Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #41
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test drove a V-Rod awhile ago DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-21-2012 02:12 PM
My new 2010 Ducati Streetfighter S! QTip General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 11-05-2009 12:02 PM
Ducati Streetfighter magzx12r General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-09-2009 01:01 AM
New Ducati Streetfighter. Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-13-2008 12:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #42
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
I'm with you on that. There are guys that buy 10-12K machines and drop 5-7K into them to make them what they want. The 21K Streetfighter already comes with all the goodies so there is not much more to do to it.
and that SF will still be worth what in 5yrs while a comparable will be worth what?
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #43
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
If they had the opportunity to own this bike, they wouldn't turn it down so.
Granted, my panties are in no kind of wad, I would be first in line to refuse the BK.

I'd gladly sell it to top bidder and buy a little six-hundy.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #44
jcsanchez68

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

First I do not beleive this guy who says he took a spin on a Duc Sf, that has to be a huge lie, unless you are the CEO of a dealer or work for one you have no access to the keys of this bike.

About the Bk vs SF, come on are you for real, you want to compare THE FERRARI of motorcycles to a HYUNDAY, exclusive yes because is so ugly man good luck selling that.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #45
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetank View Post
Wow, I had not realized how much vehement anger and resentment I would attract from all those who mindlessly worship at the alter of Milan

How much does Ducati pay you guys?
It's not so much anyone's vehement anger and resentment towards the B-King, as it your pervasive insistance that the B-King is a far superior bike over the Streetfighter.

The B-King has impressive numbers and specs... no doubt, but its looks have alot to be desired, and thus its poor sales. It has alot of potential, though, with all that brute power.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #46
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
and that SF will still be worth what in 5yrs while a comparable will be worth what?
The only way I would buy one is to wait five years when the price dropped. Neither bike will be what it's worth now in five years. Maybe a Desmosidici because of the limited run.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #47
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
First I do not beleive this guy who says he took a spin on a Duc Sf, that has to be a huge lie, unless you are the CEO of a dealer or work for one you have no access to the keys of this bike.

About the Bk vs SF, come on are you for real, you want to compare THE FERRARI of motorcycles to a HYUNDAY, exclusive yes because is so ugly man good luck selling that.
Clearly noone would assume you're biased

See ya @ the track!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #48
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

fyi, the streetfighter also has traction control.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #49
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Wow, I had not realized how much vehement anger and resentment I would attract from all those who mindlessly worship at the alter of Milan

How much does Ducati pay you guys?
So let me get this straight: we either agree with you (that your bike is the shiz) or we mindlessly worship ducati. Is that how you treat your customers too?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #50
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
Bike dealers allow test rides. Did you actually read the OP?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #51
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Stock B- King dyno numbers at more like 161.RWHP. I too am not a Duc loyalist, I prefer Hondas any day of the week. But given the choice between the DUC and the BK only a COMPLETE idiot would take the BK. Or maybe someone who is into exclusivity? DOn't see that as a selling point as it was too ugly to continue. I'd love to hear the salesmans line on that one.....
Put me on the list as one who would not ride a FREE BK. A man must have principles and mine say don't run fugly bikes.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #52
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom96 View Post
I don't really care for it personally. Looks cobbled together and not like something that would roll off the assembly line at Ducati.
You wanna have a duc and also a bad assed streetfighter, then just throw some risers and dirt bike bars on a rashed up 1098/1198.
Get full power and all the sick superbike components.
At least it would be one of a kind.
You mean this beast???
Also from the new French Hypermotard web site, i was surprised by this:
http://www.ducati-hypermotard.fr/pho...isfox-t787.htm

He claims 165kg dry for 165hp
His tank is expected at 18.5L compared to the 12.5L of the Hyper

krisfo10
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #53
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
B-KING
R1 Race Bike - last of the 5 valves
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
It's not so much anyone's vehement anger and resentment towards the B-King, as it your pervasive insistance that the B-King is a far superior bike over the Streetfighter.

The B-King has impressive numbers and specs... no doubt, but its looks have alot to be desired, and thus its poor sales. It has alot of potential, though, with all that brute power.
I NEVER said the B-King was a far superior motorcycle, but that it is MORE motorcycle for your money than the Streetfighter.

Despite its smooth, unbelievable amount of power, it also has AMAZING handling characteristics. There are two things that have killed it in the marketplace: styling and marketing.

As evidenced by the lemmings from ducati, there is much controversy over its styling. The main focus has been over the exhaust system, which I have improved, dramatically. So that issue is over.

If you don't like the rest of it, then so be it. I LOVE it.

I laugh when I hear that the Duc streetfighter will outhandle it, when no one with an opinion has ridden either bike - it's just funny!

I have ridden several Duc's as well as the B-king. The Ducs do have incredible handling, which is why I am so impressed with my B-King. So many people say that horsepower is not important to them, but they turn around and justify their expenditure for a 1000cc sportbike that is uncomfortable to ride as their "need for speed".

Well, I'm not gonna sit here and make fun of them, I bought a B-King for chrissakes! But, I quickly fell out of love with my duc when a bone stock Aprilia checked out on me on the back straight at Road Atlanta. I would spend the rest of the lap just to catch their tail, when we would hit the back straight, and start all over again. That was with a BUILT Duc motor. (Which costs a FORTUNE to make it as fast as a stock 750!)

If the B-King was just another horsepower brute (can anyone say VMax?) then they would have a point. What makes the B-king so special is that it FASTER than a VMax in a straight line, AND stop as well as any streetbike, AND hang with ANY OTHER sportbike in the turns.

It seems that everyone who says it doesn't handle well doesn't know what they are talking about. Typical.

Again, I honestly believe that the B-King is WAY MORE (street) motorcycle for your money than ANYTHING from Ducati. That is my ONLY point!
thetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #54
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #55
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

^^^ Pfft... whadda U know???

just jokin, John... please don't sell me bunk tires

See ya @ the track!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #56
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
^^^ Pfft... whadda U know???

just jokin, John... please don't sell me bunk tires
Don't worry I don't sell Michelins or Dunlops
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #57
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRC John View Post
Don't worry I don't sell Michelins or Dunlops
Oh snap!

See ya @ the track!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #58
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I NEVER said the B-King was a far superior motorcycle, but that it is MORE motorcycle for your money than the Streetfighter.
Which is essentially another way of saying its superior.

Quote:
Despite its smooth, unbelievable amount of power, it also has AMAZING handling characteristics. There are two things that have killed it in the marketplace: styling and marketing.
I seriously doubt it outhandles an italian. I've been on only a scant few bikes that will outhandle a stock italian. I've had several gixxers including an '07 1k and none of them turned in as well as my bone stock '01 Aprilia. Now you want to tell me that a phyiscally larger motor stuffed into a similar frame as my '07 1k is amazing? No way.

Quote:
As evidenced by the lemmings from ducati, there is much controversy over its styling. The main focus has been over the exhaust system, which I have improved, dramatically. So that issue is over.
Definetly not a ducati lemming. Its sad that you take this viewpoint: either we like your bike or we're lemmings.

Quote:
I laugh when I hear that the Duc streetfighter will outhandle it, when no one with an opinion has ridden either bike - it's just funny!
Yea, its totally impossible to know based on any experience with similar offerings from the manufacturers how these bikes will handle.

Quote:
I have ridden several Duc's as well as the B-king. The Ducs do have incredible handling, which is why I am so impressed with my B-King. So many people say that horsepower is not important to them, but they turn around and justify their expenditure for a 1000cc sportbike that is uncomfortable to ride as their "need for speed".
Some is good, more is better. Too much (1300cc) is still too much.

Quote:
Well, I'm not gonna sit here and make fun of them, I bought a B-King for chrissakes! But, I quickly fell out of love with my duc when a bone stock Aprilia checked out on me on the back straight at Road Atlanta. I would spend the rest of the lap just to catch their tail, when we would hit the back straight, and start all over again. That was with a BUILT Duc motor. (Which costs a FORTUNE to make it as fast as a stock 750!)
Obviously you had an old 916 or something. An '05ish CBR1000RR would walk away from my Aprilia.

Quote:
If the B-King was just another horsepower brute (can anyone say VMax?) then they would have a point. What makes the B-king so special is that it FASTER than a VMax in a straight line, AND stop as well as any streetbike, AND hang with ANY OTHER sportbike in the turns.
On the street sure. I seriously doubt you can carve on the track like any other sportbike. I will admit that the highsides are probably spectacular though.
Quote:
It seems that everyone who says it doesn't handle well doesn't know what they are talking about. Typical.
You're right. I've never owned a big displacement suzuki and done a trackday on it. I've never owned a vtwin italian and done a trackday on it.

Well, except for my '01 Aprilia and my '07 gixxer 1k.

Quote:
Again, I honestly believe that the B-King is WAY MORE (street) motorcycle for your money than ANYTHING from Ducati. That is my ONLY point!
its not a point its an opinion
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #59
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #60
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
You mean this beast???
Also from the new French Hypermotard web site, i was surprised by this:
http://www.ducati-hypermotard.fr/pho...isfox-t787.htm

He claims 165kg dry for 165hp
His tank is expected at 18.5L compared to the 12.5L of the Hyper

krisfo10
I test rode one of these at the last Houston Cycle show. Easy to wheelie in first gear. I really liked it and it made me want one.

Advertisement