MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #41
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
I've seen no mention of the types of bikes yet?? (unless I missed it)

Where they even sportbikes? HD's???? Scooters???? Other???
last night on fox news at 9 they showed a rear end of what was a sport bike, it was blue but I didn't recognize the tail light
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How is everyone storing their bikes/track bikes? f4ihoneybadger General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-02-2014 11:59 PM
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
What is the strangest thing you hit or almost hit? urbanXJ Off Topic 38 02-27-2009 12:43 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #42
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by tarosean View Post
I've seen no mention of the types of bikes yet?? (unless I missed it)

Where they even sportbikes? HD's???? Scooters???? Other???
From the pics I saw on the news there was a green kawi was on its side, and dark colored sportbike was also on it's side and another dark colored sportbike was parked upright. They did not show the other two bikes that were involved!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #43
Helena
TEAM BLT *****ES!
 
Helena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PP1!
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 897

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600RR









what a tragedy .. RIP
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 AM   #44
Airmank1
Luu Motorsport & Team BLT
 
Airmank1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 483

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
CBR600RR 05'
CBR600RR 07' (in Mexico)








Send a message via AIM to Airmank1
RIP
Airmank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #45
Spiderman
Outkasts C.C.
 
Spiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: extreme north side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 524

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 Katana 750 (sold)
94 FXR, 75 Sportster
98 Buell S1, 79 Shovel
95 Kawi KZ1000P (Madmax)
mini chopper






This from the Conroe Courier


Mickey Cohen Jr., 14, of Houston, died from injuries he suffered around 7:30 p.m. Sunday when he was thrown from the motorcycle his father was operating on FM 2090, near Carol Lane, close to the Splendora city limits. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, the report stated.

His father, Mickey Cohen Sr., 34, of Houston, was critically injured with severe head trauma, according to the DPS report, and also flown by air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center. He died Monday, the hospital spokeswoman said.

The Cohens were riding a 1998 Kawasaki motorcycle and were accompanied by Robert Smart, 37, of Houston, who was riding a 2002 Suzuki motorcycle, Derrick Loving, 37, of Houston, who was riding a 1999 Honda motorcycle, and Alfred Williams, who was on a 2007 Suzuki motorcycle. The DPS report listed no age or residence for Williams.

The motorcyclists were headed west on FM 2090 when they entered a gradual curve at a high rate of speed, according to the report, and attempted to pass a vehicle eastbound on FM 2090. Smart, Loving and Williams all drove their motorcycles into a ditch to avoid a Ford two-door sedan driven by Lisa Rogers, 46, of New Caney, who was eastbound on FM 2090, the report stated.

But the Cohens’ motorcycle was unable to avoid Rogers’ vehicle and struck it on the front-left part of the Blazer, the DPS report stated.

Smart was taken to Kingwood Medical Center with a broken leg, according to the report, and Loving was taken to the same hospital in stable condition. Williams had no injuries, and Rogers had minor injuries but refused transport.

The deaths mark the 26th, 27th and 28th fatalities on Montgomery County roads in 2009.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #46
Scatter
Senior Member
 
Scatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,643

Experience: 4-8 months











WTF?! passing in a turn with your kid on the back? really?!!!!!!
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
bueller
future lotto winner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: wouldn't know if i told u
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 200

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r








prayers sent to the family
__________________
always looking for a good curve
bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #48
Elistan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 110


Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
This from the Conroe Courier

[...]

The deaths mark the 26th, 27th and 28th fatalities on Montgomery County roads in 2009.
Wait - three deaths? I'm confused. The article only talks about two...
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #49
ducoop
Senior Member
 
ducoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
Wait - three deaths? I'm confused. The article only talks about two...
I saw that too.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #50
BoostJunky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,863












thats crazy... hope they recover
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 AM   #51
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
This from the Conroe Courier


Mickey Cohen Jr., 14, of Houston, died from injuries he suffered around 7:30 p.m. Sunday when he was thrown from the motorcycle his father was operating on FM 2090, near Carol Lane, close to the Splendora city limits. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, the report stated.

His father, Mickey Cohen Sr., 34, of Houston, was critically injured with severe head trauma, according to the DPS report, and also flown by air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center. He died Monday, the hospital spokeswoman said.

The Cohens were riding a 1998 Kawasaki motorcycle and were accompanied by Robert Smart, 37, of Houston, who was riding a 2002 Suzuki motorcycle, Derrick Loving, 37, of Houston, who was riding a 1999 Honda motorcycle, and Alfred Williams, who was on a 2007 Suzuki motorcycle. The DPS report listed no age or residence for Williams.

The motorcyclists were headed west on FM 2090 when they entered a gradual curve at a high rate of speed, according to the report, and attempted to pass a vehicle eastbound on FM 2090. Smart, Loving and Williams all drove their motorcycles into a ditch to avoid a Ford two-door sedan driven by Lisa Rogers, 46, of New Caney, who was eastbound on FM 2090, the report stated.

But the Cohens’ motorcycle was unable to avoid Rogers’ vehicle and struck it on the front-left part of the Blazer, the DPS report stated.

Smart was taken to Kingwood Medical Center with a broken leg, according to the report, and Loving was taken to the same hospital in stable condition. Williams had no injuries, and Rogers had minor injuries but refused transport.

The deaths mark the 26th, 27th and 28th fatalities on Montgomery County roads in 2009.
A Ford Blazer? They are just overflowing with intelligence at the Conroe Courier!!



RIP to the fallen.

Any confirmation on helmet use?
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #52
Spiderman
Outkasts C.C.
 
Spiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: extreme north side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 524

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 Katana 750 (sold)
94 FXR, 75 Sportster
98 Buell S1, 79 Shovel
95 Kawi KZ1000P (Madmax)
mini chopper






Quote:
Originally Posted by Elistan View Post
Wait - three deaths? I'm confused. The article only talks about two...
The whole article was about three deaths in Mont co. I only posted the part that pertained to this thread except for the very bottom.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #53
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









5.56 deaths per month for Montgomery County roads so far...
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #54
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Holy ****ing , this guy REALLY tried to pass someone in a corner??!! Seriously though, not trying to talk bad about someone that has died cause thats messed up.

Maybe he came in hot behind someone and swerved to oncoming traffic to avoid rear ending the vehicle.

Its hard to fathom ANYONE doing that anytime for any reason other than avoiding a rear end collision.

I have heard of and seen a lot of dumb on bikes but passing someone in a corner with their son in the back is just impossible for me to believe someone would do intentionally. No way.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #55
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
5.56 deaths per month for Montgomery County roads so far...
Se la vie...
I, we all, Live it everyday when we kick our leg over our bikes, kick up that kickstand and hit the streets. I plan on winning this game each and every time I play, and I know that doesn't mean I will. I like where I live (Splendora, Montgomery County) even when the numbers don't look so nice.

The people involved in the accident are the only ones who know why they made the decisions they made. I know I have passed cars in that very same curve, many times It is all about what is going on at that moment in time.
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #56
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #57
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









"Stupide est comme Stupide Fait"

Stupid is as stupid does...


the concept of pre-determined fate goes against the concept of free will and is a sub-concious action to remove aspects of responsibility.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #58
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
"Stupide est comme Stupide Fait"

Stupid is as stupid does...
So you have NEVER done ANYTHING that someone who thinks they are better than you would find as stupid?
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #59
Ulric
Dirty Old
 
Ulric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1









Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
So you have NEVER done ANYTHING that someone who thinks they are better than you would find as stupid?
Deary, I have done things that I think are 'stupid', as well as others.
None of these put the health of one or more others at risk... nor does it make the action any less 'stupid' because it succeeded.

I chose to do them, there was no 'fate' that guided the action or the result.
to attempt to claim "c'est la ve" is really nothing more than turning a blind eye to the potential results of our actions/choices.. or the actions/choices/results of others, wether they directly impact our own lives or not.
__________________
"new joke tomorrow..."
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #60
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess
 
vmaxgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Splendora
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r


Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Deary, I have done things that I think are 'stupid', as well as others.
None of these put the health of one or more others at risk... nor does it make the action any less 'stupid' because it succeeded.

I chose to do them, there was no 'fate' that guided the action or the result.
to attempt to claim "c'est la ve" is really nothing more than turning a blind eye to the potential results of our actions/choices.. or the actions/choices/results of others, wether they directly impact our own lives or not.
I turn no blind eye to it, I have just accept that those were not my choices to make so I will not judge their actions/choices.
__________________
If people insist on acting like idiots, I must insist on treating them like idiots.
vmaxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy