Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Stayin' Young
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
State Inspection for my bike

Hello all, newbie here (yes, I did check in the intro forum)

I got myself a problem (maybe). I recently got my bike up and running for the first time in a little over a year. The last registration point for my bike was in IL and they do not require state inspections on bikes. I have everything I need for passing I think....turn signals (although not required, I got 'em), solid chain, & mirrors. I recently had this shop (WRW Racing) install a rear track take off on my bike. He said it may not pass inspection (he does not inspect bikes at his shop) because the edges of the tire are worn from the track. I was like WTF? The tread in the center has 75-80% life left. Anybody know of a shop that will pass me an inspection sticker even with this dilemma? The court house won't transfer my title or issue me plates until I pass inspection. Sounds a little backwards to me, but who knows?Please HELP!!!

Last edited by dbuck; 02-28-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
state inspection Tut General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 05-02-2013 11:10 PM
State Inspection morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-06-2011 08:40 AM
State inspection kdog22 Motorcycles Unlimited 5 06-09-2010 12:58 PM
state inspection WTF!!! 1sickGixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 04-10-2010 10:27 PM
state inspection? tonyt915 Off Topic 19 03-13-2009 11:47 PM
Old 02-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
Holy Smokes!
Feedback Rating: (4)

Go across the highway to Angels from WRW and you will pass. Have fun!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
Thread Savior
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i went to jiffy lube, and the kid just asked...

"do your singals work?"
"do your brakes work"
"does your horn work"
"ok... you just passed!"

i had to go through the same as you, my bike was registered in washington. inspection was easy, registration was the funny part. i called up the registration office:

"hi, how much will cost me to register a motorcycle from out of state?"
"hold on, let me look it up for you."...(pause)
"...okay, sir, you WILL need to have the motorcycle inspection done. thank you"
CLICK. she hung up on me.

...and i'm thinking to, ...i allready knew that. i had asked for the price, nothing about inspection at all...dumb i call again and get a different person:

""hi, how much will cost me to register a motorcycle from out of state?"
"just one moment, sir...(long pause). okay sir you will NOT need to get the motorcycle inspected..."

*ehem* so many things are just wrong and going through my head at this point...again, i wasnt even asking about inspection, i wanted to know cost. i just shut up...dumbfounded for a moment at how they had contradicted each other...and neither of them had answered my question...

"is there anything else, sir..." i snapped out of it.
"yes, are you SURE i dont need inspection?!?!?"
"let me double, you dont."
"cause i just called a minute ago and talked to someone else and they said i did"
"um...hold on...(sounds of shuffling paper and typing) no, no you dont its right there anything else"
"YEA...i actually wasnt even asking about inspection...i wanted to know how much it was going to COST, thats why i had to call a second time."
"oh...hold on...(more typing)...(even more typing)...okay sir, that will be $168."
"WHAT?!? that much?"
"yes, sir...would you like me to read the itemized list."
"no thanks..." click...i hung up on her, dumbfounded and frustrated...

i had no faith in what she was telling me anyways. but i got my inspection, because i just KNEW you had to have it for out of state registration...they told me that when i tried to register it the first time AT THEIR OFFICE...

so then i go to register it, armed with $200 just in case...and it ended up being $85. the chick that did it seemed really nice, but only knows if everything was done right. i just got my TX title in the mail yesterday, so close enough...

sorry just had to share... i hate the registration office!
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!

Last edited by Chris24; 02-28-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
Holy Smokes!
Feedback Rating: (4)

Inspection for motorcycles in Texas is a joke. Exactly why I have Patrick check over my bikes.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote