk. just not something you see everyday. especially since if someone else displays it the race card comes out. i had posted it because its not something you see on a daily basis
__________________
signaturecoachdavecopy[/
its safer to fear those things that might do bodily harm; I say it's safer to own those things that might to bodily harm and use them to keep you safer.
philly fresh is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
Jolseen
Senior Member
 
Jolseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: webster
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 133

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR 1000
Honda 954RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Anti-American Terrorists? Traitorous Flag?


Ignorant mf arent ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
That is some of the Dumbest ever posted on here. You Sir are a Dumbass.

**** the dixie flag and everything it stands for.
Jolseen is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
Jolseen
Senior Member
 
Jolseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: webster
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 133

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR 1000
Honda 954RR








I'm from south carolina and think it's stupid as .

They're only doing it to try and get under other people's skin. It's not because any of them are proud of their heritage, and just do it because they're ignorant rednecks. I went to school with a grip of them.


and it's the flag of a failed rebellion so i guess it represents a heritage of failure

Last edited by Jolseen; 06-01-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Jolseen is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post

**** the dixie flag and everything it stands for.

I'll stick to chicks, you can fuhk wahatever you want,
as long as you dont try to hump my leg or my bike.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #28
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
the confederate flag shown here isn't even the actual flag flown over the confederacy. the official flag of the confederate states of america was the stars and bars. the dixie flag wasn't even designed until the early 20th century. it's a combination of the battle flag of the confederacy colors with the Second Confederate Navy Jack's design. it was never the state flag of alabama, although the flag did fly at the South Carolina State Capitol Building until 2000. the flag was commonly used by southern regimens during WWII and was even flown on the USS Columbia throughout combat in the Southern Pacific.

The flag holds lots of controversy because many argue it's meaning. Some say it's a symbol of southern culture and heritage, other's say it represents racism.

the real Confederate States of America flag is the stars and bars, which is also one of the Six flags that flew over Texas when it joined the confederacy, looks like this:

800px CSA FLAG 28111861 151863svg
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #29
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilheiser View Post
not being racist but id expect a black guy to step out of that car... (color, tint, rims), not some confederate flag waiving redneck, like i assume he is based on his plate.. im just sayin...
I see public schooling has taught you well...

You DO realize the Confederate Battle Flag has nothing to do with racism dont you?

You dont?

I guess you also didn't realize there were blacks who fought for the Confederacy - and not as slaves, or in separate units. They were free men who fought alongside whites, and in some cases, were the officers.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #30
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post
lol you mean heritage of anti american terrorists, I don't see how anyone could want to be proud of that traitorous flag.
Yet another person who paid attention in public school recently.

Dont tell me - let me guess...you're under 25 right?
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #31
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolseen View Post

**** the dixie flag and everything it stands for.
If you feel so strongly about that, tell us again why you're in Texas?
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #32
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I see public schooling has taught you well...

You DO realize the Confederate Battle Flag has nothing to do with racism dont you?

You dont?

I guess you also didn't realize there were blacks who fought for the Confederacy - and not as slaves, or in separate units. They were free men who fought alongside whites, and in some cases, were the officers.
you can argue that it doesn't carry racial connotations but you can't argue that many southern racist activist groups wave the flag in support of their cause. that alone carries a lot of negative views from the groups they descriminate against.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #33
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
you can argue that it doesn't carry racial connotations but you can't argue that many southern racist activist groups wave the flag in support of their cause. that alone carries a lot of negative views from the groups they descriminate against.
Oh i don't deny that, but correlation =/= causation

After all, using that logic, Hitler breathed air and loved animals so anyone else who does the same must be like him.

Just irks the living out of me when people who obviously don't know about history sanctimoniously, and rather ironically, dismiss others as ignorant.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #34
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Oh i don't deny that, but correlation =/= causation

After all, using that logic, Hitler breathed air and loved animals so anyone else who does the same must be like him.

Just irks the living out of me when people who obviously don't know about history sanctimoniously, and rather ironically, dismiss others as ignorant.
that analogy is a little far fetched. fact is, people use the confederate flag to show their support to racist organizations and ideals (not ALL, or even many, but it is done). hitler never used air as a sign of his hate for all things not blonde hair blue eyed. however, he did take the swastika, a religous symbol, and turned it into a symbol of hate. you can say that it still is a religious symbol meaning any lucky object in sanscript, but fact is, when you show it to someone, first thing they think is .

it's the same with the confederate flag, the first images it conjures is racism, hate, and rednecks, even though that isn't what it was MEANT to represent.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #35
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
that analogy is a little far fetched. fact is, people use the confederate flag to show their support to racist organizations and ideals (not ALL, or even many, but it is done). hitler never used air as a sign of his hate for all things not blonde hair blue eyed. however, he did take the swastika, a religous symbol, and turned it into a symbol of hate. you can say that it still is a religious symbol meaning any lucky object in sanscript, but fact is, when you show it to someone, first thing they think is .

it's the same with the confederate flag, the first images it conjures is racism, hate, and rednecks, even though that isn't what it was MEANT to represent.
I'll give you that - it was probably an inaccurate comparison.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #36
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #37
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Who cares. Fact is a guy is sporting a car in which he purposely made it to draw attention to himself. Period.
Yeah, so? You say that like none of us have ever done something similar...
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
Jolseen
Senior Member
 
Jolseen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: webster
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 133

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K6 GSXR 1000
Honda 954RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
If you feel so strongly about that, tell us again why you're in Texas?
yeah because everyone that lives in Texas is proud of that backwards traitorous flag
Jolseen is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #39
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
what exactly about that flag is traitorous? because if that flag is traitorous so is the US flag. the US was traitorous to Britian you know.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #40
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Yet another person who paid attention in public school recently.

Dont tell me - let me guess...you're under 25 right?
Bio says 27, but he could have esily been held back 1/2 decade.
...or you could easily assess it to the public education system
and a lack of intelligence.

Seems to me he's been challenged to actually type something
more complicated than what you find on a bubblegum wrapper though.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy