MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
JJO
The One and Only

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

Man, I would have argued w/that one. Your insurance card says INSURED, then under it it lists the driver's names. In Texas, your insurance will cover the veh you drive in most cases. That's why you can use your insurance card at enterprise/hertz.
JJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4/28/10 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders Pasadena Hooter's Flip Events, Meets and Rides 221 05-09-2010 10:44 PM
11/17 M&G 7PM - Riders Helpin Riders – Wings Pizza N Things Flip Events, Meets and Rides 136 11-18-2009 04:30 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #22
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Yeah I know it, thats so stupid, I think what I'm going to do, since he decided to inconvenience me, is I am gonna inconvenience him, instead of me dismissing it at the counter, I'm gonna plead not guilty and take it to a judge trial.. then show my proof then.. do you all think it would work?
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #23
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Yeah I know it, thats so stupid, I think what I'm going to do, since he decided to inconvenience me, is I am gonna inconvenience him, instead of me dismissing it at the counter, I'm gonna plead not guilty and take it to a judge trial.. then show my proof then.. do you all think it would work?
no you would be saying you did have insruance at the time he pulled you over which you didnt, you can get it with in 10 days of the ticket and have it dimissed or you can go to court and say you had it the whole time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
Man, I would have argued w/that one. Your insurance card says INSURED, then under it it lists the driver's names. In Texas, your insurance will cover the veh you drive in most cases. That's why you can use your insurance card at enterprise/hertz.
your insurance covers you in the cars on the policy and any other car that is NOT in your name, any car in your name has to be on your policy or its not coverd
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:45 PM   #24
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

It wasn't in my name yet.... I had barely left the guys driveway
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #25
zero4o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
It wasn't in my name yet.... I had barely left the guys driveway
well i guess techinicly if it was registerd to some one else you have liability coverage if you ran into some one you would have to file it as his car and not yours tho
Old 02-27-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

your insurance covers you in the cars on the policy and any other car that is NOT in your name, any car in your name has to be on your policy or its not coverd[/quote]

I beg to differ on that, sir. In the state of Texas, ANYTIME an individual purchases a vehicle, your CURRENT insurance will cover said vehicle for a period of up to 30 days.

By your logic, when you rent a car you would have to put that veh on your insurance.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #27
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

I know I can get it tossed at the window, I already talked to the clerk (they said it hadn't been registered yet to go ahead and do it though) but I just wish there was something I could do to inconvenience him for inconveniencing me, I know thats petty but it was really frusterating when added on top of the "Your plate lights don't work" when I clearly saw they did within a minute of getting pulled over.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #28
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

take it to traffic court. don't get ins on the car you just bought. show the D.A. your ins card you have today, and tell me what happens.

It will get dismissed. The driver is covered.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #29
zero4o3

I beg to differ on that, sir. In the state of Texas, ANYTIME an individual purchases a vehicle, your CURRENT insurance will cover said vehicle for a period of up to 30 days.

By your logic, when you rent a car you would have to put that veh on your insurance.[/QUOTE]

? i said the only time its not coverd is if the car is registerd to you and not on your policy, i dont know where you go but last time i rented a car it wasnt registerd to me

FYI its not my logic it is my policy

Last edited by zero4o3; 02-27-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #30
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

misread, sorry.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #31
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
take it to traffic court. don't get ins on the car you just bought. show the D.A. your ins card you have today, and tell me what happens.

It will get dismissed. The driver is covered.

I'm not gonna insure it, you know what I'm gonna do with that car

I probably will make him show up to court though, It's just not right what he did to me.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #32
StealthR6

yeah i see A LOT of cops on the road right now in austin. There were literally four or five cops within four miles of each other on I-35... My roommate saw one in the parking lot overseeing the road by our apartments and decided to stop and talk to the cop. he asked "so you guys trying to reach ur quota or what? i just saw about four of you pigs on I-35 staked out". Cop looked and said "get the away from me or i'll find something to ticket you for!" lol!
StealthR6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement