MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #101
JJO
The One and Only

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

Actually it Texas, you can now (as of 9-05) carry a handgun (loaded) with you w/o a permit in your vehicle. You could always carry a rifle w/you.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theives tried to steal my Bike phani87 General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 09-24-2015 06:44 AM
This is a steal!!!!! Japawhat02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-17-2012 06:56 PM
Craigslist ad: Is this a steal of a bike? cuong-nutz General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-24-2011 11:42 AM
How to steal a bike... bdmpastx General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-03-2008 10:05 PM
This is a steal. txferrari Off Topic 8 07-14-2008 08:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #102
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrobert
you don't need any type of license to own a shotgun, do you?
Well there is this one shotgun lol
Old 03-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #103
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

http://media.putfile.com/shotgun-automatic + www.rbcd.net = mucho fun
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #104
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

I want one of those
Old 03-01-2006, 01:20 AM   #105
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
Actually it Texas, you can now (as of 9-05) carry a handgun (loaded) with you w/o a permit in your vehicle. You could always carry a rifle w/you.
Unfortunately, they will still prosecute you in the city of Houston.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #106
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
very debateable topic here, but I am a firm believer in the punishment fits the crime in most cases.

Walk into a Stop-n-go and shoot the clerk in the head for a 6 pack of beer and get caught..... your executed in the same manner, no chance of court, dragging things out, pleaing with family and friends for bail. the Clerk never got that chance.

You break the law and dont like the punishment then move.... I hear California is great place for offenders.

According to statistics from the California Department of Corrections, thousands of individuals are serving life sentences under California's three strikes law for nonviolent third strikes-in fact, 360 individuals in California are serving life sentences for shoplifting small amounts of merchandise. California is one of twenty-six states nationally with a three strikes law, but California's is the harshest in that the third strike need not be a serious or violent felony-any felony, even shoplifting, can be the basis for a life sentence.

For almost a century, the U.S. Supreme Court has held that grossly disproportionate sentences constitute cruel and unusual punishment in violation of the Eighth Amendment. In April 2003, the Court decided two cases concerning the constitutionality of California's three strikes law as applied to shoplifters. Although the two cases involved California law, the Supreme Court's reasoning applies to criminal sentencing in every state.

Lockyer v. Andrade, 538 U.S. 63 (Mar. 5, 2003), involved a man who was sentenced to life in prison, with no possibility of parole for fifty years, for stealing $153 worth of videotapes in two separate incidents. In November 1995, Leandro Andrade, a nine-year Army veteran and father of three, was caught shoplifting five children's videotapes (Batman Forever, Casper, The Fox and the Hound, The Pebble and the Penguin, and Snow White) worth a total $84.70, from a K-Mart store in Ontario, California. Two weeks later, Andrade went to a different K-Mart store, in Montclair, California, and was caught shoplifting four children's videotapes (Cinderella, Free 2, Little Women, and Santa Clause) worth $68.84.
Third strike law is B.S. just makes criminals more violent, willing to die before they get caught.

This is for all of you including Raver-x.

You all talk about death and killing like it is somthing you can buy at walmart, well its NOT, it lasts FOREVER, you cant give or take it back.

If a thief wants to steal somthing of mine and risk his life for it, knock on my door ask me and I will do whatever I can to help him/her to get whatever it is for themself.

Yes I have had to use deadly force to protect myself, and property, if I could do it all over again, It would be diferent.

You should look up the laws on "the use of deadly force" you might be suprised, you might find yourself behind bars if you dont phrase your wording correctly after an incident.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:26 AM   #107
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
Third strike law is B.S. just makes criminals more violent, willing to die before they get caught.

This is for all of you including Raver-x.

You all talk about death and killing like it is somthing you can buy at walmart, well its NOT, it lasts FOREVER, you cant give or take it back.

If a thief wants to steal somthing of mine and risk his life for it, knock on my door ask me and I will do whatever I can to help him/her to get whatever it is for themself.

Yes I have had to use deadly force to protect myself, and property, if I could do it all over again, It would be diferent.

You should look up the laws on "the use of deadly force" you might be suprised, you might find yourself behind bars if you dont phrase your wording correctly after an incident.
Of course it is not an easy thing and for most material posessions it is not worth a death sentence. The problem lies in when you feel threatened. How do you know what type of action this person will take on you or your family. The choice has to made before the event unfortunately that you would be ready to use deadly force. :eh:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #108
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
well, thats up for debate, the DA has claimed he will prosecute anybody who's trying to use that law, it was meant to define "traveling",and it's still a very loose interpretation. so NO it's not legal, but not truly illegal.......you take a big risk.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:29 AM   #109
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302

i was in fear for my life..........

as for the rest, you are very correct. it is a hard decision, and we all talk the talk, but would we walk the walk, who knows......a good friend, former marine, dead eye shot, had the opp. to shoot a thief that was stealing a TV outta his jeep. he let them go. he reslved it wasn't worth all that.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 03-01-2006 at 07:32 AM.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #110
seaotter

You guys are spot on with the law for carrying. It is up to the Po-po to determine your "means". They wont give you any trouble if you just show some respect. Also, if something does happen......know what your saying for sure. You need to be able to articulate your situation. I'm in the Coast Guard and work with all sorts of LEO'S, so if ya'll have any questions just shoot em my way. I'll get them answered if I don't know myself. My best advice is to just use common sense, you have to keep your head......and I know thats hard to do when someone is stealing YOUR stuff.

99 GT aka "silver streak"

03 R1 *stolen 18 FEB 06*

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2228404
seaotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #111
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
i was in fear for my life..........

as for the rest, you are very correct. it is a hard decision, and we all talk the talk, but would we walk the walk, who knows......a good friend, former marine, dead eye shot, had the opp. to shoot a thief that was stealing a TV outta his jeep. he let them go. he reslved it wasn't worth all that.
when i took my concealed permits class, tehy stressed that if you can make a run for it, then arent in fear for your life, then dont stooh. if you cant get away and are in fear for your life, then be sure not to miss.
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement