MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #61
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Rant text is hidden for those who want to remain DRAMA FREE - Highlight or just read the "Nice" stuff. Only don't comment here - send me a PM if I yanked your chain, cuz I'd love to have some names to go with the empty seats...

***BEGIN RANT***

I didn't sign up - tonight is typically a work night for me and I don't sign up for stuff (even weekly M&G's) if I only "HOPE" I can make it. Because my schedule is rigid, but not set in stone, sometimes I just show up and make room for myself. As luck would have it work called at 4:50pm because they could not confirm my patient. Knowing there was limited space and it was last minute, I called Squoddy who said - DNGRMOUSE ~ Monkey 6.9 - was out and I should take his place. Cool for me and cool for the spot not going to waste ~ Only...

Had Weenie not backed out I would have been turned away at the door because the class was supposed to be FULL. Hand-outs, work-books, etc - limited space/full ~ OVER HALF OF YOU PUNKED OUT. WTF? Next time (If there is one) If you can't commit, don't sign up. There were people who showed up early, but were TURNED AWAY because the class was "Full" of No-Shows.

Unless you were in a wreck, stopped for speeding, placed in jail, called to the deathbed of a sick person... What was your EXCUSE for hogging a spot and not showing? You Suck. Buy a calendar. Better yet have someone write it on your forehead with a sharpie so you can see it everytime you pass a mirror. But don't flake, it wasn't a M&G or a weekly ride, it was a FREE CLASS with limited space available. It was money spent by a sponsor to provide free supplies for a class people showed a lot of interest in attending. Bet if you had paid money you would have showed.

Your Loss.

***END RANT***

The hand-outs were cool, the video was okay, but the discussions were priceless and the knowlege shared was invaluable.

AS ALWAYS IT WAS AWESOME!
thats why you are my best frind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Riding Discussion sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 12-16-2012 07:26 AM
group riding Question Bruiser Safety Corner Main 24 06-07-2010 11:16 PM
Group Riders Class Attendees---THANKS walturd General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-04-2009 08:48 PM
Group riding last night?? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-31-2009 12:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #62
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
Well you did lose, but not so much as all those folks who made a commitment and then for no reason at all just decided they are too much of a "princess" to grace us with their presence.

Challen wouldn't give us the list so we could call you out by name but you know who you are...
yes i am one of them, and had to bail out because i had to fix a problem i was carying for more than a month, and yesterday was my chance to catch that person and get record stright

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94797

now it wasnt about the fine. is about my record now if this isnt important to you uhwell

for me it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #63
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
yes i am one of them, and had to bail out because i had to fix a problem i was carrying for more than a month, and yesterday was my chance to catch that person and get record straight

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94797

now it wasn't about the fine. is about my record now if this isn't important to you uhwell

for me it is

I understand that a few people may have had legitimate reasons.

Those of us who attended are giving the no-shows a hard time because it hurts everyone when more than half the people who commit to be at a class don't show up.

A simple courtesy phone call or email ahead of time would have allowed someone else who wanted to attend take your spot. If you contacted them, then great and I am not talking about you.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #64
crzy88

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636

yea I was responsible enough to show up and I'm coming all the way from Lake Jackson!! I had to experience the highway of death called 45 during rush hour! It was free so how could I miss out. At least let the people know before the event.....
crzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #65
trammy

Feedback Rating: (0)

I went there for BRC and Awesome Cycles is GREAT! too bad i missed this though.... I just read about it today...
trammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #66
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
Well you did lose, but not so much as all those folks who made a commitment and then for no reason at all just decided they are too much of a "princess" to grace us with their presence.
Challen wouldn't give us the list so we could call you out by name but you know who you are...
Well that sucks! I forgot all about this and didn't send him an email. I figured I'd take a chance the day of the event, and send him an email anyway. Just as I had expected, the class was full. So no go for me! I would have been more than happy to had filled one of those empty "committed" seats.

But I guess that could be a problem when a class is offered for free, since anyone that registers has no real monetary incentive to attend or not attend.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement