MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #41
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Car guys have the same road vs track arguments. To each their own.

I drag race my Mustang. I've never road raced it nor had much desire to do so. I haven't tracked my R6. I'd like to do a track day but they are freakin' expensive vs paying $20 to run as often as I'd like at the drag strip, which I'm familiar with. I'll eventually take my bike to the strip since it's what I know. I hope to one day do a track day as well but I have a long list of things I'd rather spend $150+ on. *shrug*

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Racing and Drag racing mathews Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-09-2008 10:32 PM
Drag racing 2/22 mathews Taking it to the Track 16 02-22-2008 11:44 PM
Drag racing mathews Taking it to the Track 0 11-14-2007 03:16 PM
drag racing bluebusa General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-06-2006 10:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #42
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
oh and like you road course track day riders don't have a pecking order full of like attitudes ..

wear your gear or your a squid full of talk and how cruiser riders are stupid cause they don't conform to your gear rules ...
Is that because both IHRA and NHRA allow you to drag in shorts and flips-flops? I've made a few passes..........must have missed that in the rulebook.

Quote:
or better yet the road course laptimes on who's gonna be an instructor
sorry homie, the fastest people aren't necessarily instructors. Although you have to have SOME pace to be able to keep up with your students.

Quote:
can't help you cause you purchased a 600 instead of a 1000 that could do both for the same price
And more of that attitude. I "can't" drag my bike because its a 600
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #43
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Last edited by Badzx14r; 05-14-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #44
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

same old thread... mod lock this thread please before this dead horse gets beat on anymore...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #45
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I did the last 600 shootout at HRP. It was when Hurricane was there. There were only a few entries. The 600 was fun at the track. The Busa is a whole different animal.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #46
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
you can try explaining all you want po-po that your side of the motorcycling world is better and righteous .. and that your atitude is better,but fact of the matter is you hate dragracers ..
I don't hate drag racers. There are only two types of people I hate: those that owe me money and won't pay, and those that give me STDs. I just strongly dislike drag racers, and do my best to avoid being surrounded by them.

Quote:
and i dislike most cops ..so were even ..but i'll admit it ..you won't cause your a
I'll admit I'm a . I won't admit that I'm a cop.........cuz I'm not. who's profiling now?

Quote:
oh the dragrace world does have bracket racing and a 600 shootout for your 600 but not many attend those events with 600's. just like the AMA have differant classes for 600 and 1k on the road course must be a reason for it ..
Bracket racing isn't drag racing. Any real racer knows that. You make it sound like I've never been to a dragstrip. I have. I had a 12s notchback and a 12s lightning. There's a reason I don't do that kind of stuff anymore: I dislike the attitudes that seem to go hand-in-hand with the sport. Roadracers have been MUCH more welcoming and MUCH more humble, on average, than drag racers.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #47
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

12's? Now I know why you dont like it.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #48
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
12's? Now I know why you dont like it.

And yet more of the attitude that keeps me away. Thank you for continuing to remind we I don't drag anymore.

CMRA #302
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #49
Blue91

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

I take offense to you lumping all drag racers the way you are. I have a mid 10 second car and I've been around for years sharing my knowledge and help to others in this city. Just b/c YOU don't like it based on the people YOU'VE dealt with, that doesn't mean everyone in the hobby is a .

That'd be like me thinking every cyclist is a just b/c SOME people think I'm a poser b/c I've yet to pony up $150 and the time to do a track day on my R6. I know SOME people are that way, but I know that MOST aren't and I don't let those few people keep me from the hobby I like.

Btw, if you're so tired of people assuming you're a police officer, why not change your user name? It has nothing to do with the topic of this site so most people don't get it and falsely think about police.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #50
Blue91

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
And yet more of the attitude that keeps me away. Thank you for continuing to remind we I don't drag anymore.
And people aren't the same on a road course with bikes? People CONSTANTLY compare times.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #51
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Maybe when everyone around you is a ,they are not the dicks.
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #52
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Was it because you felt like you were the slowest? You seem to have some deep rooted issues due to these 12's. I actually meant you settled with 12's. You dont sound like you were in it for lower ET's. Thats what makes racing fun. Trying to be quicker.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #53
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
Maybe when everyone around you is a ,they are not the dicks.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #54
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91 View Post
I take offense to you lumping all drag racers the way you are. I have a mid 10 second car and I've been around for years sharing my knowledge and help to others in this city. Just b/c YOU don't like it based on the people YOU'VE dealt with, that doesn't mean everyone in the hobby is a .
Which is why one of my first posts in this thread says that it is my opinion based on my personal experience and that YMMV.

Quote:
Btw, if you're so tired of people assuming you're a police officer, why not change your user name? It has nothing to do with the topic of this site so most people don't get it and falsely think about police.
This question is asked often enough here that it should be just about common knowledge by now?

CMRA #302
Old 05-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #55
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #56
Blue91

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Doubtful. There are a lot more people here on MH that don't "keep up" with you. *shrug*

, put it as your user title under the username or in your signature, "Although you might think so from my username, I am NOT a L.E.O."

Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #57
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Was it because you felt like you were the slowest? You seem to have some deep rooted issues due to these 12's. I actually meant you settled with 12's. You dont sound like you were in it for lower ET's. Thats what makes racing fun. Trying to be quicker.
My truck did well for the amount of money I had in it. I got rid of it because I wanted something bigger to pull a bigger trailer. I wasn't enjoying drag racing anymore because of people with the same attitude that you're potraying in this thread: I must suck because my truck "only" ran 12s.

CMRA #302
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #58
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I figured he had a retired police 5.0 mustang
Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #59
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You still dont get the meaning of my comment, but thats OK.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #60
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
And people aren't the same on a road course with bikes? People CONSTANTLY compare times.

There's a big gap between comparing........and bragging. And thats only some drag racers. You also get the super-double-secret-money-race types who won't tell you what they run because they think their "secrets" will leak out and they might have to run a fair race for money.

Ya, I'll take the guys willing to at least discuss their times, and help me go faster.

CMRA #302

Advertisement