Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

WSBK: Hacking joins PBM Kawasaki for Miller

Quote:
In the continued absence of Makoto Tamada, due to a broken wrist sustained at Monza, three-time AMA champion Jamie Hacking will join Broc Parkes at the factory-backed PBM Kawasaki team during next weekend's Miller Motorsports Park round.

British-born Hacking, presently second in the AMA Daytona SportBike championship for Attack Kawasaki, ran present WSBK star Ben Spies close in last year's AMA Superbike race at the American track.

Hacking also put in an impressive appearance for the Kawasaki MotoGP team as a wild-card at Laguna Seca, where he finished in eleventh place.

"I rode World Superbikes back when I first started racing at Laguna Seca,” said 37-year-old Hacking. “Obviously a lot has changed and I have more experience. I can't really say what a realistic expectation would be without riding the bike, but Miller does seem to suit my style. Last year, it was our best track on the ZX-10R and I hope that we can try for a top ten."

Hacking won the AMA Supersport title in 2003 and again in 2006, when he also won the Superstock title.

Tamada's place had been taken by South African Sheridan Morais at last weekend's Kyalami round, meaning Parkes will be joined by a local rider for the second round in succession.

“I didn't race at Miller in World Supersport last year so this will be my first visit, but I'm looking forward to it and also welcoming another new team-mate who is a local and will have experience he can bring to the team,” said Parkes.

Morais finished 13th and eleventh at Kyalami, while Parkes' best race finish so far this year is tenth place.
good news
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

This is great news. It would seem Ben's ascention in WSBK has opened some doors for AMA riders.

Besides Hacking deserves the shot. He was ripping it up last year at Laguna
Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
This is great news. It would seem Ben's ascention in WSBK has opened some doors for AMA riders.
its just a shame that it will soon stop. DSG has watered down the competition enough in american motorcycle racing that the next generation of racers won't be able to compete on an international leve.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post

Besides Hacking deserves the shot. He was ripping it up last year at Laguna

Advertisement