MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

WSB ... I'm sold... SPOILER!!

Okay, after watching this weekend's racing, I'm sold. AMA Pros and MotoGP aren't anywhere near as exciting. I don't know what WSB has done, but I think they got the formula right. Good close racing, fighting for every position ... man Spies... another awesome round for the rookie.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"SPOILER" WSB- Japanese domination at Brands Hatch Grinchy Taking it to the Track 15 08-02-2008 01:39 PM
WSB Spoiler! tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 5 04-10-2008 01:41 PM
WSB = Ducati Cup Again SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 47 02-28-2008 03:43 PM
WSB baby, dont cry guys SPOILER FLYIN'DUC Taking it to the Track 41 02-24-2008 11:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Dude, spoiler?????
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Okay, after watching this weekend's racing, I'm sold. AMA Pros and MotoGP aren't anywhere near as exciting. I don't know what WSB has done, but I think they got the formula right. Good close racing, fighting for every position ... man Spies... another awesome round for the rookie.

It was pretty exciting to watch.

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Spies should of had a double win , shame to run out of gas on the last corners of the last lap
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
S.D.W.
...Ready

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

great....i was watching these races right now!!!! A-holes

JK

SBK does have very exciting races. The guys in Moto GP have MAD skillz but the racing isn't as intense as SBK, or should I say the margins of victory are greater.... ot it seems to me. The competition stays close and that is what fans love to see, close racing
Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Quote:
WSBK just has a big field of GREAT riders AND GREAT bikes/teams. Same with WSS.

AMA, there is just a big experience gap between most of the riders, plus you have to take into mind there are a lot of privateers.......some paying for their own parts out of pocket. AMA is dead to me. Unless Larry is going to be on tv.

MotoGP is the same with AMA, only it's a developmental gap between the bikes.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
logan5

Bike(s):

AMA just seems so amatureish ... not in the level of skills but in prodution ... MotoGP is Formula One where the team with the most money wins on technology. WSB remindes me of CART back in the 80's and early 90's where rider/driver skills was the difference and passing was the norm.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
AMA just seems so amatureish ... not in the level of skills but in prodution ... MotoGP is Formula One where the team with the most money wins on technology. WSB remindes me of CART back in the 80's and early 90's where rider/driver skills was the difference and passing was the norm.
More money on the world stage my friend. There is just more money for motorcycle racing in general on that side of the pond anyhow.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
More money on the world stage my friend. There is just more money for motorcycle racing in general on that side of the pond anyhow.
Thank for the spanish and the Italians
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
I have to disagree. Riders in the AMA (the really good ones) are paid way more in the AMA. Spies took a pay cut to go to WSBK. Why do you think Mladin's been here for more than a decade. He gets PAID. Hacking & the Haydens too. Neil Hodgson is a former WSBK title holder and he's been in the AMA the last 2 or 3 years. There HAS to be a team in WSBK that would have Neil Hodgson on their team if he was interested, no?

Now, there's definitely more fan-base revenues in WSBK, but as far as team salaries, they're not.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
I have to disagree. Riders in the AMA (the really good ones) are paid way more in the AMA. Spies took a pay cut to go to WSBK. Why do you think Mladin's been here for more than a decade. He gets PAID. Hacking & the Haydens too. Neil Hodgson is a former WSBK title holder and he's been in the AMA the last 2 or 3 years. There HAS to be a team in WSBK that would have Neil Hodgson on their team if he was interested, no?

Now, there's definitely more fan-base revenues in WSBK, but as far as team salaries, they're not.
I agree with you to a point where rider salaries are concerned but if WSBK, WSS, MotoGP, 250GP, 125GP & World Endurance relied on American and English money then it's my belief that we would not have them.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post

I meant there is more $$$$ circulating in the sport, in general, on that side of the world.

Also, Spies took a pay cut because Yamaha took a gamble. One that certainly paid off though. Look for his salary to go up.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
logan5

Bike(s):

Quote:
I meant there is more $$$$ circulating in the sport, in general, on that side of the world.

Also, Spies took a pay cut because Yamaha took a gamble. One that certainly paid off though. Look for his salary to go up.
well, if they want to keep him in WSB for sure ... because I bet the MotoGP guys are taking a real good look at him right now.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
8-ball

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
06 Gsx-r 1K (Sold)
08 CBR 1000 LE (Stolen) Thieves should be made to suffer.
03 CBR 954 (Sold)
01 CBR F4i totaled

Quote:
well, if they want to keep him in WSB for sure ... because I bet the MotoGP guys are taking a real good look at him right now.
If I remember right Spies was a wild card last year in Moto GP for a couple of races, and he did well while he was there. He decided not to go to GP becuase all the seats for the real contending teams in GP were full.

I think he his real debate was to stay in the AMA and get paid. Or, make the better career move to the world stage and and take the pay cut.

I think he the right choice. The GP Dogs are going to be howling at his door step soon.
8-ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

I bet he stays in WSBK at least one more season. Especially if he doesn't get the WSBK crown this year.

Unless, teams like FIAT or Repsol dump a rider. Not likely though.....at least not before next seasons end.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #16
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Hmmm... Toseland isn't looking very good, and if I were Ben I don't think I would be riding anyting but the Yamaha in MotoGP...

The rest of the bikes are way behind.
Unless your name is Casey you can't ride the Duc
Unless you're a "little person" you can't ride the honda...
Suzuki, ....yaaawwwn
Kwak......???????

Besides, unless the economy recovers in a big way, MotoGP as a whole is on shakey ground from what I have read recently...

I think Ben should stay in WSBK until things stabilize...

Next year his goal can be to win ALL the races let's see someone top that...LOL
Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

I think Spies is only going to hop over to GP is if he has a true factory sponsor ride, and to be honest I think he would be worth it to hold out on a factory ride.
Random_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumper View Post
Kwak......???????
Don't rule out Melandri just yet.

Ben will stick to WSBK long enough to get the brass ring. Then he and Houseworth will migrate to MotoGP. Probably a Tech 3 ride as Rossi will never "lose" his ride and successful Spain riders (Lorenzo) just bring too much sponsor money.
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #19
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
I bet he stays in WSBK at least one more season. Especially if he doesn't get the WSBK crown this year.

Unless, teams like FIAT or Repsol dump a rider. Not likely though.....at least not before next seasons end.
My money is on Spies going to motoGP next year,
Toseland, not with standing a miracle has not done enough to keep his ride with Tech3 which we know is a very good bike!
There are also rumours on the internet that Lorenzo is being courted by Honda in a big bucks deal. yamaha have gone so far as saying that although they would like to keep him but he has not yet resigned!!
Quality seats were not available to Ben last year, this year (for 2010) will be different!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #20
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie H. View Post
Don't rule out Melandri just yet.

Ben will stick to WSBK long enough to get the brass ring. Then he and Houseworth will migrate to MotoGP. Probably a Tech 3 ride as Rossi will never "lose" his ride and successful Spain riders (Lorenzo) just bring too much sponsor money.
+1