MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
I actually think the Duc is beautiful, Matt. I look at it, and all I see is one beautiful machine. All the componants come into view, with no disillusions on what its purpose is... a badass streetfighter.

Now $21k is a bit high, but to say $13-$14k tops is absurd. The S model has (as already mentioned above) Brembos, Carbon Fiber, Ohlins, forged Marchesini, etc.... All those premium componants, and the OP thinks is should be $13-$14k tops?! Pfft... C'mon, man!!
I'm with you on that. There are guys that buy 10-12K machines and drop 5-7K into them to make them what they want. The 21K Streetfighter already comes with all the goodies so there is not much more to do to it.

And I personally think it's one of the best looking bikes on the market. I would love to own one, but I'm too practical of a guy and like to buy a bike to ride it not let it sit in my garage and be wiped with a diaper all the time. Which is probably what I would do with such a bike.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test drove a V-Rod awhile ago DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 05-21-2012 02:12 PM
My new 2010 Ducati Streetfighter S! QTip General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 11-05-2009 12:02 PM
Ducati Streetfighter magzx12r General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-09-2009 01:01 AM
New Ducati Streetfighter. Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-13-2008 12:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
scooter09
FML

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2011 CBR600RR Repsol
2005 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
2004 FZ6 street fighter (r.i.p.)
2001 TTR-230 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetank View Post
Well, for road courses, I would bring something else. B-King is not the same tool for road that a B-King is. If you want to do a road course agains the Duc Streetfighter, then you are on!

Now, against your 1098, I will bring my 2008 R1 AMA Superstock bike. With Ohlins 25mm fork kit, Ohlins Shock, full ti LeoVince exhaust, and a Rocky Stargel built motor.

Like my tool box, different tools for different purposes
dont you owe me like $1000 for something that one day?

i know you have it lying around somewhere

or yoou can just give me a roll of ur toiletpaper made of money
scooter09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #23
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
More exclusive - because you can't get a new 09 model. Not likely to.
More reliable - duh!
Performance - mine makes 180+hp, at the wheel! 10.1 sec quarter mile, if you are a squid. If you have any ability whatsoever, you have a NINE second bike! Handling and braking have consistently been rated TOP NOTCH by every magazine reviewer. The biggest compliment has been on the suprising level of refinement. I would do a track day on it, just to prove the point!
Original Styling - like it or not, there is NOTHING like it on the road! If anything, Suzuki did it first! WAY ahead of Ducati!

DUCATI - I was a fan of them - until I owned one - I am SO over it, now.

In fact, I was between a Duc HM, KTM 990 SD, & the BK. Cost the same, insurance the same, purpose the same . . . BK had from 80 to 100 hp over all of them - plus, you've seen mine - LASER EXHAUST - nuff said!
More exclusive - Because nobody wanted it (in the US), so they stopped selling it. I actually don't think it's that bad looking, but that stock exhaust was hideous.
More reliable - Of course, it's a bike. A Honda's more reliable than a Ferrari, too.
Performance - The Streetfighter will blow the B-King away at the Track. I'm pretty sure of it. But yeah, I'm sure the B-King will dominate the Duc at the Strip. 2 Different beasts.
Original Styling - The Streetfighter looks nothing like the B-King to even correlate one to the other. Regardless, Ducati was the first to introduce this the whole factory fighter concept with the Monster. The Streetfighter is the new Monster.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #24
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
More exclusive - because you can't get a new 09 model. Not likely to.
Well, I guess thats one way of polishing a ....
More reliable - duh!
yes, but not as much as you'd think. Ducati made huge leaps forward in reliability with the new 1098-based motors
Performance - mine makes 180+hp, at the wheel! 10.1 sec quarter mile, if you are a squid. If you have any ability whatsoever, you have a NINE second bike! Handling and braking have consistently been rated TOP NOTCH by every magazine reviewer. The biggest compliment has been on the suprising level of refinement. I would do a track day on it, just to prove the point!
two different arenas. Ducatis are designed with the twisties in mind, and will EASILY outperform the b-king on a track. Seeing as this is the "sport" that is referenced in the term "sprortbike" I'd call that a win for ducati.
Original Styling - like it or not, there is NOTHING like it on the road! If anything, Suzuki did it first! WAY ahead of Ducati!
and plenty of other people did streetfighters before Suzuki. I can say "there's nothing like it on the road" about any bike ever made...ever. They're all relatively unique.

In fact, I was between a Duc HM, KTM 990 SD, & the BK. Cost the same, insurance the same, purpose the same . . . BK had from 80 to 100 hp over all of them - plus, you've seen mine - LASER EXHAUST - nuff said!
if all you care about is dyno numbers and "exclusivity" then I guess maybe the b-king might actually be a better choice. If you buy bikes for ANY other reason, the b-king probably isn't. Also, just because things have the same purpose doesn't mean they accomplish it equally as well. A Toyota Tacoma and a F450 have the same purpose: to haul , but I think the F450 might be a touch better at it.
my responses in red. I'm glad you like what you bought, but your "logic" as to why its better just doesn't seem to cut it. Enjoy your b-king, but stop bashin the streetfighter based on the erroneous conclusion that your bike is superior.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #25
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

The same way "thetank" swings from the nuts of his BK, others will flock towards a Ducati.

I prefer neither.

As you were.

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #26
puertorico600r

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
R6

Quote:
Yes, more exclusive. They are not imported for 2009. The only ones in America are 2008 models. Since they were so poorly marketed, sales were low. Since sales were low, then they will not import them, anymore. Sad, but good for us who love them!

I read a mag saying sales were low cause off looks not being so nice to the eye! just saying
puertorico600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
R1 Race Bike - last of the 5 valves
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
The same way "thetank" swings from the nuts of his BK, others will flock towards a Ducati.

I prefer neither.

As you were.
OUCH! That was just mean - I think I might cry . . .
thetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #28
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
my responses in red. I'm glad you like what you bought, but your "logic" as to why its better just doesn't seem to cut it. Enjoy your b-king, but stop bashin the streetfighter based on the erroneous conclusion that your bike is superior.
I was bashing, no one. . . just agreeing with someone else's bashing and offering support for "their" bashing.

Besides, when comes to handling (BK vs Duc SF), I will happily compare straight up! No one can give any handling nods until they ride them back to back. But I have ridden several DUC's in my few years, and I have been very impressed with my BK. It's one of the reasons I bought it, comfy riding position, and suprisingly nimble and taught suspension feedback.

She's not the handling the ignorant masses "think" it would be! Also, I don't worship at the "alter of all things Italian." My experience with them is that there is a trade off for their "styling" and their handling. It doesn't jibe with everyone.

Just look at the issues Milandri and Hayden have had with the Ducati MotoGP bike. Turn around and the same bike puts a skinny kid from Australia on top of the world. You just never know. But in my case, the Ducati has not been my cup of tea. I have consistently turned faster lap times, been more comfortable, and had fewer reliability issues with Yamaha and Suzuki, over Ducati.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #29
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
OUCH! That was just mean - I think I might cry . . .
It wasn't a stab, brother.

I completely understand your situation.

Good luck spreading the word, but I feel America has spoken (hence the not-4-sale in 09 dealio).

See ya @ the track!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #30
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Just look at the issues Milandri and Hayden have had with the Ducati MotoGP bike. Turn around and the same bike puts a skinny kid from Australia on top of the world. You just never know. But in my case, the Ducati has not been my cup of tea. I have consistently turned faster lap times, been more comfortable, and had fewer reliability issues with Yamaha and Suzuki, over Ducati.
Please don't compare what mortals can purchase to what's raced, especially at the GP level. TOTALLY completely different animals.

Bottom line, everyone has their favorites. It's great for debate and conversation, but keep it apples-apples.

See ya @ the track!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #31
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #32
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:

She's not the handling the ignorant masses "think" it would be! Also, I don't worship at the "alter of all things Italian." My experience with them is that there is a trade off for their "styling" and their handling. It doesn't jibe with everyone.
I agree. However for you to say your bike is better simply because the things it accels at matter to you whilst the ducati is worse because the things it accels at DON'T is an extremely biased opinion. For me, the ducati sacrifices nothing. The seat is comfy, the handling is sublime, and the 150hp that the streetfighter comes with (detuned from the 1998c) is still mental for the street.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #33
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
I've got a '07 CBR 600 that will run 10.0xx at the strip without 180+ hp? Explain that one? Yep I'll agreee witht he rest of the country, B-King is a fugly as hence the "exclusivity" of a bike too ugly to sell. To each his own, that is the glory of a free society. BUt dude...........I mean really???
Duc= on wheels and handling to match
B-K = too ugly to bother to kick a leg over.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #35
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Heh not really. The Vrod's go 14k for a base AW Model, around 17k for a NRS. Your getting a fast bike that is made for gunning around town (AKA Streetfighter) plus you get a cruiser that can be converted into a bagger. You get a lot of both worlds, plus kick styling. I can ride my vrod 500+ miles in a day no problem.

Thats another discussion though, as I wont argue *other* HD's may be overpriced. But if you look into Metrics some of them balance out once you add the chrome and stuff you are missing that is already included on a HD.

Regular Streetfighter MRSP is 17-18k

Trust me, M a cheap and wouldn't pay for anything unless I know all the options and Angles.
I can vouch for that - he's a cheap .
Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #36
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
'
Not to mention, very original styling!
Is that another way to say "Uglier than homemade sin"?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #37
Unicron

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
CBR RR 600

wow...i like it alot...
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I don't really care for it personally. Looks cobbled together and not like something that would roll off the assembly line at Ducati.
You wanna have a duc and also a bad assed streetfighter, then just throw some risers and dirt bike bars on a rashed up 1098/1198.
Get full power and all the sick superbike components.
At least it would be one of a kind.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #39
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
wow...i like it alot...
Meh - thats why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream, blondes and brunettes, flat-chested girls and women. We all like different things.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Wow, I had not realized how much vehement anger and resentment I would attract from all those who mindlessly worship at the alter of Milan

How much does Ducati pay you guys?

Advertisement